New Namor series swimming our way

roach

I am the night
Reaction score
Vampires are hunting mutants and the only hope for the X-Men may be the Sub-Mariner, as he boldly launches into a new ongoing series with the extra-sized NAMOR: THE FIRST MUTANT #1, a "Curse of The Mutants" tie-in spinning out of the hotly-anticipated X-MEN #1! Stuart Moore and Ariel Olivetti set the world's first mutant on his most dangerous mission ever! Namor may be able to end the vampire threat, but is he willing to sacrifice Atlantis? And what can stop the threat of...the Atlantean vampires? With covers by Jae Lee and Joe Quesada, NAMOR #1 marks the beginning on a new chapter in Namor's life...or his death.

This August, dive into an all new ongoing series with NAMOR: THE FIRST MUTANT. The X-Men will never be the same!

NAMOR: THE FIRST MUTANT #1
Written by STUART MOORE
Penciled by ARIEL OLIVETTI
Cover by JAE LEE
Variant Cover by JOE QUESADA
Rated T+ ...$3.99
ON SALE AUGUST

Attachments

• 12484storystory_full-3765104_.jpg
    12484storystory_full-3765104_.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 43
I would've probably been interested in this if it weren't spinning out of X-Men. :csad:

agreed. This was one of the first Superheroes for Marvel and tying him to the X-men which is a series that Marvel pushed off center stage seems silly. Especially tying him into the vampire "threat"...this guy should have been on an Avenger team...Namor suddenly giving a damn about mutant rights didnt seem right to me

I would've probably been interested in this if it weren't spinning out of X-Men. :csad:

Ditto :csad:

agreed. This was one of the first Superheroes for Marvel and tying him to the X-men which is a series that Marvel pushed off center stage seems silly. Especially tying him into the vampire "threat"...this guy should have been on an Avenger team...Namor suddenly giving a damn about mutant rights didnt seem right to me

I don't think it says anything about him caring about mutant rights. I'm sure they'll be some kind of connecting thread that will link the two that makes them feel the need to team up. Doesn't sound like a mutant right issue to me, more like a 'Oh noes, vampirez' issue

Namor muscles are looking a little wrinkly. He's kinda got a Ric Flair thing going on.

I hope the Jae Lee cover is better than that horrible one.

Ditto :csad:

I don't think it says anything about him caring about mutant rights. I'm sure they'll be some kind of connecting thread that will link the two that makes them feel the need to team up. Doesn't sound like a mutant right issue to me, more like a 'Oh noes, vampirez' issue

he's hanging out with the X-men right now

I'm sad that Namor's going back to the speedo 'costume.' I liked the scaly green and black one he had before he joined the X-Men.

marvel_namor1.jpg

yup

I like his current costume alot actually, wish he was sticking with it.

i liked his art on the book..it made me pick it up

It looks like he was taking pointers from Liam Sharp at the time. I remember the series being really, really dark and sometimes hard to follow. I prefer what his style evolved into by the time he was working on The Inhumans with Paul Jenkins.

Namor looks like Lobo and Aquaman had a very sick sick messed up baby in that image.

"We want to see Namor fight...wait for it...vampires."
"This guy fought and beat the Hulk...whats a vampire going to do to him."
"Well its gonna kick start a romance between him and a vampire woman named Ella."
"Get out of my office."
"Twilight is hot right now"

yeah this bothers me because I want a new Namor but not an X-men spin-off fighting vampires. This sucks.

I've become a fan of Namor's recently. But if I were to follow this I would have to wait until the vampires storyline is passed.

Like seeing Lee on the art. Was interesting to see his evolution from the 90s to 00s. His are was a reason I bought the Hulk/Thing: Hard Knocks mini several years back.

Vampires are weird in comics to me. They're something that has to be a major component of the character's universe and maintain a constant presence, like with Blade or the Darkhold Redeemers, or else they can only show up for an arc or two very, very, rarely. Like the old incident with Dracula attacking the X-Men and turning Storm into a vamp--that was okay because everything went back to normal quickly. MI-13 dealing with a massive vampire assault on Earth that seemed to spring up from out of nowhere--that's okay because MI-13 deals with magic a lot, Blade was on the team, and it was only for an arc.

But the X-Men and Namor--characters who are in no way associated with vampires--randomly plunging into a long and sustained conflict with vampires for no apparent reason? It just doesn't compute for me, nor does it capture my interest.

Last edited:
Vampires are only part of the opening story arc for both books and then it moves on. There's no need to get so upset.

I'm just glad Namor has his own series again. I hope it last longer than the last 1.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"