NFL Offseason & Waiting for the Swifties Return Thread

I've been saying for a while that this is a guy who would have REALLY helped Chicago and 25M a year on a 2 year deal should have been right in their wheelhouse. Him opposite Sweat would have helped everything on a deceptively good defense. Maybe they go Turner at 9 and try to figure out a wideout to complement DJ.

I think Chicago missed on this one, but the Texans just got better.

Steelers are sending WR Diontae Johnson/7th Round Pick to the Panthers for DB Dontae Jackson/6th Round Pick.

This is a head scratcher for me. Not sure how Johnson is an upgrade to what the Panthers had this past year.

the man has made 400 million in NFL money without any playoff success
HE IS THE STANDARD lol
To me, this opens up the logical spot for Justin Fields. Minnesota is in desperate need of a QB and "might" be willing to give up their 2nd round pick, but might also make a big move into the top 5 to snag one of the top 3 or 4 QBs. Fields is only scheduled to make about 3M this year IIRC.

A lot of these teams don't really like to trade to division rivals, but if you can improve your team, you do it.

EDIT: Sounds like Justin Jefferson would like to team up with Fields....

Last edited:
Steelers are sending WR Diontae Johnson/7th Round Pick to the Panthers for DB Dontae Jackson/6th Round Pick.

This is a head scratcher for me. Not sure how Johnson is an upgrade to what the Panthers had this past year.
I thought this thread was for off season news.... :funny:

As I figured, the Chargers released Mike Williams because of salary cap issues. If he can stay healthy, he's gonna really help someone. If I'm Chicago, I'm looking hard at this guy to complement DJ Moore. If they can get a good 2 wideout (and Williams would be way more than good), It give them the ability to grab a premiere edge in the draft at #9. I can see 4 QBs and 3 wideouts going before Chicago picks and I can't see someone passing on both Alt and Fashanu at OT, so the Bears should have their pick at edge. If not, one of those tackles is going to make their QB a very happy guy.

Flacco to Indy just seems weird. I mean they already have the future in Anthony Richardson.
Do the really need Flacco?

And I feel bad for the Browns. Just when things looked bright, in one fell swoop, its all taken away, and they are back to square one.

Things are still bright for the Browns. Defense is mostly maintained, and that's the strength of the team. All they have to do is stay healthy and they'll be fine

Other than signing Winston, I think the Browns are OK. Personally, I keep Flacco. I think the Browns got a great deal in getting Jeudy. That was a real need for them. Otherwise, unless I missed something, they haven't done too much....mostly bringing in fill in guys.

Flacco to Indy just seems weird. I mean they already have the future in Anthony Richardson.
Do the really need Flacco?

And I feel bad for the Browns. Just when things looked bright, in one fell swoop, its all taken away, and they are back to square one.
Actually, I think having a guy like Flacco around could be a big help to Richardson. I mean, Joe was never the super athlete dude, but knew how to not lose games. Sorta like Trent Dilfer. They both understood the game and how to, generally, not screw things up. They weren't a Dan Marino type who just said "OK.....I'm winning this game", but if Richardson can play with anything close to the smarts of Joe, he's gonna be trouble. That dude has every physical attribute you could ever want. I mean the dude is 6-4, goes about 250 and ran a 4.43 40.....jesus......

Sam Howell from Commanders to Seahawks......ya think DC is going QB early in the draft? Good trade for Seattle.

Oh boy.....THAT'S a good trade for Chicago. Chargers have major cap issues and the Bears are taking advantage of it. Allen still has some tread on his tires, but has to stay healthy. He's a big guy who really goes after the ball. I now see the Bears going edge with their #9 pick and trying to pick up a good, young wideout later on. They still have work to do on their interior lines.

It'll be interesting to see what they do with his contract.

Last edited:
This is one crazy off season.

Love the Raiders got Christian Wilkens. Also, I know @InCali was not happy with Minshew signing, but that dude has the Raider vibe. Still expect the Raiders to draft a QB.

This is one crazy off season.

Love the Raiders got Christian Wilkens. Also, I know @InCali was not happy with Minshew signing, but that dude has the Raider vibe. Still expect the Raiders to draft a QB.
Yeah......they needed help in the middle of the D line. Minshew........ain't gonna take anybody anywhere. If you put him on the 9ers, fine

EDIT: I'm not super familiar with Wilkins off the field. I think I heard he was some kind of head case. Anyone know much about him?

Last edited:
Aaron Donald retires at 32 after 10 seasons. Smart move IMO

Hmmmm......first ballot HOF?

Let's see....in 10 years

Rookie DPOY
8 time All Pro
10 time Pro Bowl
3 time DPOY
Averaged over 11 sacks per year

Check this.....in 2018 he had

20.5 sacks
25 tackles for loss
4 forced fumbles
2 fumble recoveries
41 QB hits.

Dude was double teamed almost every time he lined up.

Go look at the last 2 plays of the Rams SB win......Donald was single handedly responsible for stopping the Bengals. He made a one arm tackle to deprive, I think, MIxon of a 1st down (you don't see that very often) and then caused Burrow to throw an incompletion on the last play of the game. If the Bengals get that 1st down, they likely tie the game.

Not a big Rams fan, but he was an absolute beast.

Vikings just fleeced Houston:

Now they have 2 first round picks in the first round. Gives them flexibility -- stay pat and likely get two good players
or package them to move up and get a franchise player (although given what happened to Carolina last year
I would be VERY reluctant to do that.)

Vikings just fleeced Houston:

Now they have 2 first round picks in the first round. Gives them flexibility -- stay pat and likely get two good players
or package them to move up and get a franchise player (although given what happened to Carolina last year
I would be VERY reluctant to do that.)
Houston.......we have a problem....SMH.....

According to the draft value chart, those 2 1st rounders add up to getting into the top 4 or 5. That's just a rough rule of thumb, but that's the generally accepted rule.

Yeah......they needed help in the middle of the D line. Minshew........ain't gonna take anybody anywhere. If you put him on the 9ers, fine

EDIT: I'm not super familiar with Wilkins off the field. I think I heard he was some kind of head case. Anyone know much about him?

I haven't heard anything about him being a headcase, I know he likes to talk trash on the field, but who doesn't lol.

Idk, Minshew was one wide open catch away from taking a not so great Colts to the playoffs. I have a little more optimism for ole Uncle Rico, I guess haha.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"