Change ONE thing in each film.

henzINNIT

Superhero
Reaction score
Thought it'd be a fun game. I wonder what will be harder, changing something in something good like SM2, or just picking one thing in a hot mess like SM3 haha

My picks:

Spider-Man - Changing the Goblin suit came to mind, but I have to go with removing the line: "You're the one who's out Gobby, out of your mind!" Please, please make it go away.

Spider-Man 2 - One thing that always bothered me is that Dr. Ock gets his own phrase wrong at the end of the film. Peter is reminding him that intelligence is a gift that should be used for good, and Ock responds with "A privilege". No, you specifically said not a privilege.

Spider-Man 3 - What to choose, what to choose... At the root of it, I'd have let Raimi use Vulture instead of Venom, but with what is there, I'd switch out the Venom/Sandman team-up scene for the cut version. It makes Marko more sympathetic and Brock more villainous.

What about you guys?

Thought it'd be a fun game. I wonder what will be harder, changing something in something good like SM2, or just picking one thing in a hot mess like SM3 haha

Only one. Well, that's going to be a little difficult

Spider-Man: Improve Peter and MJ's relationship at the beginning a bit. Peter is infatuated with MJ, but they weren't very acquainted. I'd make them childhood friends, so Peter seems less stalkerish.

Another thing I'd like to change big time is Peter letting Carridine die.

Spider-Man 2: I'd change MJ's relationship with John a bit, and have that be a little more important. Also I'd have John defend Spider-man towards his dad, and have MJ break up with him civilly isntead of running away at the alter. Biatch.

Either that or have MJ get engaged to Flash instead of John, because Flash is somewhat of a rival to Peter, even though he likes Spider-Man. It would also parallel the comics with Liz having a crush on Peter when dating Flash. MJ running away from Flash's wedding wouldn't have been as bad, since Flash as a *****e, although I'd probably not include it either.

Spider-Man 3: Have Harry team up with Sandman, and then have a change of heart when he endanger's MJ, and save Venom for the sequel.

If that's too much of a change then I'd have Marko be Peter's parents killer instead of Uncle Ben's. That would give him a motivation to want revenge towards Sandman, withouth fudging up Uncle Ben's death in Spider-Man 1

Spider-Man: Peter saves the carjacker instead... and maybe I'd change the Unity Parade scene a little.

Spider-Man 2: Get rid of the no more story.

Spider-Man 3: Among others, Harry using his father's suit.

1: GG suit. That mask has got to go.
2. Cut pizza delivery scene.
3. The symbiont story. It should include a Jon Jamison astronaut origin and venom should only be teased at the end. Not be apart of the climax.

Spider-Man: The Green Goblin costume even though I didn't think it was that bad they could have chose a better one

Spider-Man 2: nothing

Spider-Man 3:Sandman shouldnt have been uncle Ben's killer, Harry should have worn the Green Goblin costume from the first movie at least, Venom didn't need to be in it, We should have seen more black suit Spider-Man action seriously the only scenes were we see him wear it fully is the scene were it first bonds to him the sandman fight scene and the scene were he removes it that's only 3 scenes and if you add all those scenes together the amount of time he was wearing the black suit was only 10 minutes, Gwen Stacy didn't need to be in it and the dance scenes were certainly not needed

Last edited:
Spider-Man: The Green Goblin's costume

Spider-Man 2: Nothing significant I would change

Spider-Man 3: Remove Venom and the whole symbiote storyline

aaaand replace it with something that doesn't drag on. :o

I guess it could be done. I probably would have Doc Ock making deals with the criminal underground for science equipment, and Peter looking for clues.

It would have been awesome to see Michael Clarke Duncan play Kingpin again.

Spider-man: Like most people I would want to change the Goblin outfit,or at least the mask. Make it a bit more creepy/scary looking.

Spider-man 2: Honestly,nothing comes to mind. I find it perfect.

Spider-man 3: Get rid of Sandman and focus more on Venom and the symbiote.

Spider-Man: Change Goblin's costume (although I don't hate it as is.)
Spider-Man 2: uhhhhh idk
Spider-Man 3: Let Raimi do it his way. No Venom.

Spider-Man - Mary Jane dies, have Peter hook up with that other chick, or get a better actress than Kirstun Dunst (hate Dunst in the Spiderman movies)

Spider-Man 2
- haven't seen this in a while, but get rid of Kirsten Dunst as already mentioned

Spider-Man 3 - either do a proper movie with Venom, or ditch Venom altogether

Spider-Man - Reverse the love interests of SM1 and SM3 with Bryce Dallas Howard as Gwen Stacy.

Spider-Man 2 - Kirsten Dunst/ MJ.

Spider-Man 3 - TobEMOguire

Spider-Man - Probably the GG costume. I don't hate it as much as other people do, but it could have been better.

Spider-Man 2 - I would take out Raindrops Keep Falling On My Head scene

Spider-Man 3 - No Sandman. Just focus on Green Goblin and Venom as the villains

Spider-Man: The Goblin costume

Spider-Man 2: Erm....can I get back to you on that one?

Spider-Man 3: Remove either Sandman or Venom

Spider-Man: The Goblin costume

Spider-Man 2: MJ's hair, make it more like SM1

Spider-Man 3: All singing/dance scenes, would insta make it go from a 5/10 film to a 7/10 with just those bits removed.

Spider-Man 1: Goblin Costume
Spider-Man 2: Peter Parker's college characterisation
Spider-Man 3: If we are including the changes to SM2 then I'd cut out the whole Venom arc.

Only one. Well, that's going to be a little difficult

Spider-Man: Improve Peter and MJ's relationship at the beginning a bit. Peter is infatuated with MJ, but they weren't very acquainted. I'd make them childhood friends, so Peter seems less stalkerish.

Another thing I'd like to change big time is Peter letting Carridine die.

Spider-Man 2: I'd change MJ's relationship with John a bit, and have that be a little more important. Also I'd have John defend Spider-man towards his dad, and have MJ break up with him civilly isntead of running away at the alter. Biatch.

Either that or have MJ get engaged to Flash instead of John, because Flash is somewhat of a rival to Peter, even though he likes Spider-Man. It would also parallel the comics with Liz having a crush on Peter when dating Flash. MJ running away from Flash's wedding wouldn't have been as bad, since Flash as a *****e, although I'd probably not include it either.

Spider-Man 3: Have Harry team up with Sandman, and then have a change of heart when he endanger's MJ, and save Venom for the sequel.

If that's too much of a change then I'd have Marko be Peter's parents killer instead of Uncle Ben's. That would give him a motivation to want revenge towards Sandman, withouth fudging up Uncle Ben's death in Spider-Man 1

I never thought of that,but that would've been a good alternative.

Spider-Man: Get rid of Peter catching up to his uncle's killer and the man dying (this would make things sync up a bit better with SM3)
Spider-Man 2: Speed up Rosie's death (the slow-mo really wasn't needed in the scene)
Spider-Man 3: Get rid of Venom's introduction (I happen to like what they did with the character, but his forced inclusion really did bog down the movie)

Last edited:
Spider-Man: I'm surprised no one has said this yet...organic webshooters!

Spider-Man 2: Peter should have at least said "I didn't kill your father" before he runs out the door after Harry unmasks him, it would have taken two seconds.

Spider-Man 3: Ugh, where to start...other than the obvious choices of Venom, the Green Snowboarder, Bernard, Uncle Ben...if I had to change ONE THING, it would probably be the news channel stuff at the end. I cringe when the reporter says "it's hard to believe what's happening...the brutality of it." The entire thing is just so lazy. It's a MOVIE, don't have someone tell me what's happening! Show me!

Spider-Man 2: Peter should have at least said "I didn't kill your father" before he runs out the door after Harry unmasks him, it would have taken two seconds.

Fair point, but it seems that Peter took his promise to Norman very seriously ("Don't tell Harry"). If he'd said that, then Harry would have asked who did kill his father, putting Peter in a tough place trying to honour his promise.

1) Mechanical web-shooters
2) Doc Ock doesn't die
3) Sandman has NOTHING to do with the death of Uncle Ben

Spider-Man 1: Can't think of anything. Spider-Man 2: Doc Ock using the bank heist outfit thoughout the whole movie. Spider-Man 3: Just one villain, doesn't matter who.

1. I'd change the Goblin suit
2. I'd introduce the symbiote in SM2 through John Jameson
3. Venom would be the villain of SM3

i'd change peter's personality like it was in the comics

mary jane has to be true to her counterpart

goblin needs to look like the freak that he was in the comics(616 i mean)

the bugle staff having character

the opening of 1 needs to be introduced well. i hated how the opening went out. it was sort of embarressing to watch.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"