The New New Avengers

Well holy crap, the Avengers are actually going to fight some crime. They were having dinner so often the last few issues, you'd think they'd all retired to guest judge on "Iron Chef America".

Well holy crap, the Avengers are actually going to fight some crime. They were having dinner so often the last few issues, you'd think they'd all retired to guest judge on "Iron Chef America".

SMH & LAU
:woot:

There's nothing awesome about her. Put Echo back on the team if you need a hand-to-hand female

Maybe I'm biased because I've read McCann's work with her and not Bendis'. She's cool in McCann's stuff alongside Hawkeye and Dominic Fortune. :up:

You should read some Avengers West Coast. Those were pretty much my Avengers growing up. I didn't really get into the main Avengers comic until Busiek and Perez's run. :)

Indeed. It's the main reason I'm so disappointed in how badly Bendis is f***ing Wonder Man up right now. The West Coast group's gotten massively screwed, if you think about it:

US Agent, crippled.
Vision, dead.
Scarlet Witch, crazy.
Wonder Man, crazy.
Iron Man, dick (although that's normal for him).
Human Torch, dead, then not, then dead again, now not but largely irrelevant.
War Machine, largely irrelevant.
Wasp, dead.

Hawkeye, Pym, Mockingbird, and Tigra are doing okay, but they had to go through some serious s*** to get back up to that point.

Wonder Man has been F***** for sure. I think some of these guys at Marvel hate the character. His spot as the Avengers strong guy with the shady background trying to do good got taken by Luke Cage .

Ha, the West Coast Avengers have gotten the Gen X treatment. :funny:

:(

Don't even get my started on the Living Lightning. What the f*** ever even happened to that guy? Does anyone know? :huh:

Heh, yes, Wikipedia just jogged my memory on that. But yeah, that guy just faded away immediately after AWC got canceled. I think he shows up once every other year now or something.

New Avengers #10 Preview

rmmn2s.jpg

Normal Osborn, the new villain created by Bendis!:
normal.jpg

Define 'Normal'

I only read Avengers West Coast when Byrne was on the book and really enjoyed it.

Last edited:
Joined the Texan fifty state team didnt he?

Yes, he was shown as a member of The Rangers. The team existed before the Initiative, but he and Armadillo seemed to be added due to it. So basically he is in limbo with the rest of The Rangers...

I have to give Bendis Props,... AGAIN.
New Avengers is one of the 9 Marvel titles I'm reading and remains one of my favorites because of the stuff he has going on.
This storyline remains good due to the interactions of the characters. (Heh,.. Cage walking off with the truck because he couldn't hotwire it? I chuckled outloud.) Ben Grimms solution? The only surprise was Mockingbird being shot,.. Meh.

And yet Avengers has sucked hard, this books been nothing short of spectacular.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"