The New New Avengers

Reaction score
Luke Cage Is A New Avenger Again

It looks as though Marvel Comics is getting ready to ramp up a new run of teaser images for their impending Heroic Age rebranding of their core universe and their flagship Avengers titles. After already announcing the lineup of the new "Avengers" ongoing with a series of cast teasers and then hinting at a possible membership for "Secret Avengers," the publisher today released word that Luke Cage would be the first official member of the New Avengers team starring in the relaunched "New Avengers" ongoing whose first issue hits in June. Like the last iteration of the series, the book will be written by Brian Michael Bendis and drawn by Stuart Immonen, though more details (including how Cage will serve as both a New Avenger and as a Thunderbolt) are unsurprisingly being withheld for the time being. Check out Immonen's first teaster below, and check back to CBR throughout the week for more word on "New Avengers."

1267464342.jpg

:cap: :cap: :cap:

Is marvel kidding us with this?? I though "The Avengers" were the "New Avengers"???

Last edited:
That's cool. I like the way Bendis has been writing Luke, and he's got great chemistry with Spider-Man, so I'm happy to see him as an Avenger. It'll be interesting to see him interact with Iron Man and Thor.

Luke is also supposed to be leading the new Thunderbolts though, right? I know guys can work on multiple teams but, the LEADER of the TBolts? How can he lead a team and be a member of another team? Unless his Avengers gig will be like Wolverine's and he only shows up on the covers. But I don't see Bendis --nevermind. It's not like Bendis will acknowledge ThunderBolts anyway, so he can have Luke do whatever he wants. :whatever:

why would their need to be a "New Avengers" still? the Avengers are back together. Hell Luke Cage is not even a "New" Avenger, hes been one for years. so we are basically back to this crap again

The only way they can salvage this for me is if Thing and Beast are on the squad.

:thing: :thing: :thing:

waitaminute,

This means Bendis is gonna be writing "Avengers" AND "New Avengers"??? Again?!

F that, Marvel!! Let Slott write Avengers with the Big 3, and let Bendis write his precious New Avengers with his pet characters.

So the new Avenegrs, is just what the old New avenegrs was, so why are they called the New Avengers?

No New Avengers is gonna be different cause Spidey, Wolverine, Spiderwoman, Ironman and Cap are gonna be "Avengers". Luke is the only "New Avenger" that will be on this "NEW" New Avengers book....did that make any sense? lol

And why are we freakin' relaunching it?!!!

I've been looking for a jumping off point for Avengers for a while now and have been saying it's after Siege. But then Avengers seemed interesting, and Thunderbolts seemed interesting, and Secret Avengers has me curious. But now this reminds me why I wanted off in the first place. Pointless cancelations and relaunches, tons of titles, characters overlapping, etc.

Ugh.

I may still try a few of them out, but I'm not doing it all anymore.

Marvel can't help themselves, New Avengers sold too well for them to get rid of it completely. Its so pointless tho, i thought the whole point of the Heroic age is that now everybody is united and there's no need for several avengers teams anymore???

Well there won't be several Avenger teams beating the hell out of each other. Ie no Mighty vs New vs Secret vs Dark..........

Also Luke should be pretty busy with him leading the Thunderbolts.

I'm thinking I may get this and Avengers and call it done. Since Bendis is writing both I'm sure they'll crossover in some way, so that way it's all covered. I'm not a huge Brubaker fan so unless there's some amazing lineup in Secret Avengers, I have no problem skipping that. And the main draw to Thunderbolts for me is Luke and Juggernaut. With Luke here it's easy to skip that (though boy do I love Juggernaut :()

What role are the New Avengers going to have then? I mean, I'm not saying each team has to have a specific function like squads of the x-men or something. But given the "heroes be yourselves" way of life in the MU from now on, there isn't exactly the need for Street Avengers, Powerhouse Avengers, Black Op's Avengers, and Cadet Avengers. Though that really is the X-Men isn't it. X-Factor, Uncanny, X-Force, and New Mutants respectively.

Think more CSI.

One will prolly move to L.A. I guess they didn't want to use the West Coast Avengers moniker.

:thing: :doom: :thing:

Thank God, we needed this

EDIT: I just realized, Luke Cage never backs down. He also has a chain

Last edited:
Stupid chain. They could have at least uesd the crowbar he's used lately.

Little known fact: Luke Cage has backed down from a game of Twister before.

Awesome, that clears at least one Avengers title off my list. I heard we were getting 4 Avengers titles and assumed I would be buying them all, but this definitely looks like one I'll ignore. $4 per month = saved. :awesome:

I really hope the forth title is ''Avengers Academy''.

wow well there goes my hope of getting back to just one concise Avengers title after Siege:doh:

so what does all this mean ? The Avengers = the "Real Deal", Secret Avengers = the black ops team, The New AVengers = the street level team ?

by the way I agree that I would want someone else to write the avengers, I don't have anything against Bendis (well maybe yeah I might be a little annoyed about that blonde character who whines a lot, who is nuts and who took drugs (ain't talking about Paris here...although he looks a lot like her minus the muscles of course) but personnaly, I have ultimate spider man, the new avengers, siege, dark avengers, I think Marvel is suffering from acute Bendisitis right now.

Personnaly, I'm more intrigued by Secret Avengers and Brubaker handeling a team of Avengers :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"