• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The Amazing Spider-Man No Mary Jane for reboot?

^ She's played in Raise Your Voice and the Cheaper By The Dozen franchise as well as some other stuff but this is how she looks as a blonde these days:

hilary-duff-1.jpg

In that top pic she certainly has the dimples for Mary Jane. All she would need is to dye her hair red.

I don't know if she is too well known. When Kirsten Dunst was cast in Spider-Man #1, I thought that she was also too well known and wouldn't be able to see past the actress. That said, I would still prefer to see someone like Elena Satine in the role as she isn't really associated with anything else.

But Duff does look like MJ in that first pic and almost has the bangs. She is certainly more beautiful than Dunst.

Again, Thanks! But I had already seen that thread before the post in this thread, and had seen the deleted scenes, etc... but I had not seen in the thread any comment about the "kid not being able to sit through a 3 hour movie" being the deciding factor cited for the cuts.

I can't remember where it is at. It was before the movie came out in theatres. I am too lazy too seach and search sorry:( But I am sure I posted about it if you want to look at my comments in the SM3 thread.

i honestly do not mind Hilary Duff

she's an ok actress and is beautiful

HUGE upgrade over Dunst

seems that we will be getting Gwen :woot:

I'm not a fan of Kirsten Dunst but no way would Hilary Duff be a 'huge' upgrade of any sort.

Lizzie Maguire was like 10 years ago. Hilary Duff is actually kinda hot now.

hilary-duff-medical-building-beverly-hills-01.jpg

I think shes really attractive, but I havent seen her do anything that makes me think she can pull of MJ...or Gwen...or any character

If Duff is cast in this, alot of my Hype from Garfield and Webb will be downplayed so much. Seriously, she's an atrocious actress.

If Duff is cast in this, alot of my Hype from Garfield and Webb will be downplayed so much. Seriously, she's an atrocious actress.

I'm all for having near unknown actors/ actresses for this film. I hope these ones try to get the spirit of the comics instead of any kind of celebrity.

To me Hilary Duff has been too much of one of these 'teen stars' she's been in the limelight too much and I thought the idea this time was to get talented but unknown actors in all the roles.

That's why I want Elena Satine for MJ and Imogen Poots for Gwen, both are unknown but hella hot and talented.

I'm all for having near unknown actors/ actresses for this film. I hope these ones try to get the spirit of the comics instead of any kind of celebrity.

To me Hilary Duff has been too much of one of these 'teen stars' she's been in the limelight too much and I thought the idea this time was to get talented but unknown actors in all the roles.

That's why I want Elena Satine for MJ and Imogen Poots for Gwen, both are unknown but hella hot and talented.

As open minded as I am towards Duff,I have to say that an unknown such as Imogen Poots would be IDEAL

um she did a terrific job in War Inc and was the only one to get any rave reviews despite the fact that there was Ben kingsley, John Cusack and Marisa tomei

They'd probably release it as Spider-Man 3.1.

Before the reboot, I expected that to happen. But, now, I have my doubts. Does Sony REALLY wanna remind people of the Sam Raimi trilogy before releasing the new version? Especially if Spider-Man 3.1 turns out to be good. I see Sam Raimi's version of Spider-Man 3 becoming the new Superman II. It took 26 years for Warner Bros to release Richard Donner's version of that movie.

If any of the rumoured actresses get up over Theresa Palmer I'll consider it criminal. None of them even hold a candle to her, in my opinion.

It's such a shame that Bryce Dallas Howard played faux-Gwen in Spider-man 3. I thought she gave a really great performance. That being said, I'd be willing to bet that Theresa Palmer will be it. Sony can't risk having an actress that fans may not respond well to.

Casting any Disney star is a mistake...I don't care who they are...it's a mistake. Disney actors have this child-like cult following and mystique about them that I hate.

Until I see a Disney star (especially female) play a character in a movie where they get raped and becomes a rapist, a child molester, a serial killer, a racist, a crack ****e, an animal killer and has babies just to eat the placenta. I don't want to see them in any movie I'm interested in seeing.

The last thing these Spider-Man movies need is more catering to children, watering down characters and stories...and treating the audience like they're all 4 year old ******ed kids. :dry:

I agree ^^^... until that actor shows progression and maturity in his/her career, I don't want them in movies I care about. Something like Spiderman can still go for kid friendly, family stuff, but I just don't think people will take it seriously with those kinds of actors.

©KAW;18905183 said:
Casting any Disney star is a mistake...I don't care who they are...it's a mistake. Disney actors have this child-like cult following and mystique about them that I hate.

Until I see a Disney star (especially female) play a character in a movie where they get raped and becomes a rapist, a child molester, a serial killer, a racist, a crack ****e, an animal killer and has babies just to eat the placenta. I don't want to see them in any movie I'm interested in seeing.

The last thing these Spider-Man movies need is more catering to children, watering down characters and stories...and treating the audience like they're all 4 year old ******ed kids. :dry:
Quoted for truth.

Casting a disney star would be a perfect way to ruin this franchise.

I agree ^^^... until that actor shows progression and maturity in his/her career, I don't want them in movies I care about. Something like Spiderman can still go for kid friendly, family stuff, but I just don't think people will take it seriously with those kinds of actors.
And to think someone added Mitchel Musso in a Poll once for Peter Parker.. OH.MY.GOD. :doh: :barf: :nono:

©KAW;18905183 said:

Couldn't have said it better myself! :up:

You guys do know that she is far from Disney now, right?

Some news on the casting stuff from Entertainment Weekleyand. It's going to be Mary-Jane and Gwen:

Some new names are popping up surrounding the casting of Spider-Man’s love interest in the reboot of the webbed superhero starring Andrew Garfield. Sony and director Marc Webb (500 Days of Summer) continue to test actresses, but, as it turns out, it’s not for one female lead but two. So attention all you comic book fans out there: It looks like this Spider-Man, which is set in high school, will feature both of Spidey’s most prominent love interests, the red-headed Mary Jane Watson, played in the last three movies by Kirsten Dunst, and blonde Gwen Stacy, which Bryce Dallas Howard played in Spider-Man 3.

As such, the studio is casting a rather wide net. It flew Mia Wasikowska, best known as Alice from Tim Burton’s Alice in Wonderland, in from New York to meet with Webb and Garfield. While, most recently, Easy A’s Emma Stone read with Garfield for the role.

The studio is being very mum as to who could possibly be the front runners for the two parts and declined to comment for this story. It’s easy to imagine that the two roles could go to both Stone and Wasikowska. The red-headed Stone has starred in four movies for the studio and is said to have a great relationship with Sony head Amy Pascal. Stone has come on strong ever since last year’s Zombieland and only solidified her place as a go-to young actress with the success of Easy A, which bowed last weekend to just under $18 million. Stone is currently filming The Help for DreamWorks, where she stars as the lead character Skeeter Phelan in the period piece based on Kathryn Stockett’s best-selling novel.

I’m told that Wasikowska’s interest in the film has been more ambivalent. While she was an integral part to the huge 3-D spectacle that was Alice in Wonderland, the Australian actress might be more rooted in indie films. She’s recently received kudos for her part in Lisa Cholodenko’s The Kids are All Right and recently wrapped Jane Eyre for Focus Features and BBC Films. It’s not clear who else the studio is interested in. Lily Collins, the daughter in The Blind Side is said to have meet with the studio, too.

This rebooted Spider-Man is supposed to begin filming by the end of the year and is already scheduled for release in Summer 2012.
- Source
Emma Stone would be fantastic for Mary Jane and Mia Wasikowska is a great young actress. I have to say Sony is really doing a good job with some of their choices so far.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"