Change ONE thing in each film.

Probably a whole rewrite on MJ lol.

Raimi biggest weakness.

Spider-Man- Goblin Costume
Spider-Man 2- MJ
Spider-Man 3- No Symbiote story

SM1: Have different Goblin costume.
SM2: Don't have spidey unmasked.
SM3: Have only one villain,Harry creates Sandman to kill spidey.

Spider-man 1- R.C. Everbeck's scene isn't cut, thus negating the "need" for Blowpher in SM3.

Spider-man 2- Peter doesn't immediately unmask at the first unsure sign that Ock is regaining his sanity.

Spider-man 3- No symbiote. Everything about Venom was wrong, I would have preferred just having the seeds planted for Eddie's eventual obsession with Spider-man.

Spider-Man 1: I would make the battle in the burning building, between Peter and Norman, more intense.

Spider-Man 2: I wouldn't have shown Peter leaving his Aunt in the bank scene. I felt as though Aunt May thought so much less of him when he was actually doing her a favour.

Spider-Man 3: One thing that annoyed me in the third film was the fact that when Flint fell into the sand pit, the operators said "It's probably a bird". Shouldn't they have taken it more seriously?

Spider-Man 1: I would make the battle in the burning building, between Peter and Norman, more intense.

Spider-Man 2: I wouldn't have shown Peter leaving his Aunt in the bank scene. I felt as though Aunt May thought so much less of him when he was actually doing her a favour.

Spider-Man 3: One thing that annoyed me in the third film was the fact that when Flint fell into the sand pit, the operators said "It's probably a bird". Shouldn't they have taken it more seriously?

I still remember laughing at that as a kid :funny:

Spider-Man: Peter saves the carjacker instead... and maybe I'd change the Unity Parade scene a little.

Spider-Man 2: Get rid of the no more story.

Spider-Man 3: Among others, Harry using his father's suit.

That's like 1/3 of the movie.

aaaand replace it with something that doesn't drag on. :o

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought it dragged on. I'm not a big fan of the "no more" story for any superhero film because it's obvious that they'll come back sooner or later unless it really is the end for them. I just wanted Peter to have a better reason for suddenly getting his powers back and not simply because Mary Jane was in danger again. Maybe she should have told him she loved him before Doc Ock kidnaps her...? Then he has a better reason to go and save her because he knows they both love each other, even though MJ doesn't know herself.

As for Spider-Man 3, maybe a slightly altered version of the original Green Goblin suit would have worked (a smaller, less bulky helmet and black armour)? Harry's New Goblin suit was fine as it was in SM3 but I like the idea of him fully taking on his father's mantle and it could have drawn Peter insane, thinking that Norman Osborn was actually back alive and seeing that it's Harry who's set on killing Peter.

Topher as Venom was kinda off. I would've used Jensen Ackles instead of Topher.

The presence of Sandman in SM3. Harry's storyline deserved a focused payoff after the first two and the new villain everyone wanted to see was Venom. Cramming in Sandman even meant retconning Uncle Ben's death. He was beyond unnecessary.

I liked having MJ in the series,but I kinda wonder how things would've turned out if Gwen was n the series from the start.

Spider-Man: I would remove the whole "You mess with one of us, you mess with all of us".

Spider-Man 2: Less MJ sulking and more Doc Ock

Spider-Man 3: Remove Venom but retain symbiote and Eddie Brock, so Spidey can battle Green Goblin II and Sandman, save Venom for a 4th film. Oh and remove Peter hip gyration and dancing.

Spider-Man: Better Green Goblin costume, I guess. I didn't particularly hate it, but if I had to change something it'd probably be that.

Spider-Man 2: Let Mary Jane actually do something, or just not get kidnapped for once.

Spider-Man 3: Cut out Sandman, more focus on Harry and Venom.

Spider-man: spend more time on the origin and learning his powers and not just have him go from zero to hero in a couple of seconds

Spider-man 2: either write a more interesting story then the "no more" storyline or remove the train unmasking scene, I'd change both

Spider-man: more black suit and venom

For the franchise alone id change toby and MJs character

Last edited:
If only one thing I'll change big things ;).

Spider-Man: Give Flash (probably with a different actor) a bigger role in becoming a fan of Spider-Man and a little more tolerant or respectful of Peter. Edit: Or take out the New Yorkers saving Spider-Man/briefly defeating the Goblin, that takes a lot away from the whole climax.
Spider-Man 2: No Peter losing his powers, he just decides to quit and then come back.
Spider-Man 3: Tie: Either not have Sandman as Uncle Ben's killer or end the movie with newly-bonded Venom leaping into the screen leading to a fourth film.

Last edited:
Spider-Man 1 - The Goblin's design. Yep. That role would be remembered as one of the best comic book villains in movies, if it weren't for the costume. Instead have him wear a dark colored armored suit, almost like a mostly black SWAT uniform but still containing purple in there. Then give him green gloves and boots, and green helmet that's just a visor and a painted on smile, with a purple hood. It's true to the comics, while also being revamped for modern day. Or if that design sounds stupid then pretend I said something different.

Spider-Man 2 - Have John Jameson be a bigger part of the story. He's barely in the movie and if you're not even paying attention you wouldn't know he was in it at all. Maybe have Spidey save him in one scene, other than that I don't have any other ideas. Of course he'd have to have some moments with his dad.

Spider-Man 3 - There's a lot. But mostly I'd cut out Venom, maybe have Peter keep the Symbiote throughout the whole movie, so we can see it gradually change his personality in a darker way, instead of it being rushed, that way we don't really see Emo Peter, it's more of a slow downward spiral towards Venom over the course of two films. I guess Harry and Sandman can team up instead, but that would cause the ending fight to be very different. Oh well.

1) Change Gren Goblin's costume
2) Nothing (Seriously, I can't think of anything I would change)
3) Emo Peter, Sandman, Change Harry's characters - a lot, basically.

1) Green Goblin's costume.
2) Make the film longer (I can't think of anything either.)
3) Build the plot around one great villain, rather than 3 halfhearted ones.

Spider-Man: Norman Osborn won't grovel before the Green Goblin mask.

Spider-Man 2: Doc Ock's transition to villainy is one thing I want to change so bad.
Yeah, I'll skip that in lab scene and make the process start as soon as Flint Marko falls.

1. Better costume for the Green Goblin.
2. Put the scene with JJJ in Spider-man's costume in the theatrical version.
3. Cut Venom or fix his character.

Across all 3 films, re-cast MJ or begin with Gwen first.

Can't think of much I'd change about the first two, but really my things with Spider-Man 3 are Venom's skinniness and Mary kissing Harry after she got MAD at Peter for non-sensually kissing another girl. If I could substitute changing one thing in Spider-Man with changing both of those things in Spider-Man 3, and substitute changing one thing in Spider-Man 2 with having Harry fly his father's glider instead of a hovering skateboard, I'd do that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"