Batman Begins Nice Coat

there's nothing wrong with batman helping kids. but if it's that "not in character" for you, then u'd just let batman leave those kids be to die? another way is to introduce robin so he could help the kids, but u guys dont like robin either. nothing please u guys, lol.
That's not true... no kids, no Robin pleases me immensely.

we might as well forget the fact that bruce wayne was a kid when he lost his parents then. i think it's important that bruce helps kids out. his main objective is to prevent his crappy situation from happening to any one else...whether it's aiding the hospital with funds as bruce wayne or giving some device to a kid as batman.

and i honestly dont mind robin. he's important to the batman myths. batman can only go so far without robin, nightwing, batgirl, huntress, oracle, etc.

but i guess in these "realistic" movies, such characters cant exist. which i dont get cuz batman is probably the most ridiculous character i know. he has no super powers, yet he can beat heroes like superman, spider-man, the WHOLE jla, and such.

we might as well forget the fact that bruce wayne was a kid when he lost his parents then. i think it's important that bruce helps kids out. his main objective is to prevent his crappy situation from happening to any one else...whether it's aiding the hospital with funds as bruce wayne or giving some device to a kid as batman.
I agree, to an extent... Bruce Wayne may see the children, but Batman's focus is only on the criminal.

As has be pointed out in the past, Begins is neither the comics nor TAS.

I thought him just giving away a gadget that he quite probably would need later was totally out of character... well, it would be of character for the intelligent Batman of the comics and TAS, but Nolan's ain't that Batman.

I guess we can agree to disagree. :)

As has be pointed out in the past, Begins is neither the comics nor TAS.

I thought him just giving away a gadget that he quite probably would need later was totally out of character... well, it would be of character for the intelligent Batman of the comics and TAS, but Nolan's ain't that Batman.

Exactly. This isn't TAS or the comics. This is Nolan's Batman, and in Nolan's Batman...Batman helps out kids. Simple as.

How can you say Nolan's Batman ain't that kinda Batman while his actions in Begins clearly shows that he is.

I like that line. I think Bale's delivery made it work quite well. I had no idea so many people had such a huge problem with it!

This is Nolan's Batman, and in Nolan's Batman...Batman helps out kids. Simple as.
And Schumacher’s Batman had nipples on the Batsuit. Simple as... but that doesn't mean it was a good idea.

How can you say Nolan's Batman ain't that kinda Batman while his actions in Begins clearly shows that he is.
Are we talking about the touchy-feely Batman here or the not so brilliant Detective?

Exactly. This isn't TAS or the comics. This is Nolan's Batman, and in Nolan's Batman...Batman helps out kids. Simple as.

That's the problem right there, it shouldn't be Nolan's Batman or for that matter Shumacher's or Burton's Batman, it should just be Batman. Directors need to stop putting their spin on a well defined character and look. Rubber, nipples, etc. just add nonsense not reality to the character or suit.

Helping out kids is one thing, Batman should defend everyone. With that said giving a useful tool to a child is kind of pointless in my opinion. Now, as I stated, Nolan didn't create the idea of helping kids, the people who write the Batman comics did so let's stop giving credit to people who do not deserve it.

As far as Nolan's Batman being a better Batman is pointless. Everyone knows what Batman should act like; it really depends on how hung up you are on a particular movie or director to determine how much you will defend your new found belief. In my opinion, Nolan's movie is just about a vigilante, not Batman. I wasn't impressed but that's just me.

I liked the "Nice Coat" line.

I have no real problem with the line, my problem lies in the question of where does he go when he zip lines up? It's a great scene with a great ending but it lacks the realization of where does he go. Sure, he must latch on to something but I would think that would take away from the coolness of flying up in the air. It's like the Batmobile in Forever climbing the building. The shot was supposed to be this amazing scene but it was never shown what happens when it reaches the top. Personally, I don't like having that type of thing left to my imagine, I would rather see the ending of it.

It's corny, but i like it, he gives him the coat as Bruce Wayne trying to find his way, and when he says it back to him, he's batman!

What i don't like about that scene is he seemingly magically floats into the air after pulling falconi out of the car, that bothers me, not the line, I also dont like, that he's just standing there, in the corner, conveniently, like the kid who shows up (again), if they showed him, perhaps told to ****off by one of Falconi's goons for begging before hand, it would be better to swallow.

It's corny, but i like it, he gives him the coat as Bruce Wayne trying to find his way, and when he says it back to him, he's batman!

What i don't like about that scene is he seemingly magically floats into the air after pulling falconi out of the car, that bothers me, not the line, I also dont like, that he's just standing there, in the corner, conveniently, like the kid who shows up (again), if they showed him, perhaps told to ****off by one of Falconi's goons for begging before hand, it would be better to swallow.

I agree, where the heck does he go when he zipps up? Doesn't it loose a little of the "Wow factor" when he then has to unhook himself and climb onto something?

It's a dumb quote.

Bruce leaves the coat for the homeless guy, only to run in to him a few years later and the guy is still wearing the same coat?!

That way Nolan made us all forget Bruce has been gone for years...

"Batman should be a mean psycho ninja all the time and never be funny and I hate kids and I hope the next one is rated R."

Some of you need to move on to something else if you've got these worries. The line was fine. So's Robin. So's a 10 year old liking BATMAN.

I dunno why this one is singled out particularly, it's indicative of the whole script

why does everyone dislike that line? when i heard it and everytime after i got chills.. the huge anticipation of when the darkknight comes to be... an after achieving victory after disppearingfor years he sees the last person he talked 2 in gotham..

it was like he was hinting that "hey its me, and im BACK, wont get tossed out of a club THIS time"

hard to explain but it baffles me why it can be percieved as "corny" or a one liner.. it looked like casual human to human interaction with no desire to be funny

better Batman just fly up into the air silently without the silly line. Runins the tention.

It was indicitive of the overall script the terrible quotes where one of the movies lowest points.

It was indicitive of the overall script the terrible quotes where one of the movies lowest points.

Let's not forget the fight scenes, all the action scenes, and another rubber suit with cape clips. Those brought the movie down for me too. I'll gladly take the, "Nice coat," line if everything else could have been fixed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"