• Secure your account

    A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

  • Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

no videogame for the xbox,ps2,gamecube, or 360!?

myfingershurt

Civilian
Joined
Apr 17, 2005
Messages
181
Reaction score
0
Points
11
So they are going to make a game for the PSP, but not on any of the other platforms? (this is on the front page) It's going to be called 300: March to Glory. There's nothing wrong with the PSP, for a handheld platform, but it doesn't have nearly the same amount of graphical potential as the other consoles. Does Warner Brothers plan on making much money with this game? If so, then releasing the game on the PSP only is a mistake. Sorry for the rant, but i'm actually excited to see this movie, and i've always thought that it would make a great videogame... oh yeah, and i dont have a PSP.
 
I agree. They should release it for atleast playstation 2 and 3.
 
How can there be a game when the ending is that you lose
 
I think its stupid, this movie doesnt need a game. Just like Godfather didnt need a game. Some movies are meant not to have games.
 
can someone pm me the ending to the book, to see if its accurate?
i'm a history major, and really love the Second Persian War.
 
SpeedballLives said:
can someone pm me the ending to the book, to see if its accurate?
i'm a history major, and really love the Second Persian War.

I pretty much said it in the "What the hell is 300?" thread. From what I've heard, with the exception of the traitor to the Spartans, it's pretty accurate.
 
sithgoblin said:
How can there be a game when the ending is that you lose

king kong died in the end. The game was very short, but it was still a good game. with all the extra power in the 360 and PS3, there should be tons of onscreen fightets (ala Dead Rising) to make an incredibly epic war game.
 
Cool, I'll rent it sooner or later

but Yeah, the 300 game should be on all next gen consoles. But I got a PSP so I might get it.
 
Oh yeah, we're talking HUGE ancient battles here. Greeks, Spartans, Romans, Barbarians, Amazons, beasts, etc/.
And you have to use real strategy too, gotta block with the shield, counter, roll, etc.
Button mash and you're lost.
 
Gammy v.2 said:
Oh yeah, we're talking HUGE ancient battles here. Greeks, Spartans, Romans, Barbarians, Amazons, beasts, etc/.
And you have to use real strategy too, gotta block with the shield, counter, roll, etc.
Button mash and you're lost.

Awsome, Ive been thinking I should get it and try it out.
 
Gammy v.2 said:
You all should try Spartan: Total Warrior for the ps2, xbox or gc.
Pretty damn good :up:


Hell y es! That game was tonnes of fun. It takes liberties with mythology but when you have as many epic set pieces as this, who cares?

They actually use Medusa as a weapon of mass destruction...as you and your army of a hundred or so men are battling, a blast from her vision (magnified in a way i cant quite remember) engulfs the battlefield and encases all caught in it's wake in stone :up:


I hope this game is half as good as this.

I dont care about it only being on PSP; if you don't like it, get a psp.

But the psp needs some good , exclusive games for it.
 
Darthphere said:
I think its stupid, this movie doesnt need a game. Just like Godfather didnt need a game. Some movies are meant not to have games.

I agree! A game of the this movie is like having a game on Titanic with leo and kate being the main characters. The only reason I could think about this game being created is to give the player the honor of dying Brave Patriotic death??
 
herakles said:
I agree! A game of the this movie is like having a game on Titanic with leo and kate being the main characters. The only reason I could think about this game being created is to give the player the honor of dying Brave Patriotic death??


IT'S FULL OF BIG ****ING BLOODY BATTLES WITH HUNDREDS OF TROOPS.

If you can't see the appeal for a videogame, and compare it to a game on titanic, then you have NO CLUE what the videogame industry is about.
 
Horrorfan said:
IT'S FULL OF BIG ****ING BLOODY BATTLES WITH HUNDREDS OF TROOPS.

If you can't see the appeal for a videogame, and compare it to a game on titanic, then you have NO CLUE what the videogame industry is about.


So they should make Saving Private Ryan the video game?
 
Horrorfan said:
IT'S FULL OF BIG ****ING BLOODY BATTLES WITH HUNDREDS OF TROOPS.

If you can't see the appeal for a videogame, and compare it to a game on titanic, then you have NO CLUE what the videogame industry is about.

Yeah, but it would probably just come off as a Dynasty Warriors rip-off.
 
Darthphere said:
So they should make Saving Private Ryan the video game?

It's called 'Medal of Honour'.

Google it.

I dunno if you noticed, but there have been a lot of videogames based on real life conflicts. Crazy I know.
 
Horrorfan said:
It's called 'Medal of Honour'.

Google it.

I dunno if you noticed, but there have been a lot of videogames based on real life conflicts. Crazy I know.


Good job avoiding the question. Should they make a game on the actual movie, title like that and base it directly off the movie?
 
Darthphere said:
Good job avoiding the question. Should they make a game on the actual movie, title like that and base it directly off the movie?

well why not?

The first level of medal of honour frontline was more or lessed based on it, even had involvement from stephen spielberg.


Titanic? No. Most Disney films? No.

But you can't be blind to see that action films, even based on real events, have potential to be videogames. I don't see how you can't:confused:
 
Horrorfan said:
well why not?

The first level of medal of honour frontline was more or lessed based on it, even had involvement from stephen spielberg.


Titanic? No. Most Disney films? No.

But you can't be blind to see that action films, even based on real events, have potential to be videogames. I don't see how you can't:confused:


Oh ok. *waits for Schindler's List the game*
 
Darthphere said:
Oh ok. *waits for Schindler's List the game*
HAHAHA THAT'S RAD HAHAHA
Hey how about Bill and Ted's adventure videogame??? Or better yet Broke Back Mountain videogame:eek: :eek:
 
Darthphere said:
Oh ok. *waits for Schindler's List the game*


That's stupid.

Have you SEEN either movie?

SPR = action movie with WW2 realism.

SL isn't even in the same league....you'd be a tard to even suggest it.

It's like comparing Return of the Living Dead with the Passion of Christ since it both has people who come back from the dead.

Good job of avoiding how Spielberg was involved in the MOH game though, and at the same time as the movie. Skillfully avoided like a matador mate :up:
 
Horrorfan said:
That's stupid.

Have you SEEN either movie?

SPR = action movie with WW2 realism.

SL isn't even in the same league....you'd be a tard to even suggest it.

It's like comparing Return of the Living Dead with the Passion of Christ since it both has people who come back from the dead.

Good job of avoiding how Spielberg was involved in the MOH game though, and at the same time as the movie. Skillfully avoided like a matador mate :up:


Yeah, its a wonder, Spielberg made a whole WWII game but didnt base it off his own movie, I wonder....oh yeah because the movie is way too serious to be a game. Thanks for calling me a tard though, just proves I got under your skin.
 
Darthphere said:
Yeah, its a wonder, Spielberg made a whole WWII game but didnt base it off his own movie, I wonder....oh yeah because the movie is way too serious to be a game. Thanks for calling me a tard though, just proves I got under your skin.


Er.....

let me get this straight.

The movie is too serious to be made into a game...but the actual, real conflict isn't?:confused:


Just go to google, type in Spielberg and Medal Of Honour. Hell he is making his OWN WW2 videogame, which you may have heard if you follow gaming news (which I doubt you do).

PWNED.


I would bet money you haven't played any world war 2 game if you think they are arcade blasters with no respect for the history behind it.

Like I say, no clue about the games industry. Go into the games forum and ask about world war 2 games.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"