The Wolverine News & Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lauren Shuler Donner and Jackman didn't even want to do the first Wolverine film. :p They wanted to tackle the Japan saga (aka The Wolverine) first. Rothman "insisted" they push that off and do an origin story.

Yeah I saw that in the DVD. FOX wants to have an origin film first before the Japan storyline.

Former 3LW singer Naturi Naughton has been cast as Cecilia Reyes, a former X-men and doctor, in the Wolverine sequel.

The budding actress has come a long way since leaving 3 Little Women, playing Lil' Kim in the movie Notorious, as well as many guest spots, including a role on the Emmy-winning TV show Mad Men. This fall she'll play Brenda on NBC's The Playboy Club.

Screenrant says that she is only rumored:

http://screenrant.com/wolverine-2-celia-reyes-charlie-kaufman-kevin-james-sandy-127178/

I don't think thats true.

But Cecilia Reyes would be cool! But I'm not sure what her powers is.

the fact you don't know who she is makes me wonder why you would think she is cool?

She came around the same time as Maggot. She can make a force field like Sue Storm and can extend it outward in various shapes.

she's useless and pointless especially in regards to Wolverine.

It's not true. Come on guys.

And if it were (which its not) she wouldn't be played by Naturi. Not in a million years.

the fact you don't know who she is makes me wonder why you would think she is cool?

She came around the same time as Maggot.
She can make a force field like Sue Storm and can extend it outward in various shapes.

I know that, I just wasn't sure about her powers.

It needs to open in the Summer. The opening weekend numbers alone are worth delaying it to 2013, not to mention it could use more time in post production. I'm confident that if it gets the May 31st, 2013 spot, it'll do at least $80 Million opening weekend. Iron Man will already be a month in & I can see Jackman's star-power keeping the film at #1 on week 2 - defeating Ryan Reynolds' Turbo. Week 3 will be a big drop with Man of Steel, but by then it should be at $160+ Million. They need to claim that spot soon or Paramount's gonna end up giving it to Star Trek.

Filming dates (the date should be Mar 29, 2012, not 2011):

http://www.teamsters155.org/WebDocuments/rptProdACtiveList.pdf

WOLVERINE- THE
Feature
Film
TCF VANCOUVER PRODUCTIONS LTD. for F
Contract: 2009-2012 MAST AGREE.
Co-ordinator: ROB VREUDGE
Captain 1: UNASSIGNED
Schedule: Nov 17, 2011 to Mar 29, 2011
CANADIAN MOTION PICTURE PARK

8035 GLENWOOD DRIVE
BURNABY, BC V3N 5C8
604-639-1850 FAX:

I agree that this is more of a summer film than a winter one. Can't imagine it being any other way.... :(

The X-Men franchise should try a new month like July or November. May and June are just not that great IMO, the X-movies always had a big drop during the 2nd weekend.

The X-Men franchise should try a new month like July or November. May and June are just not that great IMO, the X-movies always had a big drop during the 2nd weekend.

The first one was released in July.

This is from the Vancouver Sun, a bit of difference on filming dates. Not sure yet if I believe that cast list.

http://www.vancouversun.com/news/Hugh+Jackman+heads+Vancouver+film+Wolverine/5269632/story.html

Hugh Jackman heads for Vancouver to film Wolverin
By Katya Holloway, Vancouver Sun

It also stars Kelly Hu, Ken Watanabe and Naturi Naughton.

VANCOUVER -- Hugh Jackman and the cast of Wolverine 2 will be heading to Vancouver in November to round up a star-studded year of Hollywood blockbusters filmed here in B.C.​

Filming of the action flick is set to take place Nov. 11 to March 1, 2012 at Canadian Motion Picture Park in Burnaby, where scenes from Twilight, Supernatural and Fantastic Four were filmed.

The movie's description on IMDB reads: "Wolverine travels to Japan to train with a samurai warrior."

Last edited:
I hope the part about Ken Watanabe is right. He's a fave of mine. :)

Apparently that news source just got their casting news from IMDB, because it's the same exact cast that's listed there.

Hugh starts promotion for Real Steel soon, so I'm sure we'll get a lot more Wolverine info.

Are they filming in Japan at all?
Hugh said just a few weeks ago that filming would start in mid-October - I can't remember if he mentioned "in Japan" or not but it would be on one of the YouTube videos when he was at Comic-Con promoting Real Steel. Either "mid-October" would be the Japan part and then segue into Vancouver in November, or the whole thing is in Vancouver starting in November and the date was pushed. I'm sure it will be mentioned somewhere along the line when he starts promoting Real Steel soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"