The New New Avengers

I think that instead of doing a NA dvd, I think that marvel should make NA part of the Avengers Easrths Mightiest Heroes cartoon.

I don't know. The New Avengers might be a little dark for a cartoon on the Disney Channel, no? Granted, I haven't watched that show yet, but it seems like an all ages sort of 'toon. To do a true adaptation of the New Avengers, you kinda have to go at least a little dark. The genesis of the team alone is not really an all ages story.

I think it'd be fine. Maybe lighten up on Scott Lang's bone hand and Vision's robotic innards and I think it'd be fine.

ok i'm liking some of the line up for osborns new dark avengers, but seriously does he have to go the iron man route again.

dammint i want the goblin back.

Norman Osborn has never been a credible Avengers level villain.

Never really bought into the whole Iron Patriot, head of HAMMER thing. Go back to being a Spider-Man villain already.

I think it's not a bad idea. Many of spider-man's villains are capable of being larger term threats. Norman isn't powerwise but I buy him leading a villain army over the hood any day (hell in many ways he tops zemo as well).

I mean batman villains have been a threat to the JL before and they're not nearly the threat of a carnage, sandman, GG, ock or electro.

100% Worthy. In fact, since Bendis took over Avengers with Disassembled I'd say he's the best villain they've had, maybe rivaled by Vernake, the Spider-Woman Skrull queen.

He killed her ass so yes he gets the nod over her standard take over the world scheme.

He killed her ass so yes he gets the nod over her standard take over the world scheme.

Haha, yeah I guess he gets brownie points for that.

I also think Hood was a good fit for the Avengers, his trick just got old and he became stretched too thin. I like the character though and the Infinity Gems arc showed that if he can be used in different ways he can still be interesting. But he isn't at the Osborn/Veranke level for me. No one else really comes close... maybe the Void but not even then.

The hood like most bendis' stories had and interesting idea and premise but piss poor execution.

100% Worthy. In fact, since Bendis took over Avengers with Disassembled I'd say he's the best villain they've had, maybe rivaled by Vernake, the Spider-Woman Skrull queen.

The best villain by default, since half of Bendis' run they've been fighting ninjas.

I've just felt totally underwhelmed by Norman Osborn as of late and that he hasn't been particularly notable as an Avengers villain. The sooner he's back as a Spider-Man villain, the better for both himself and the Avengers from a purely story-telling perspective.

New Avengers #22 cover:

1320435755.jpg

:awesome:

The best villain by default, since half of Bendis' run they've been fighting ninjas.

I've just felt totally underwhelmed by Norman Osborn as of late and that he hasn't been particularly notable as an Avengers villain. The sooner he's back as a Spider-Man villain, the better for both himself and the Avengers from a purely story-telling perspective.

New Avengers vs Ninjas = 9 issues (one 3 issue arc, one 6 issue arc, both connected plot-wise)

Bendis' run to this date = 143 (combining Avengers, New Avengers, Mighty Avengers, and Dark Avengers... not including minis and one-shots).

My math sucks but that's, what, 6% of Bendis' run? I wish people would get off the freakin' "only fights ninjas" bandwagon already. There's plenty of things to criticize Bendis for - pick a legit one. This is necessarilly aimed at IKB but at the internet community in general. It gets old.

Last edited:
New Avengers vs Ninjas = 9 issues (one 3 issue arc, one 6 issue arc, both connected plot-wise)

Bendis' run to this date = 143 (combining Avengers, New Avengers, Mighty Avengers, and Dark Avengers... not including minis and one-shots).

My math sucks but that's, what, 6% of Bendis' run? I wish people would get off the freakin' "only fights ninjas" bandwagon already. There's plenty of things to criticize Bendis for - pick a legit one. This is necessarilly aimed at IKB but at the internet community in general. It gets old.

I refuse to make anything other than cliched, inaccurate complaints to express my malaise at the lack of substantive threats a fictional team have faced, damn it! :o

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"