Official New Avengers Discussion Thread!

Well, no one save X-Force, Cyclops, and I believe Emma Frost know that X-Force even exists. It's the dark little secret of the X-Men world. Though Nightcrawler just caught on in the first issue of Second Coming and seems pretty pissed,

The Stepford Cuckoos know.

So then any underdogs in war, ever, shouldve just laid down and died.
The Alamo?
Thermopoly?
The rebels in Star Wars?
goddam Rambo???

How is fighting for the survival of your people not heroic?
Avengers and their superiority complex, getting your powers in a freak accident doesn't make you better!! lol...jkjk, but seriously...

I find that funny that you bring Rambo up when in First Blood he was definitely fighting for survival and only killed one guy, and even that was an accident. He wasn't at war, literally, but it was war to him. That's almost a good point against your argument since Rambo's position in that film is closer to the X-Men than any of the others you listed. Of course, you probably meant the sequels, but those suck and don't matter

Last edited:
Its not something to be ashamed of. First Blood was ok, the rest are awful. I'm jealous because I can never say, "I have never seen a Rambo movie".

I figured I'd seen all of the Rockys and that was enough Stallone for me.

Back to topic...Rambo style action doesn't belong in the Avengers. They need to fight villains that can't be stopped by a bullet to the brain, or a sword to the gut. One of my favorite moments was Conner Hawk stopping the Key in JLA..."ridiculous"

I agree. Even if their enemies could be stopped by a bullet to the brain, the Avengers shouldn't be about heroes who'd resort to stopping them that way. It'd be like Superman punching holes in people's faces. The fact that they could indulge in lethal force but don't is part of what defines them as a cut above other heroes.

An airplane full of superheroes falling out of the sky is the epitome of excitement and you know it.

I'd actually prefer a boat full of superheroes sinking.

I've actually never seen a whole Rambo film.

*Runs away*

:ninja:

Not to re-drive this off topic, but I would recommend First Blood. It's actually a good movie, and has very little 'blow up and kill everything that moves' action that plagued the sequels. I only watched it very recently and was surprised how good of a 'man out of place' kind of movie it is.

Anyway, sorry, let's now return to the New Avengers programming.

I agree. Even if their enemies could be stopped by a bullet to the brain, the Avengers shouldn't be about heroes who'd resort to stopping them that way. It'd be like Superman punching holes in people's faces. The fact that they could indulge in lethal force but don't is part of what defines them as a cut above other heroes.

Which is why Wolverine being an Avenger never worked for me. Especially since he was recruited specifically because he was willing to kill. :doh:

As long as you forget Live Free or Die Hard (hard to call it anything other than Die Hard 4)

All of the Die Hards are amazing. See them all.

didn't like Live Free. at ALL. the first three are major ass-kicking movies though.

How many Die Hards were out when this spoof was made?
It looks like Ben only saw Die Hard 1... Maybe Die Hard 2.

New Avengers #64 Preview

2cdtyk7.jpg

1492rdt.jpg

New Avengers #64
Written by: Brian Bendis
Art by: Mike McKone
Price: $3.99
Release Date: April 28, 2010

SIEGE BLOCKBUSTER TIE-IN!!

The staggering conclusion to the SIEGE arc delves into the Hood's secret relationship with Norman Osborn and how it will affect the stunning outcome.

Plus the fate of the one they call Mockingbird! What you don't see in SIEGE, you will see here!!

- Marvel

Can I just say that Hood better not pop up ONCE in the Heroic Age? I'm so tired of him.

Can I just say that Hood better not pop up ONCE in the Heroic Age? I'm so tired of him.

I will track Bendis down and slap him in the face if he pops up in anything post Siege. Really, I will.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"