New Super Mario Bros.

Benstamania

Go away.
Reaction score
Anyone playing this yet? Wow, I expected this game to be fun....but I didn't know it would be THIS fun. I'm only on the second world but I've been replaying the first world like a beast. Secrets are everywhere and the map (much like the map in Mario Bros 3 and Mario World) lets you see the secret worlds in plain site.....that's what drives you to find the ways to these levels.

It's a blast and like I said it's above and beyond my expectations, while looking the same cartoony way every Mario does, THIS game also looks much better then Mario 64 DS, crisp graphics and cool worlds.

So far I'm having the most fun I've had in a game in a loooong while. This will be a system seller for a lot of people, and it should be.

I have to wait another week for my birthday:(

II will get it on June 1st along with the DS Lite. The game has been getting some great reviews, I cant wait to play it.

I'm in the middle of it right now, and I am loving how classic feeling it is!

It's like I'm a youngster playing Mario 3 again.:O :up:

Somone told me that this new DS titles features a co-op mode. Is this true?

just got it today 7 dollars cheaper at Circut City

Got wait till June 11th for DS Lite to come out :(

I normaly would as well, but when I traded in my DS for my Lite my wife said she would just rather keep her normal DS. Therefor I get to play NSMB now. :)

I'd trade in my DS except it's the limited edition red one that came with Mario Kart DS. I'd rather pass on the sexy lite than give up my red one:(

VaderRISE said:
This will be a system seller for a lot of people, and it should be.
True. The reason I'm getting a DS is this game.

this game was selling like crazy today at work, but we also had alot of people say they are waiting for the ds lite to come out, asking if they have this game be held till then, so they could get it at the same time.

ill be gettin this game at the end of the week and i cant wait.

Spidey-Bat said:
I'd trade in my DS except it's the limited edition red one that came with Mario Kart DS. I'd rather pass on the sexy lite than give up my red one:(

That's the one my wife has. Interesting fact: The red one is fatter then the other versions. I have no idea why though....

I got the last copy at the Best Buy I went to at around 12:30pm... haven't played it yet.

I can't get across how much fun I'm having with this. I know I've said it already but I keep going back levels just to play them again, to make sure I got everything (which I'm sure I didn't) but I rarely do that with games anymore. THIS is old school Mario! Do you guys remember playing Super Mario Bros 1-World constantly? Over and over again no matter how many times you beat it? Yeah, I believe that's how this is going to be.

I will confirm that the fire flower, Mini Mushroom and Super Mushroom are the only "power ups" outside of the Super Star and the Blue Turtle Shell of course. The Blue Turtle shell is interesting, Mario wears it and he can slide around, ect, looks like how he looked in three when he was in the Hammer Bros. outfit.

The game wants you to get every "Star Coin" in the level, much like the Yoshi coins in Super Mario World. You should TRY To get all three as they are KEY in unlocking some of the secret levels, and "power up huts" like in SMB3. If you just breeze through every level without getting the secrets, or the coins chance's are you'll be able to beat the game in about 8-10 hours, but if you take your time (like your supposed to) and unlock all 80 levels, you'll be playing it for quite sometime.

Much like every Mario game before it, extra lives are....abundent, unless you really....really suck at all things Mario, it will be hard to get a "game over." Don't worry though, it doesn't make the game any easier because you WILL lose your lives....more so in World 2.

Lackey said:
I got the last copy at the Best Buy I went to at around 12:30pm... haven't played it yet.
Glad you cleared that up, because so many Best Buys are open at 12:30 A.M.:rolleyes:

anyway I traded in my DS.:( I will get a lite along with New Super Mario Bros and Tetris DS:up:

DS Lite will burn your eyes.

peach.jpg

I can't wait to get this game. I remember seeing video of on IGN when they premiered the DS back at E3 2004, and having high hopes. Now that those have been confirmed, I'm even more excited. I don't know if I'll be getting a DS Lite, though, as I'm fine with my current DS.

Nintendo is always on the ball. I'm sure the niche early teen demo will not be interested in going back to the old school, but screw them I tells ya.

VaderRISE said:
That's the one my wife has. Interesting fact: The red one is fatter then the other versions. I have no idea why though....

Mine isn't:confused:

Try to slip it in one of the Nintendo brand cases that comes with a screen cleaner. There are Metriod one's, Super Princess Peach one's, and Nintendog ones.

The red DS's have a harder time going in, they're a Tiiiiiiny bit fatter, nothing amazing, but very slightly.

Why would you need a case? It's a clampshell.

I picked up NSMB just a few min ago. I dont know if I should wait till my birthday next week or open it now. I really don't care about presents anymore on my bday and i may be getting my dog that day anyway.

Because it came with a screen clean cloth or whatever. That's the only reason I own one. :)

I got it yesterday and already "beat" it. I still need to access those two extra levels find the paths to some of the other stages. Overall, I think it is an okay game about an 8 out of 10 on my scale. I think that the games biggest problem was that it played up too much on nostalgia.

Instead of trying to create the TRUE successor to Super Mario World, they put Mario 1, 3 and SMW in a blender and came up with this game. Of course those three games are the best 2D platformers ever, but the best part about the Mario games was that you got something distinctly different everytime with the same core game. The new power-ups are pretty forgettable, but the wall jump is probably the best addition to this game.

One of the main differences between this game and the older Mario games is that you can't go through the levels quite as fast as they put a few traps and surprises down the line so you have to slow down and scroll the screen to make sure everything is alright. This is largely true for the castles and dungeons which are some of my favorite levels.

VaderRISE said:
Because it came with a screen clean cloth or whatever. That's the only reason I own one. :)

I just cut out a piece out of an old undershirt to make a screen cloth. I don't know where it went though:(

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"