Comics First Look at new team designs for upcoming adjectiveless X-men team

Specter313

Ghost of all things X
Reaction score
XMEN188COVER1_400.jpg

X-MEN #188 & #189
Written by Mike Carey
Pencils & Wraparound Cover by Chris Bachalo
Mike Carey (Ultimate Fantastic Four) and Chris Bachalo (Uncanny X-Men) take over the X-Men, or at least what’s left of them! As old threats are still having their effects, new, more deadly threats emerge from the unlikeliest of places. Threats that spell doom for the X-Men. Plus, what could possibly strike terror into the heart of…Sabretooth!? And who are The Children? This is the book you’ve been waiting for! A perfect starting point for any new reader!
32 PGS. (each)/Rated A …$2.99 (each)

Okay. That picture is just really confusing. -can only make Rogue, Mystique, and Sabes-

Yeah. now I see what people mean when they say his work is confusing (along with the curent stuff in Uncanny, death commandos)

But Iceman, (middle) Cable, (bottom middle) Cannonball, (top to the left, in current uncanny cotume) Northstar and Aurora (infront of and behind Iceman) are all clearly visible to me aswell as the 3 already listed.

No clue who/what the heck all the rest are.

I dunno if the blonde might be Magma.

There's way too many contrasting positions, saome going to the left, some to the right, some facing forward.

I mean, is Northstar attacking Iceman?!

Could pass off as an Ultimate title as this point in appearence, but then again I'm all for bringing back Iceman.

JustABill said:
Okay. That picture is just really confusing. -can only make Rogue, Mystique, and Sabes-

I know. I really hate Bachalo's art.

NocturnalMadman said:
What do you mean, "bringing him back"....he hasn't gone anywhere!

He lost his mutantion in House of M or at least had it wiped clean thanks to Scarlet Witch and her alteration of Earth 616.

You'll have to excuse me, I'm slightly behind. How is that Iceman is back to normal?

Added solicitation info. Those unknown ones must be these "children" characters.

TwilightPro101 said:
He lost his mutantion in House of M or at least had it wiped clean thanks to Scarlet Witch and her alteration of Earth 616.

I guess you havnt been readng X-Men then, since it turned out he didnt lose his powers at all, he was just "so scared of losing them that his brain shut them off subconsciously". Or some such nonsense.

Anyway, Emma re-triggered them and he couldnt control it properly so he looks all spiky and stuff.

Basically it was just cheap way to allow him to return to human form again and not be permanently ice.

But I'm glad anyway!

Also, I think this team is lacking an energy user/projectile character.

For those wondering where Larocca will be going once he leaves this title, Quesada revealed that he will be working on the New Universe retake with Warren Ellis.

Sooo wait, are these ''Children" joining the X-Men? Cause if that blue chick is Magma. I'll scream, that costume is so not Magma.

JustABill said:
Sooo wait, are these ''Children" joining the X-Men? Cause if that blue chick is Magma. I'll scream, that costume is so not Magma.

You mean the blue chick behind Sabes? Dude, that's Mystique! :p

And I think these "Children" appear to be more bad guys than good guys, but with Bachalo's crappy confuddled art, you'd never know.

It really does look like Northstar is attacking Iceman. >.> And it looks like the Toothy One could be attacking Aurora. And look! It's a mechanical pig-thing next to Mystique!
And why does Rogue suddenly develop a huge amount of white-haired bangs when Bachalo draws her? That IS Rogue, right?
And who's the blonde with the big cleavage next to Cable?

You know... When this new creative team takes over, I'll give the first issue a look, on the basis that Carey can write a good story... but Bachalo... guh. I really hate insulting artists, because lord knows I can't draw a single thing, but I so hate Bachalo's art.

And I still hold a grudge against him for having drawn the AoA anniversary stuff.

I'm talking about the blonde in the blue outfit with the gigantic jugs, Spec. Not Mystique. I'm dumb, but not that damn dumb. Geez. :p

NocturnalMadman said:
Also, I think this team is lacking an energy user/projectile character.

The team has no shortage of projectile characters. Cable and Mystique shoot things. They do a good job of it, too. And... well, Cannonball's kind of a projectile himself.

And Iceman/Rogue... I dunno. Do ice/fire (respectively) count as energy manipulation or... what, elemental manipulation?

God, Rogue should just loose Sunfire's powers already. They just seem so out of place with her.

Wow, I almost didn't spot Rogue. And Iceman seems to disappear into Aurora's light.

Someone needs to tell Bachalo that his art doesn't have to be so damn busy.

Wow, Bachalo draws an action scene and I can actually kinda...sorta...make out whats going on!

Manic said:
Wow, I almost didn't spot Rogue. And Iceman seems to disappear into Aurora's light.

Someone needs to tell Bachalo that his art doesn't have to be so damn busy.

I still can't spot Rogue where is she?
It does look like some of these folks are fighting each other mayb they're not all on the x team. Wouldn't it be cool if the blond were Emma?

Mayb she's killed Selene had an identity crisis is now the new black Queen and she's {finally!} gotten as far away from Cyclops as possible.....

anyway who's the young looking chick in the translucent outfit? The one next to her unfortunately looks like Sage she would add nothing (but maybe some sense) to this team & could be better used somewhere else...

As for Buchalo I don't know what the heck is going on in his stuff but there have been even worse artitists on the xtitles for the past 2 years that look like complete chicken scratch! I'll take him any day over these books that look like vomit...:up:

When I first saw Aurora I thought it was Psylocke, until I looked at her outift and saw realized who it was. The guy to the left of Sam looks like AoA Sunfire.

Exploding Boy said:
When I first saw Aurora I thought it was Psylocke, until I looked at her outift and saw realized who it was. The guy to the left of Sam looks like AoA Sunfire.
I thought that was Ghost Rider.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"