no sentinels outside the DR

TNC9852002 said:
Well, here is my reaction to this news:

patrickagain6gs4me.gif

-TNC

LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Personally, I don't think the sentinels serve any purpose to the plot of the story. Seeing them in the DR is enough for me.

Yea its not a major thing... but if they did use them in actual story, there needs to be some purpose to them other than action tools. I really dont mind either way either.

I thought that'd be the case before i even saw that clip. Just seemed like the danger room was a giant easter egg for the fans, so havin that and a sentinel in one would be fun.

I would rather them have a more active role as growing up they used to be a huge deal in the cartoons and to see them get this treatment sucks.

Ah well nothing i can do but wait to see this film which still looks cool by the way!

If the Sentinels don't have a big part in the story, then why have them in the Danger Room at all? Why train to fight against giant robots if you'll never encounter any?

So what is Trask talking about when he says, "You know what has to be done." ? Send in the troops? Pllllleeeeaaassseeeeeee, give me a break. That is stupid, oh well.

We already have the ultimate threat--the Dark Phoenix--bearing down upon our heroes. To have Sentinels in the final battle would only take the focus off her.

This will be fine.

Majmun said:
So what is Trask talking about when he says, "You know what has to be done." ? Send in the troops? Pllllleeeeaaassseeeeeee, give me a break. That is stupid, oh well.

and a complete rehash of X2.............:)

Well, here's hoping the Sentinels feature prominently in another movie. There is just way too much stuff from the comics to limit the franchise to only 3 movies.

Lightning Strikez! said:
We already have the ultimate threat--the Dark Phoenix--bearing down upon our heroes. To have Sentinels in the final battle would only take the focus off her.

This will be fine.

I definately agree with her er you. lol... Phoenix is DESTRUCTION!! Mauahaha. Im not a big fan of robots vs humans.

JokerNick said:
and a complete rehash of X2.............:)

It depends... seems to me Stryker was one dude hellbent on his own little vendetta. Isolated incident. This time looks like the government is rounding them up like cattle, and at some point may result in an order to kill them all. Its a delicate dynamic to keep it fresh... another reason why im worrying a bit about the film...this takes talent.

XCharlieX said:
It depends... seems to me Stryker was one dude hellbent on his own little vendetta. Isolated incident. This time looks like the government is rounding them up like cattle, and at some point may result in an order to kill them all. Its a delicate dynamic to keep it fresh... another reason why im worrying a bit about the film...this takes talent.

well we have scene soldiers vs. mutants before........... I think people are expecting a lil more this time......... I really think it would have been cool to see protype setinels fighting alongside soldiers against mutants........

and the thing is too, we don't know why trask is after the mutants...... we first had politicians, then soldiers, and now........ more soldiers...... Ijust am gonna to find it unbelievable that after a handful of mutants took down a hole regiem of soldiers in X2, that they will send soldiers out after a greater number of mutants, seems like the goverment should have thought their plan out more

"you know what we have to do" Trask

"yes, lets do what we did last time, send out the soldiers" President

I think it would have been very cool to have the president be like "soldiers are inifective against theses mutants"

then trask is like "we solved that problem Mr President, we have developed the "ultimate" solution, to the mutant epidemitic, it was started by Willam sryker, he called it project w....... (forget what it was called), but I call them "sentinels"

Fair enough... but personally i wouldnt mind if it were just soldiers again.. as its simply the final confrontation all the same, but without robots.

DarknessOfDeath said:
I definately agree with her er you. lol... Phoenix is DESTRUCTION!! Mauahaha. Im not a big fan of robots vs humans.

Well, I think my avatar is kind of a clue as to where I stabd with Robots vs. Humans. But besides that, the X-Men characters are not humans though, they're mutants imbued with powers so it could work.

Simon hasn't said there won't be sentinels in the final battle, guys, only they aren't a big part, so either a very very very little part, that would be if they only appear in the DR, so, I think there will be a few of them at the end.

Lightning Strikez! said:

This will be fine.

But what of the human element? They won't have a presence in the end, short of soldiers?

I don't sentinels will show up in the end.....if they show up in the Dr and end that would be a little wierd and need explaination...and i think they shouldn't made the sentinel that big..i always invisioned somewhat like the robot from the Judge dredd movie..that was cool..some thing like the x2 sketches

Nathan said:
If the Sentinels don't have a big part in the story, then why have them in the Danger Room at all? Why train to fight against giant robots if you'll never encounter any?
I'm totally agree with that , it will be so strange if xavier explain that is just a big bad robot for training , because xavier love robot ? I believe they appears at the end , i mean , the sentinel of trask.

Sentinels could really end the movie quickly. They'd just have to stomp on all the muties and humans fairly quick. Wham. End of story. Sentinels rule the world. Similar to why Xavier is dying -- he's so damn powerful he could end the movie before the third act even begins.

If they were ever to have a storyline with Sentinels, They would also have to include Master Mold, Whose an AI that controls the Sentinels.

Sentinels play a part in the video game, which "officially" tie X2 to X3, right?

Also, plugging in "sentinels" on the official film site turns up an entry alluding to the fact that they exist outside of the Danger Room.

I think they'll appear at the end, due to the whole mutants battling thing...
Humans get scared (Sh**, they wrecked a national landmark!) and the gov't calls in the Sentinels to wreck shop, setting up for future flicks.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

TigerClaw said:
If they were ever to have a storyline with Sentinels, They would also have to include Master Mold, Whose an AI that controls the Sentinels.

Isn't that like a Sentinel too? A device that Trask builds that essentially is the Alpha Sentinel? I mean the Mastermold eventually informs the Sentinels to form their own identity and I believe the Mastermold kills Trask in the progress. Could be wrong, though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"