Comics (New) X-Men 188 Preview Art...

LittleMissVixen

Sidekick
Reaction score
xmen188006col.jpg

I guess I've been out of the loop. Has ROgue stock piled a bunch of new powers. The newest power I have known about was the fire blasts.

I am looking forward to Rogue for the first time in years.

Powered up....Gambit Free and leading her squad.

Niiice. I didn't read those issues, but is Rogue going back to being able to recall past powers she's absorbed? I still long for the days of Ms. Marveled Rogue. Biggest thing was getting rid of those fire powers though...I'd rather see Rogue able to "remember" all the stuff she's absorbed in the past than become known as a generic fire generating mutant. Those powers don't fit her.

Oh man...I am so ready for this. I've been ready since Golgotha...I've been waiting...I hope I'm not let down.

Well, the art there isn't so bad as was the cover.

I suppose I might give it a flip-through when the issue comes out and see whether or not I can deal with Bachalo's handywork.

Yes!I've been hoping she'd be able to regain her past powers again.:)

Looks like she has some kind of skin that reflects energy back, like Nimrod sorta.

this looks really interesting!

i wonder what rogue will be able to do

Exploding Boy said:
Looks like she has some kind of skin that reflects energy back, like Nimrod sorta.

No,she just iced up.

I wish they would quit ****ing with her powers. What? Another new one?

See, I thought she was Emma'd up.

Maybe she's Silver Surfer'd up.

Naaah, that would require the X-Verse to actually exist in the same universe as the rest of the 616.

Cyclops said:
Naaah, that would require the X-Verse to actually exist in the same universe as the rest of the 616.
Only Wolverine is allowed to do that. [insert "Wolverine in every comic" rant here]

hmmmmmmmmmmm...

...i wonder if this preview is a spoiler for astonishing X-Men.

I thought she was using Emma's powers in that panel too. Has she ever absorbed Emma while Emma had her diamond powers? Whatever she's doing, it looks like she's reflecting back all the energy that those dudes shot at her...only thing is it looked like electricity when they shot her and it's coming off as red lasers when she reflects it back...?

usagicassidy said:
its the line in the latest Astonishing.. "I wonder, if it got out of control, would it only come out of my eyes" ..seems to be a bit of forshadowing.
If Cyc really has gained complete control of his beams.. and they dont need to just come out of his eyes, it is plausable that his powers would appear in the same way those beams are shown here.

I still think it's odd that Bachalo has her in an outfit that's basically the same as what he designed for her in last year's AOA 6-issue limited series, but whatever.

If Rogue really is going to be able to recall powers at will she is SO totally going to kick ass. I've borderline hated her character over the past year and this would definitely bring her back into my good graces. It looks like she's using several powers at once too which would pretty much make the new super-powered bada$$ on the team.

Of course then she would be slated to go evil in the grand Marvel tradition of female characters who get too powerful...

Bachalo's art there doesn't look as bad as it has recently so who knows, maybe I'll like this after all.

yeah, looks to me like she's in diamond form, and using her hand like a prism to shoot cyclops's blasts through.. i think if she was in ice form she'd have blown her hand off with that trick.. but also, if they are cyclops's powers, it looks like she can control them, so i can see how this might be a spoiler for astonishing too..

SMroxs said:
I still think it's odd that Bachalo has her in an outfit that's basically the same as what he designed for her in last year's AOA 6-issue limited series, but whatever.

Well, it stands to reason that she'd have the same taste in clothes whether Xavier was alive or not :)

canned_raccoon said:
yeah, looks to me like she's in diamond form, and using her hand like a prism to shoot cyclops's blasts through...

Yeah, that's exactly what it looks like, and that is AWESOME! Very inventive way of using the powers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"