no sentinels outside the DR

Wolverini said:
Thats why im concidering NOT to post a review on this forum but to answer PM's of people who ask what they want to know. All I will say on this forum is wether or not Cyke's will live or die... Dont worry :)

Im not suprised ... was just sarcasm :p
And about my screening ... i'll be attending a Special Screening near the Amsterdam Arena ... yes , they will show X³ to the press here. :) So cant wait!

if i sent you a private message with questions, do you think you would be able to answer a few questions of mine? ill love you forever and ever!
--kittycat

I'm just happy I'll get to see a Sentinal in an X-men movie finally. Maybe in one of the sequels they'll play a bigger role.

TigerClaw said:
It doesn't bother me the fact the Sentinels will only be featured in the Danger Room, I think it makes perfect sense, The X-Men films were done in a real life fasion, Putting giant robots in that universe would not be believable, The X-Men movies are more about personal struggles rather then fighting giant robots or mutanted monsters. X-Men is all about people struggling with who they are and dealing with the consequences that happen afterward.

word

I love how Kindberg basically tells everyone how chopped up the scene was, just to relief anyone who believed that is was a full scene, lol

Anyways, like people are saying, in the X-men RL for the time being at least, giant robots seem a bit far fetched.......................just because they dont get used now outside DR don't expect thats the end.

Also consider how the X-men got the sentinel design in the 1st place for the DR, probably explianed in the X3 Official Game.
Perhaps Sentinels were too costly? (xmen govt)
I do wonder now how Trask's role plays out now

and lastly he didnt directly say sentinels werent outside the Danger Room :/

Wolverini said:
All I will say on this forum is wether or not Cyke's will live or die... Dont worry :)

That's all I wanna know, I'll be waiting! Thanks Wolverini!

Morgoth said:
I'm just happy I'll get to see a Sentinal in an X-men movie finally. Maybe in one of the sequels they'll play a bigger role.

I hope so. :( And at least hopefully there's a little bit more than what we have seen.

oh well, you win some, you lose some.

i hate the fact that they were wasted on a danger room scene, but i'm ok with the sentinels never appearing in the movies as a real menace. there are plenty of living villians to play with anyways.

i guess it would have been pretty hard to have a sentinel battle that would live up to fan expectations (smashing buildings, mutants getting beat down, and lots and lots of good CG) all the while not being stupid or cartoony.

Morgoth said:

Since the spin offs are prequels I find that hard to believe... Any time soon anyways...

This sucks,they belong out of the DR.It doesn't make any sense why Trask is in the movie.

i was kind of expecting those sentinels in teh final battle... sighs! :(

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

My biggest question, and I don't know if this has been brought up before, but why wouldn't it make sense to have the Sentinels actually outside of the Danger Room in this movie since X-Men: The Official Game has Sentinels and that takes place before The Last Stand? I know that movie video games always throw in stuff not related to the actual movies but how does that make sense that the X-Men would fight sentinels in the game but then they wouldn't even be created in the movies? Especially since the game is supposed to bridge what happens between X2 and X3.

Perhaps they won't show up, but will be known as a possible threat. Trask could want to release them, the DR will be a tease to us and the characters, it would be hinted at but at the end Trask will be shot down and like, arrested or something.

I'm fine with that. I have a feeling that Sentinels in the final act would eat up the budget and I'd rather they use the money to make sure the effects they need are top notch.

Why are there so many people freaking out? This was all but confirmed a long time ago.

strugler said:
bad news for all of us :(
kinberg just confirmed that the sentinels are in the danger room only
here is a part of his answer:

"1. You said that the sentinels are not a big part of the movie (I'm hoping you're just covering up for Ratner letting the cat out of the bad, but I doubt it). Why was that the direction you went? They were a big part of the script (early version according to Zak, they didn't have the money to make them) in X2, why not revist them with the budget you guys had (being bigger then the first two combined)?

*We didn’t feel they fit into the scope of our story. We have Phoenix, the cure, and a number of other subplots that felt more personal and emotional than giant robots. Don’t get me wrong, I love the Sentinels in the comics. But we didn’t think they fit the broader narrative of X3."

bad news for all of us sentinels fans
And there is my proof. Love Sentinels but I knew they couldn't be any where but the DR for this film.

Well I'm dissapointed. I think that this is the wrong place to introduce the sentinels. It gives people the wrong impression about their purpose. If they explain that they were an enemy they had faced before or something else explaining their origins eslewhere then that wouldn't be so bad.

Though if they are merely robots for the X-men to train against then they are not sentinels, just big robots for training. The sentinel isn't just a big robot. The sentinel programme has it's own history and purpose.

The Infernal said:
Well I'm dissapointed. I think that this is the wrong place to introduce the sentinels. It gives people the wrong impression about their purpose. If they explain that they were an enemy they had faced before or something else explaining their origins eslewhere then that wouldn't be so bad.

Though if they are merely robots for the X-men to train against then they are not sentinels, just big robots for training. The sentinel isn't just a big robot. The sentinel programme has it's own history and purpose.
It will explain it in the video game for us fans. Other than that I am sure the gerneral public either doesn't care or has no idea.

chaseter said:
It will explain it in the video game for us fans. Other than that I am sure the gerneral public either doesn't care or has no idea.

Though movie videogames aren't part of the official time-line. They're something that can always be ignored for future sequels.

Like you say the public will have no idea. Fans who watch it won't appreciate that much of a deviation from the source material and it misrepresents them to those who aren't.

The Infernal said:
Though movie videogames aren't part of the official time-line. They're something that can always be ignored for future sequels.

Like you say the public will have no idea. Fans who watch it won't appreciate that much of a deviation from the source material and it misrepresents them to those who aren't.
Incorrect. This is the official movie game and takes place between X2 and X3. Fox as well as every big wig working on this movie has said that the video game is an official part of these movies and will explain many questions that fans want answered...Why Nightcrawler isn't in X3 is one of those questions.

CapBeerCino said:
Since the spin offs are prequels I find that hard to believe... Any time soon anyways...
I said sequels, not the spinoffs, Lauren Shuler Donner already said they plan to do alot more. Hopefully people with more imagination and love for the books will start to make more faithful to the comic X-movies.

chaseter said:
Incorrect. This is the official movie game and takes place between X2 and X3. Fox as well as every big wig working on this movie has said that the video game is an official part of these movies and will explain many questions that fans want answered...Why Nightcrawler isn't in X3 is one of those questions.

Having people who worked on the film working on the game is hardly a precedent. It's happened before. Though they may have set it in the movieverse, that doesn't neccesarily make it part of that universe.

Think of it as the movieverse equivalent to Marvel's Ultimate Team-up. Though I'm not saying out right that it isn't. I just don't think it's likely that it will be considered as such. Though if they did do that then it would be a precedent and I would be happy.

The Infernal said:
Having people who worked on the film working on the game is hardly a precedent. It's happened before. Though they may have set it in the movieverse, that doesn't neccesarily make it part of that universe.

Think of it as the movieverse equivalent to Marvel's Ultimate Team-up. Though I'm not saying out right that it isn't. I just don't think it's likely that it will be considered as such. Though if they did do that then it would be a precedent and I would be happy.

We were talking about the timeline earlier. This game is and I repeat the "OFFICIAL" game for the movie verse. All the characters in the game that were in the movies have their likeliness as well as their voices I believe. It has been stated by Kinberg, etc... that the game is the events happening between X2 and X3 and will explain many things that fans want to know. Although the game might be a little more outlandish in action sequences or events, it is still set in the movieverse and follows the same aspects that the movies do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vortep88
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"