Next Batman Villain?

I voted for Poison Ivy too. She's a completely different breed of villain from what we've had in Nolan's trilogy, and the whole plant thing can either be played as very straight and using chemicals derived from plants to manipulate people/kill them, and she would be a fantastic femme fatale for my dream noir Batman film.

I cant get enough of Joker, I wont lie. If he's announced for the first, he better be with Harley Quinn. But I do think it's best they reference him in the first and bring him into one of the sequels. Have him in Arkham from the start and then put the focus on other villains.

I think it would be perfect for WB to save Joker until after the first and second movies. Just have references of him in the first two, then have him as the villain in the third along with Harley Quinn.

Yeah, I think it would be neat to do something similar to Loki with the Joker. Have him as a background character in the first movie, then have him come to the forefront in the second movie (third is too long to wait).

Clayface or Mr. Freeze.

Sets a more sci-fi tone for the reboot.

Penguin is my new choice.

Ive never been much of a Riddler fan but I think he needs to be in this new universe. So I say use him in a cameo, small role, or if they do an eventual Arkham Asylum they can have Riddler be the one who locks Batman inside, where he has to encounter plenty of rogues he put in there such as Joker, Two-Face, Poison Ivy, Mad Hatter, Scarecrow, Calendar Man and Killer Croc. Riddler could be the "main" villain but he doesn't have to have the largest amount of screentime.

I think a sequel would be cool if they had Freeze as the sole villain, set in the winter of course. And do Dick Grayson's origin with him only becoming Robin at the very end. But keep it as a Batman vs Freeze film.

Black Mask or Penguin should be the first villain in the new series; start out small by having Batman fight the mob.

Well I guess it won't be starting out small after World's Finest

The Riddler... But there are a plethora of villains that I want to see. I won't really be upset with any choices, to be honest.

Riddler or Penguin should be next of the big name rogues. In 2015 when the next iteration of Batman begins in Superman/Batman it will have been 20 years since Batman Forever and 23 years since Batman Returns (not that I think either of them should be a villain in Superman/Batman). Both of them weren't used in Nolan's trilogy and there's a lot you could do with either of them. With Penguin you could do a more comic accurate interpretation and avoid comparison to Returns all together and there's plenty of room to do a more serious take on Riddler that contrasts Carrey's crazy whacky take.

Black Mask and Penguin.

These 2 vying for control of Gothams underworld.

My idea was having Penguin as this big-name crime boss who has the Riddler on his payroll because of how brilliant he is, only for the Riddler to later wise up and turn on him.

Riddler or Penguin should be next of the big name rogues. In 2015 when the next iteration of Batman begins in Superman/Batman it will have been 20 years since Batman Forever and 23 years since Batman Returns (not that I think either of them should be a villain in Superman/Batman). Both of them weren't used in Nolan's trilogy and there's a lot you could do with either of them. With Penguin you could do a more comic accurate interpretation and avoid comparison to Returns all together and there's plenty of room to do a more serious take on Riddler that contrasts Carrey's crazy whacky take.
Yup. Carrey did an even more over the top homage to Frank Gorshin's Riddler. To the point where it started feeling either Joker-ish at times or simply Jim Carrey doing well...Jim Carrey in a Riddler costume. Even his Edward Nygma (pre-riddler) phase with his hair all over the place, creating that mind control device...it almost felt closer to Mad Hatter.

This time Nygma/Nashton should be a lot calmer and serious than the general audience know him to be. Don't get tooooo flashy with the green and question marks, but enough to get the point across. Marketing is a different story with those things though. He should be obsessive but organized, clean cut. No teaming up with other villains, much more serious while still having charisma. An actual suit and tie with the green. High intellect obviously. And I dont think he needs goons. That's the Riddler we know and how he needs to be portrayed in the reboot.

My problem is, Riddler highlights Batman's detective skills and intellect....but the story may feel like a "been there, done that" type of situation. It's been done in so many crime stories/tv shows/movies. Hell even TDK tapped into that stuff with the Joker. He'd be better off as a supporting villain or as the guy who lures Bats into Arkham Asylum instead of Joker.

This is why im going with Penguin. Either Riddler or Black Mask can be supporting villains.

I like Sionis and Nygma but I don't love them like I do with Cobblepot. There's so much potential with him as the main villain. I can go on and on about his psychology, parallels with Bruce Wayne, ability to make you feel empathy toward him then next minute you HATE him & find him despicable. We've never seen the proper Penguin in live-action. THIS guy should have goons and he connects to other freaks/mobsters well.

I'm surprised the tone of this discussion hasn't shifted now that we know the next Batman film is also going to be a Superman/World's Finest film.

I said this in another thread, but if they're going to use a Batman villain in the WF movie - which I think they should and probably will - said villain should be a character who can serve as a catalyst for Bruce and Clark initially being at each others' throats, and the only villains who really fit that bill are Joker, Riddler, Mad Hatter, and Scarecrow, and, of them, Joker is my personal pick.

joker should stay in gotham, not be teaming up with anybody or potentially playing second fiddle if Lex is the bigger actor with the bigger story.

So I vote no Batman villains.

^ You need a reason for Bruce to be involved in the story, and using a villain from his rogues gallery - especially one who can serve as a catalyst for him and Clark initially being at odds and later working together - is a simple yet effective way to provide said reason.

It's unnecessary. There's enough there with Lex and Superman for Bruce to have a reason to step outside of Gotham. There's no reason for a Batman villain to be in Metropolis or form an alliance with Lex. Use your imagination via Batman/Superman/Lex Luthor and we can come up with many reasons as to why Batman is there.

^ I disagree. Without Kryptonite or the existence of technology that would allow him to pose a significant threat to not only Clark but to the entire world, Lex is someone Clark could handle on his own, making Batman's involvement pointless.

i always wanted a Riddler who is a CIA or FBI operative gone rogue due to his obsession with finding out who the Batman is, while the city of gotham don't care who is under the mask, just as long as he keeps the city safe, with a world that contains Superman, they take him as someone doing some good, so Edward Nigma comes in and wants to know the man under the mask, what makes him tick, sort of like an evil sherlock holmes / criminal profiler who just finds the batman so interesting, getting lost in his research, making it a riddle forming himself to then puzzle the puzzle. torment the batman with riddles, seeing what makes him itch.
using the Riddler could also bring the world's greatest detective to the big screen, something the last 7 films missed/grazed over on.

I like Sionis and Nygma but I don't love them like I do with Cobblepot. There's so much potential with him as the main villain. I can go on and on about his psychology, parallels with Bruce Wayne, ability to make you feel empathy toward him then next minute you HATE him & find him despicable. We've never seen the proper Penguin in live-action. THIS guy should have goons and he connects to other freaks/mobsters well.

I'd actually be pretty down for the first new solo Batman flick having Penguin as the main villain and Black Mask as a secondary villain. I really feel like Riddler should be the lead villain in a movie and not play second fiddle or even really team up with somebody. I'd take a second, side villain like how Two-Face was in TDK but I wouldn't really want him teamed with another villain, it'd be too Batman Forever for me.

I want to see Joker again at some point but with Harley Quinn to shake things up. I'd also dig a good strong Mr. Freeze tale at some juncture.

Before the most recent news, I was willing to bet on Freeze.

Now... I think he'll be fighting Supes' villains.

i always wanted a Riddler who is a CIA or FBI operative gone rogue due to his obsession with finding out who the Batman is, while the city of gotham don't care who is under the mask, just as long as he keeps the city safe, with a world that contains Superman, they take him as someone doing some good, so Edward Nigma comes in and wants to know the man under the mask, what makes him tick, sort of like an evil sherlock holmes / criminal profiler who just finds the batman so interesting, getting lost in his research, making it a riddle forming himself to then puzzle the puzzle. torment the batman with riddles, seeing what makes him itch.
using the Riddler could also bring the world's greatest detective to the big screen, something the last 7 films missed/grazed over on.

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m42hepbAbC1qde3f2o1_500.gif

I still want Freeze. :ninja:

But I'd love The Riddler too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back