NFL Offseason & Waiting for the Swifties Return Thread

InCali

My Buddy - Max the Dog
Reaction score
So, even though the playoffs haven't started, over half of the team's season is over. They are now thinking about the draft and what they are going to do with their players and coaching staffs.

I just saw a scenario where Jayden Daniels could drop to the Falcons. If the Pats were to move to #1 and the Bears to #3, the Bears would clearly pass at QB. After that you have the Cards, Chargers, Giants, and Titans before Atlanta picks. I think it's clear that the Cards and Chargers won't go QB and the Giants and Titans might not either.

There are all kinds of interesting draft scenarios for a lot of non-playoffs teams out there. Those draft positions are now set in stone.

So, even though the playoffs haven't started, over half of the team's season is over. They are now thinking about the draft and what they are going to do with their players and coaching staffs.

I just saw a scenario where Jayden Daniels could drop to the Falcons. If the Pats were to move to #1 and the Bears to #3, the Bears would clearly pass at QB. After that you have the Cards, Chargers, Giants, and Titans before Atlanta picks. I think it's clear that the Cards and Chargers won't go QB and the Giants and Titans might not either.

There are all kinds of interesting draft scenarios for a lot of non-playoffs teams out there. Those draft positions are now set in stone.
Would be interesting if the Bears trade down twice from their #1 pick (#1 to #3, then #3 to #8)

Would be interesting if the Bears trade down twice from their #1 pick (#1 to #3, then #3 to #8)
I've been thinking about it (I've been vacillating forever) and, at this time, I think I'd just go Williams at #1, Odunze or Nabers at #9 (whoever is left), trade Fields to the Raiders or Falcons for their 2nd pick and maybe some change, pick up some O line help inside (probably a center, but that might be a little high for the position) or a CB in round 2, make sure I sign Jaylon Johnson, and go after a top notch edge in free agency. They have the cap space to do it. The main reason I go with Williams is that you get a reset on your cap space and have 4 years to really build something.....or do some major damage in the playoffs.

That could be a formidable team.

If you stick with Fields and can trade down to #3, I'm taking Marvin Harrison before AZ does. If you get NE's 1st and 2nd this year and a #1 next year (not a super high price tag), you could put yourself in the same position you did with Carolina. NE may very well be a bad team next year, even with Maye at QB, and who knows what that pick looks like in 2025. In this scenario, I could see the Bears being a playoff team if things fall right in the draft and FA. This way, you get Harrison (who is likely the best player in the draft) to pair with DJ Moore and Fields, a higher 2nd round pick and a shot at a high draft pick in 2025. The main drawback is that Fields is going to get a lot of money very soon.

This is why I keep wavering..... :funny:

Dude is gonna be a problem......CBs beware.....

Hey, so here's a fun question.....all these coaches are getting fired. What are the safest coaching jobs in the league?

Off the top of my head....in no particular order

Tomlinson - Steelers
Harbaugh - Ravens
McVay - Rams
Payton - Denver (we'll see for how long)
Shanahan - 49ers
Reid - Chiefs
Prolly......McDaniel - Dolphins

Jim Harbaugh has a meeting with the Chargers sometime in the next week.

Interesting, but that job is looking worse and worse to me. Cap and age issues.....

Yeah they're like 30 million under the cap right now.

I think Harbaugh would be better suited in a place like Washington. Early draft pick, 80+ million in cap space and the Eagles and Cowboys look to be imploding.

As for Belechick, I think Dallas is probably a big option for him if McCarthy is shown the door. There's rumors that he's in play for them.

Yeah they're like 30 million under the cap right now.

I think Harbaugh would be better suited in a place like Washington. Early draft pick, 80+ million in cap space and the Eagles and Cowboys look to be imploding.

As for Belechick, I think Dallas is probably a big option for him if McCarthy is shown the door. There's rumors that he's in play for them.
Yeah. The more I think about it, the more I think the Falcons and Commanders are the best landing spots.

It's starting to look like Fields will be available and I think the Bears would jump at the chance to get a high 2nd for him from Atlanta and maybe some later round change.

I still think Ridder has a chance to be a good NFL QB, but he clearly needs some schooling. The Falcons have about 37M in cap space.

The Chargers are projected to be about 45M OVER the cap. Ughhhhhh......

The Commanders are going to get Drake Maye and I expect him to be very, very good. With all that cap space (I think it's about 88M), they can do some damage in both the draft and FA. They could get good quick. I think Harbaugh would be a good fit there....or Atlanta. The Commanders have the #2 pick in the draft, 2 early picks in the 2nd round ( 36 and 40), a high 3rd round pick (67), a 3rd round compensatory (100), and a high 4th (103).

Yeah. The more I think about it, the more I think the Falcons and Commanders are the best landing spots.

It's starting to look like Fields will be available and I think the Bears would jump at the chance to get a high 2nd for him from Atlanta and maybe some later round change.

I still think Ridder has a chance to be a good NFL QB, but he clearly needs some schooling. The Falcons have about 37M in cap space.

The Chargers are projected to be about 45M OVER the cap. Ughhhhhh......

The Commanders are going to get Drake Maye and I expect him to be very, very good. With all that cap space (I think it's about 88M), they can do some damage in both the draft and FA. They could get good quick. I think Harbaugh would be a good fit there....or Atlanta. The Commanders have the #2 pick in the draft, 2 early picks in the 2nd round ( 36 and 40), a high 3rd round pick (67), a 3rd round compensatory (100), and a high 4th (103).

Yeah the more I read about the Bears draft the more I think Fields is done and Williams is in. Of course a ton of things can change in the coming months, but I don't think the Bears should pass on this opportunity. I've read the Steelers could be in play for Fields considering Pickett just doesn't look good. I watched a ton of video if wide open receivers that Pickett could throw to and he ends up getting sacked or running with the ball.

The Falcons should make a play at Kirk Cousins IMO. I really like Drake London, but Ridder just doesn't have that upside to get the ball in the endzone. With Kyle Pitts at TE and Bijan Robinson at RB, the offense is a QB away from being great. Work on your defense in the draft and the Falcons are looking pretty good.

I also think the Commanders are going for Maye. It's pretty much a new era in Washington after they finally got Dan Snyder out of there. Like Drake London in Atlanta, Terry McLaurin is an underrated WR that just needs a good QB throwing to him.

Yeah the more I read about the Bears draft the more I think Fields is done and Williams is in. Of course a ton of things can change in the coming months, but I don't think the Bears should pass on this opportunity. I've read the Steelers could be in play for Fields considering Pickett just doesn't look good. I watched a ton of video if wide open receivers that Pickett could throw to and he ends up getting sacked or running with the ball.

The Falcons should make a play at Kirk Cousins IMO. I really like Drake London, but Ridder just doesn't have that upside to get the ball in the endzone. With Kyle Pitts at TE and Bijan Robinson at RB, the offense is a QB away from being great. Work on your defense in the draft and the Falcons are looking pretty good.

I also think the Commanders are going for Maye. It's pretty much a new era in Washington after they finally got Dan Snyder out of there. Like Drake London in Atlanta, Terry McLaurin is an underrated WR that just needs a good QB throwing to him.
Pretty much how I see it. If I'm the Bears or Commanders, I go after Danielle Hunter. He has a "no franchise tag" clause in his contract. Josh Allen and Chris Jones are going to get franchised if they don't get long term deals. I think Hunter is the best that will be available and putting him opposite Sweat would cause some problems. There are 3 wide receivers that I have pegged as probable stars. Harrison will be long gone by #9, but Nabers or Odunze will probably be available.

Cousins would be a good move for ATL. If Ridder has some time, he just might develop. Hard to say, but if I'm ATL, I go edge with my first pick (Latu or Turner??), maybe wideout (give London some help) or CB with pick #2. There is a lot of depth at CB in this draft. They can also find help in FA to shore up their run defense. That team looks solid with Cousins at QB. I think if they improve their defense (which isn't a bad defense), they walk away with the South title next year. They could even possibly pick up Nix or McCarthy in round 2.

IMMA GM wannabe LOL

So, it looks like we're at that time where this thread seems to make more sense than the NFL thread.

Note to Mods......it's probably not "way too early" for this thread anymore. LOL

So, the on field combines start this Thursday. For you college football fanatics, who do you think is going to make a big move/splash at the combines? Any of your local favorites you think are being somewhat overlooked?

I've been reading that there are some who think Chicago will hold on to Fields and trade down to get a LOT of draft capital; both this year and next.

Here's one scenario: They trade down to #2 and swap with Washington. In doing this, they pick up this year's 2nd and a 1st and 2nd next year (Washington could be a really bad team next year unless they do well with all that cap space in FA). The second move is that they go back to #8 and Atlanta gets the #2. The Bears pick up a little more from Atlanta than they did Washington. If the Falcons pick up a QB, they are a playoff team next year so their picks won't be high ones. That would allow them to go wideout and either OT or edge in round one and have 2 high 2nd round picks. They might go CB (deep in this draft) and maybe TE/OL??

It would also give them 3 1st and 2nd round picks next year; one of them possibly a very high one.

I've been flopping around on this like a trout in a boat, but that sounds like a pretty good deal from where I sit.

Zach Wilson has been given permission to seek a trade!!! :lmao:

Jets to other teams......we'll give you Wilson and a 5th rounder for future considerations. LOL

His best landing spot is somewhere in the USFL.

The Chiefs used their franchise tag on L'Jarius Sneed. They must think they're a lot closer to a deal with Chris Jones than they were with him, but they've just handed Chris a hammer. I can tell you that teams are already lining up to talk to him and as soon as the legal tampering period starts, his agent is gonna need more phones and staff.

If QB Sam Hartman from Notre Dame doesn't stick with an NFL team, he can always do TV.

Xavier Worthy, Texas wideout, just got an official time of 4.21 in the 40 yard dash...... :thud:

Breaks the record of 4.22 set by John Ross.

Is anyone surprised that Russell Wilson got released? Denver took an 85M dead money hit. :funny:

I think he would do well in ATL. I suspect he won't cost a premium and that would free up ATL to go wideout with the #8 pick. They could probably get Odunze or Nabers to complement London. They could also go edge. That's probably a playoff team right there without doing anything else and they've still got free agency and the rest of their draft. This draft is deep in CB and wideout and they may go there in round 2.

If Ridder is given some time (which Russ provides), I still think he could be their guy.

Love to see Denver take a low one in the shorts. :lmao:

arguably the worst trade and contract in modern sports the Russel Wilson contract
He really thought he would was in Brady and Manning Class

Must be good to just throw $$ away like that I see him playing for the minimum with some team and they will also cut him mid season he is beyond washed and no legendary defense behind him

I hope we can sign McKinney and Barkley back but the Safety market opened up big time with all the recent cuts

@Spider-Fan If you guys get Jerry Jeudy from Denver for a 5 and a 6, that's a steal.

Glad Mike Evans resigned with the Bucs. Dude is literally the most underrated and most consistent wide receiver in the league. He's had over a 1000 yards, over ten straight seasons, his entire career. He's the heart of that team. Class act.

Agreed. I like this move a lot. Browns have an excellent GM. Man works wonders in trades
They could have gotten a LOT more for Jeudy if they had traded him earlier, but they had to see the Russell Wilson "experiment" through....LOL.....Russ is the gift that keeps on giving.....to other teams. :funny:

The Browns are the beneficiaries. I think he'll be a solid to very good 2 receiver.

arguably the worst trade and contract in modern sports the Russel Wilson contract
He really thought he would was in Brady and Manning Class

Must be good to just throw $$ away like that I see him playing for the minimum with some team and they will also cut him mid season he is beyond washed and no legendary defense behind him

I hope we can sign McKinney and Barkley back but the Safety market opened up big time with all the recent cuts

I wouldn't say Wilson is washed. Dude had no offensive line this year, no running game, average WR's and a coach who absolutely hated him. He got a bad deal in Denver and handled it better than some would.

I think he would do well in Atlanta or Pittsburgh.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

• C. Lee
    Superherohype Administrator

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"