No Film has ever had Great three sequels in a row

Butterbean

Civilian
Reaction score
Think about it. I really hope Spider-Man 3 is the final Spider-Man film for a very very long time...

It is so rare to have a good sequel, let alone a better part 3! Raimi is one of the few directors that could pull it off, imo.

Star Wars was a great trilogy, but once they hit part 4, people hated it.

Anything past Rocky 2 got silly.

Alien and Aliens were great, but then Alien 3 couldn't deliever.

Bottom line is movie character arcs get stale and the writers can develop the character any further after a third movie.

As far as I know, unless someone can prove me wrong, there has never been a great three sequels in a row that have all surpassed their original...

Spider-Man films have had Goblin, Goblin 2, Doc Ock, Venom, and Sandman. I realize there are many more villains out there, but these are the core villains and I think that any more would just be over kill.

actually spider-man 3 is the second sequel. unless there's a spider-man 0.

just pointing that out.

Third one's usually where these trilogies start to lose steam, yes.

The difference here is that Spidey 1 is mediocre. Spidey 2 is better but still no masterpiece. So 3's not going to have a hard time topping them.

uhhhh...........The Lord of the Rings? The Matrix?

LOTR? Yes. Matrix? Hell no.

And Alien 3 couldn't deliver? That's my favorite movie right after the 2nd one.

No the reason why these movies may be less then the first in opinion is because what happens is that sequals are not handled by the same crew. Sta wars doesn't really count because its more of a whole new line of movies that happen to connect with an old series. And even then those who managed it plus nostalgia effect perception. Also when it comes to superhero flicks, "core villians" is simply popular villians who got more popular do to the television media.

let hope this one doesn't flop like the matrix did.

Hafssól;11424982 said:
actually spider-man 3 is the second sequel. unless there's a spider-man 0.

just pointing that out.
exactly what i was thinking.

the lotr rings was a great trilogy, the matrix started out good then ended poorly

Well the Godfather (even if I didn't like part three as the first two) was a great trilogy. But it seems that Spider-Man might be the first trilogy to keep a good quality in all his movies. And as far as what it's been said and seen, it's a fair bet to say that it's what it's going to happen.

hmm...lemme see here...james bond...harry potter...indiana jones...star trek?...jack ryan movies(sorta)...saw...nitemare on elm street?...just to name a few.

If the movies are great, is not only because of the director and the team behind working with him.
Most of the success comes from the great great stories developed in the SpiderMan comic books, keep in mind that except a few changes, the storylines are almost the same from the comic books.
D!

oh yea! dont forget the trilogy that raimi got him here too...the evil dead series!!! effing right raimi! i think raimi's the only director ever to pull off two great trilogies...great job raimi!!! keep it up!!! also dont forget the dark man series too...heheh.

Think about it. I really hope Spider-Man 3 is the final Spider-Man film for a very very long time...

It is so rare to have a good sequel, let alone a better part 3! Raimi is one of the few directors that could pull it off, imo.

Bottom line is movie character arcs get stale and the writers can develop the character any further after a third movie.

As far as I know, unless someone can prove me wrong, there has never been a great three sequels in a row that have all surpassed their original...

Spider-Man films have had Goblin, Goblin 2, Doc Ock, Venom, and Sandman. I realize there are many more villains out there, but these are the core villains and I think that any more would just be over kill.
You're just generalizing. There are people who like those movies.

What about Indiana Jones and the Original Star Wars trilogy?

I liked all 3 of the Scream movies.
Harry Potter movies
Indiana Jones movies
Jurassic Park trilogy

superman's movies were amazing, and x-men triology wasn't so bad......

oh yea! dont forget the trilogy that raimi got him here too...the evil dead series!!! effing right raimi! i think raimi's the only director ever to pull off two great trilogies...great job raimi!!! keep it up!!! also dont forget the dark man series too...heheh.

Actually, Army of Darkness was kinda dumb. It was OK, but just didn't deliver in the crazy gonzo gory department like the first two.

Rocky 3 was a good film. 4 was a bit goofy but wasn't terrible.

But yeah, for the most part the thrid movie is where things go wrong. but only because the studios tend to think of things at that point as being a cash and carry affair.

Raimi still appears to care deeply about this franchise, and luckily, the studio is willing to give him what he needs. This as opposed to the FF films, which are made by a committee of morons.

Wanting the Spider-Man movies to stop because of lesser movie history is ridiculously idiotic. Why the hell would you want that? You don't know if SM4 would be crap and you certainly don't have any say so in the matter. If Raimi and company stay for another, you honestly think the movie would suck because it is so "rare" to have great movies beyong a trilogy. I also love the movies you gave examples for...Alien and Rocky...:whatever: Ohhh great movies. And part 4 of the Star Wars series would be episode 4 and coincedentally the first movie they ever made. Harry Potter, Lord of the Rings, etc...are a great series of movies and I am sure the Hobbit will add to the LOTR franchise perfectly. The new Bond series is off to a great start, the new Batman series is off to a great start, etc... etc... etc...

And it is also extremely laughable that you named Goblin 1 & 2, Doc Ock, and Venom as the core villians and anything after that would be overkill...LMFAO.:woot:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"