New LL Interview-Translated Into English From French

You just gave me a shudder b/c I immediately thought of this in the new Hulk film

LFerrigno-sm.jpg

The sad thing is that when this show was on, thats what the Hulk looked like in the comics.

It was a 70's tv show not a 120 million dollar film. LOL What's more amazing is Lou looks better now.

I think it's 120-140 million. I'm sure that will inflate during filming though it won't go over 180 million that's contractually for certain. LOL That's a good range considering how fast the international box office has grown in the last 3 years. Look at Spidey 3. :)

^Hulk will tear up the International BO because I live overbroad in the caribbean to be precise and the people here who knows the hulk movie is being restarted is already pumped knowing the possibilities they can get

I think it's 120-140 million. I'm sure that will inflate during filming though it won't go over 180 million that's contractually for certain. LOL That's a good range considering how fast the international box office has grown in the last 3 years. Look at Spidey 3. :)
Wow the watchmen has a budget of 120 Dollars :dry:

So you want Hulk to be 6 inches shorter than this guy?

r_agassi_i.jpg

Certainly people won't bemoan a Hulk that is only going to be 1ft 6 inches taller than a certain asian basketball player.

Yes but 5 guys wide!

... it appears they're gonna use Lou maybe for the motion capture and tranformation scenes.
Did I miss something or is this a huge conclusional jump from Lou saying he would be playing a "big important part" in the film? I know they're referencing the tv show a lot in interviews but this seems a bit of a stretch to me.

Did I miss something or is this a huge conclusional jump from Lou saying he would be playing a "big important part" in the film? I know they're referencing the tv show a lot in interviews but this seems a bit of a stretch to me.

It's a conclusion I made. Unless he's gonna be General Ross which just uhhh wouldn't work or Doc Sampson. LOL He's not gonna carry a traditional lead role...I can't imagine that. So what would be a big part? Well if he did all the motion capture and they designed the Hulk CGI after him...that's a big part. What else would be a big part? Possibly in tranformation scenes with clothes ripping, etc...

Unless he was exaggerating.

Many thanks for this great interview, Frenchie rulez!!
Well Louis give us the promise to see something unseen before, that sounds really great!
ANd I appreciate his references to Edward Scissorhands and others.

Waiting for the next steps!

It's a conclusion I made. Unless he's gonna be General Ross which just uhhh wouldn't work or Doc Sampson. LOL He's not gonna carry a traditional lead role...I can't imagine that. So what would be a big part? Well if he did all the motion capture and they designed the Hulk CGI after him...that's a big part. What else would be a big part? Possibly in tranformation scenes with clothes ripping, etc...

Unless he was exaggerating.
Lou as the voice of the Hulk might be considered a big part. :)

Why do we need Lou in it? Its not like he's a great actor or anything.

:dry: You're dead to me.

Actually, using Lou in some reference capacity wouldn't be all bad. I'd probably hand over my $$ to see it again and again if they just had the white contacts eye transformation.

This does sound encouraging. It's rare that you have a director who seems excited about the source material and less about how his/her "vision" is getting played out. LL seems like the type to geek out on certain types of scenes just as we would, so I'm looking forward to it.

This does sound encouraging. It's rare that you have a director who seems excited about the source material and less about how his/her "vision" is getting played out. LL seems like the type to geek out on certain types of scenes just as we would, so I'm looking forward to it.

huh, last director I heard of who has no "vision" was Brett Ratner, and yet we got x3 :cmad:
don't tell me it's true to the "source material" !!!!

What's the point of doing a movie if there's no "vision" in it....(not talking about an Avenger movie :hyper:)???

I have no Fear LL will deliver the epic sense of havoc that the Hulk should cause, but I hope he has his "own vision" too (and a good script:cwink:)...

Wow, awesome... I think I am officially excited about the movie. This interview with LL was the missing link for me... the "gel" that provides context for everything else, mainly since the actors were announced. The two scenes LL references are left to our imagination, but the thing that gives me the most peace - like he's got it heading in the right direction, as many of you are saying - is in the last paragraph:

"I see this character as a tortured soul, prisoner of his superpowers and always on the run by fear of hurting others. If I need to state any references, I’d say mostly Jeckyl and Hyde, Frankenstein and even Edward Scissorhands."

This, to me, captures the essence of the Hulk and indicates that LL is taking Hulk's source/origins seriously - getting it right, rather than unnecessarily promoting more action (than the first film) or himself as a director. Because this sequel is of such a delicate nature, I was concerned that he - along with the entire production staff - might overthink TIH or be overwhelmed by our expectations... but LL seems to have a calm about him, and I couldn't be more pleased. As one of you said, it seems TIH will be more epidosic - like one issue of a comic, rather than an all-encompassing view - and if it's true, I think it can only be good for the franchise and us, the fans.

As somewhat of a side, for those of you who are loving everything about the movie except Zak Penn, I think you can take comfort in the fact that the two mystery scenes were contributed by Stéphane Levallois - otherwise, someone other than Zak Penn. It's clear that the Hulk isn't being restricted solely to his imagination... so even THAT you can be excited about.

And the little matter of 9 feet... was there any size that would please everyone? The Hulk has to be significantly large so as to be sufficiently imposing, yet not so large as to upset the delicate balance of those whom would be reminded of Ang's Miracle-Gro Hulk. We couldn't have him 15 feet (or 45 feet, as LL jokes), so what size fits all? Nine feet, if you ask me... and I did consider the possibility of Hulk as a supersized Yao Ming. [It has its merits, but seriously, you make him that wide and he becomes the blob... to go along with Shrek and Gumbi, another branding he doesn't need. Let's see what Hulk can do at 9 feet.]

Until the next major update...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"