Official New Avengers Discussion Thread!

Sebastos

le professionnel
Reaction score
Like the Mighy Avengers one, this thread is to discuss the New Avengers.

NA-28-INT-2.jpg

Spider-Man: He's still on the team because he wants to be, in honor of Cap.

Luke Cage: Became the new leader of the New Avengers.

Iron Fist: Best friend of Luke Cage, and is the one who finances the team. Stars in his own ongoing series The Immortal Iron Fist.

Echo: Formerly known as Ronin, and will still be apart of the New Avengers.

Spider-Woman: A double agent, Bendis said we'll know more of what really is going on with her soon. Her own ongoing will soon debut.

Wolverine: Was on the New Avengers before, and is still apart of the team.

Dr. Strange: Due to not taking part in Civil War, Dr. Strange makes up for his absence in the New Avengers.

Ronin: Someone new is under the mask. He/she joins the team to help Echo.

And with that, a preview for New Avengers #28, on sale tomorrow!!

http://www.popcultureshock.com/index.php?p=41127

Discuss.

i love yu's artwork and all but...what the hell is up with spider-woman's boobs?

I wanna know who is the new Ronin, is it Captain America or Hawkeye? I hope its Captain America.

I wish someone else had started this thread.

I wanna know who is the new Ronin, is it Captain America or Hawkeye? I hope its Captain America.

I thought I saw a thread somewhere about something happening to Captain America..:cwink:

Anybody else think the New Avengers are exactly what would happen if Japan made an Avengers manga, while Mighty Avengers is the class American style comic book?

I think that dichotomy is part of the reason why I love there being two Avengers books.

I wish The Punsher had started it. Hey! Maybe they should fight for it. :up:

Has anyone gotten it today, the new Avengers comic?
Do they reveal anything about Steve Rogers?
Or who Ronin is?

Yes they did,
When Ms.Marvel told Spider-Woman Captain America was alive and on the Raft. She went to the New Avengers to tell them and how they should rescue him. Dr.Strange in astral form went to the Raft to investigate believing to be a trap and found Captain America's body on a table. So the New Avengers storm the Raft only to find out the body was fake, and it was indeed a trap

Meh

That doesn't mean that Steve is indeed dead though. He could still be out there somewhere or still be dead.
Did they reveal anything about Ronin?

Maybe Ronin is Steve, but then why would they go to rscue him? Ronin is probably Hawkeye.

That doesn't mean that Steve is indeed dead though. He could still be out there somewhere or still be dead.
Did they reveal anything about Ronin?

Maybe Ronin is Steve, but then why would they go to rscue him? Ronin is probably Hawkeye.

Never said he was, just they answered the storyline part in the Initiative where Ms.Marvel said what she said and why she said it. Many took her comment as legit, but now it has been proven false so back to square one.

Nothing about Ronin, but pretty sure it was revealed in an interview it is Hawkeye awhile ago.

Yes they did,
When Ms.Marvel told Spider-Woman Captain America was alive and on the Raft. She went to the New Avengers to tell them and how they should rescue him. Dr.Strange in astral form went to the Raft to investigate believing to be a trap and found Captain America's body on a table. So the New Avengers storm the Raft only to find out the body was fake, and it was indeed a trap

Meh
Not suprising,
Joey Q already said that Ms. Marvel was bullsh**ing about that...

Artwork sucks, the story is Okay. I'll probably drop it if it doesn't pick up in a month or two.

Could Ronin be Patriot (Elijah Bradley) or Hawkeye (Kate Bishop) from the Young Avengers? Could be, they have the basic skills and they were on the same side of the CW, also a double agent on the side of NA would add an intresting storyline in this book.

Also to note:

In Civil War: Confessions a guilt stricken and crying Tony Stark confesses the Civil War wasn't worth it to the dead body of Captain America as he lies on a table

Also to note:

In Civil War: Confessions a guilt stricken and crying Tony Stark confesses the Civil War wasn't worth it to the dead body of Captain America as he lies on a table
Yeah, yeah, Tony's still a bas****...

Tony's sick. I cannot believe they would defile the recent events of Cap's death by planting a fake body to lure in those who clearly truly respected him.

Though how could Strange not tell? It was only two issues ago that he proved to himself (and Clint) that Clint was real and alive. He can do some seriously impressive stuff when in his astral form, but apparently he cant sense someone's essence, or soul, or astral being still with their body or their mental resonance etc etc.

Tony's sick. I cannot believe they would defile the recent events of Cap's death by planting a fake body to lure in those who clearly truly respected him.

Though how could Strange not tell? It was only two issues ago that he proved to himself (and Clint) that Clint was real and alive. He can do some seriously impressive stuff when in his astral form, but apparently he cant sense someone's essence, or soul, or astral being still with their body or their mental resonance etc etc.

I think Strange's emotions took over when he saw the figure on the table. He was so excited to see what he thought was Cap, he didn't bother to examine him. Human mistake.

Could Ronin be Patriot (Elijah Bradley) or Hawkeye (Kate Bishop) from the Young Avengers? Could be, they have the basic skills and they were on the same side of the CW, also a double agent on the side of NA would add an intresting storyline in this book.

All of the Young Avengers took the amnesty offered once the Civil War ended.

I think it's Hawkeye. There had to be a reason why issue 26 focused on him other than lets see a poorly written Hawkeye story.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"