Next Batman Villain?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r1kMdflwShk
My fan made trailer for the upcoming Batman reboot, which, being based on Frank Miller's 'Batman: Year One', has Carmine Falcone and Catwoman as the main antagonists
The idea of the reboot is to drive it far far away from Batman Begins and Nolans trilogy in general. Year One especially since it had such a big influence.

I would REALLY love to see something like Return of the Dark Knight pt 1 be the starting point of the new Batman series. I think using the Mutants would be a way of giving these next era of villains "powers" that the old series couldn't ... personally would like to see something that ties Superman into it using the meteor shower when Clark first arrives as a new beginning of "Super Villians" via kryptonite

Lately, I've really been fascinated with Hugo Strange's obsession with Batman leading to his own twisted version of Batman Begins.

The idea of the reboot is to drive it far far away from Batman Begins and Nolans trilogy in general. Year One especially since it had such a big influence.

To be fair, Falcone was barely explored, and we never got our Catwoman chase. :csad:

Wouldn't want another origin rehash though. Begins did it right.

Dr. Hugo Strange or Dr. Thomas Elliot a.k.a. HUSH :D tag line for either of them "The Doctor is IN!" lol

I'd like to see Two-Face again, done psychologically right.

First thing. Harvey suffered from a dissociation disorder. When he was abused by his father as a kid, Harvey shut himself off in a state of dissociation. He cut himself off from reality. So in that state, Harvey would have said
"Don't hurt him" to his father.

That was how he coped with the trauma.

So in great deals off stress, Harvey would revert to another reality in his mind to protect himself.
But what would go through his unconscious mind during his episode and conscious mind when the abuse and stress was over?

Hate? Anger?

So what is Two-Face? A split personality? No.
It is Harvey. Harvey merging with the thoughts and feelings he had in his numerous episodes.

Harvey's subconscious self merging with his conscious self. That coupled with his dissociation disorder. This has created new domiant personality traits to the already existing placid personality of Harvey. In his mind, Evil is stronger than good. Crime is greater than law and order. But like his personality, he realises that the two will remain in competition and neither will truly win over the other. This is because subconsciously, Harvey doesn't want to fully give in to his evil nature. That's the prime reason he has the coin.

The trauma of the accident has exposed Harvey to his subconscious thoughts and feelings, where he felt, deep down, was where evil lay domant.

So under the beliefs and stress of his accident, what it revealed to him, while triggering and couplimg with DID, Harvey became a new and fully aware personality, under the belief and effects of psychosis, that he was now 2 people.

That's why he refers to himself as we. Not me or him, but us.

But why become a criminal? Because he was mixed both with good and evil. However. While Harvey was formally good and worked for the forces of good, he as Two-Face was now exposed to his evil and corrupt nature. So therfore, he knew there was no place for a man like him in the forces of good.

But do I want to see him be a criminal and rob banks with 2 in the name?
No.

What I think makes the most sense is for Two-Face to wake up each morning and flip the coin to decide whether he will be a vigilante, killing criminals in the name of justice or committing crimes in the name of evil.

Even within being an anti-hero and killing evil in the name of justice is still a crime to law and order.

So sort of merging of Nolan's characterization with the comics.

Last edited:
@Rodrigo90 I couldn't have said it better man.

The riddler is a good villain, especially for the Nolan batman since it is grounded in reality. The riddler should be clearly smarter than batman...but his one weakness is that he is also insane. the riddler shouldn't be called the riddler during the movie though...except perhaps by the media.

there absolutely shouldn't be a reboot. if i have to see the origin again i'll scream.

I would like a "Year One" to begin a series. Not like Batman Begins though, it would spend much lesser time on his past and training. So, they would need a mob boss villain. I vote Penguin in place of Carmine Falcone. They can use Deadshot as a hired assassin. So that would ensure lots of action. I would also like "Batman: Prey" incorporated in the second half. So, ultimately, Hugo Strange would become the main antagonist. And yes, Deadshot is hired by him, not the Penguin.

there absolutely shouldn't be a reboot. if i have to see the origin again i'll scream.

A reboot is necessary for a new series. But as I said before, too much time need not be spent on the origin and training. It could all be explained in 5 mins through flashback sequences. But we must see his debut, his first night out as the caped crusader.

I really want to see a Mr. Freeze film.

That final moment of him in Batman Beyond is what sold me on his potential.

- Jow

All you have to do is say Freeze won't be like that **** from B&R,

13z4ynq.jpg

:csad:

I'd like to see a more serious interpretation of the Riddler. Not Nolan-serious, but something done like in the Arkham games.

Haha.. how was putting people in traps for Batman to save like Saw? Oh, the smiley, you are joking, right?.. :o

There are no similarities between Jigsaw and his traps and Riddler with his traps whatsoever. ..lawyers on both sides claim :hehe:

Incidentally, mentioning SAW, I actually think Tobin Bell would make the perfect Mr. Freeze.

- Jow

I think Bell as Fries would just be perfect storm. He's not so mainstream that he'd overshadow whoever plays Batman - especially because SAW has been off the radar for a little while now.

And on top of that - we know he can play villainous quite well - but there's still a tinge of vulnerability in his performances that you can empathize with him. Something about his eyes really can sell both intense fear and loneliness.

I speak not only from his SAW performances, too. When he was the villain on 24 he did a much better job playing someone with no sympathy.

I think if you take a good chunk of BTAS influence as inspiration there's definitely a fully character arc for him. You'd have to draw all the way thru to Batman Beyond tho, where he finally cures Nora and saves her - only to be rejected by the monster that he's become in doing it.

And I hate when people do this - so I won't fully jump on the bus - they don't have to have the exact same line as "Believe me.... you're the only one who cares." before he commits suicide and Batman tries to save him. But there's definitely needs to be a similar moment of that tragedy that is his fate.

I just love every aspect of it and if someone could pull off the same sadness I got from watching a cartoon - man.... that's a heavy hitter IMO.

- Jow

After seeing the long but nicely done fan made trailer Resident Evil Batman on youtube I still hope for Mad Hatter.

Daniel Day Lewis as already mentioned seems ideal for MH. Andy Serkis?

I know MH may seem less of a threat when on solo missions but he is a classic character with some good stories from the past.

Maybe Black Mask & Mad Hatter or Penguin for next film but with individual plot?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"