No Way Home No Way Home Box Office Predictions & Discussion Thread

If those 500m+ global projections hold, this could hit a billion by Christmas eve

”AMC Theatres said Friday the latest installment of the Spiderman franchise has set AMC box office records for December. The company said "Spider-Man: No Way Home," which opened last night across the U.S., was the highest-grossing film on its opening night for a December opening with about 1.1 million people seeing it at AMC cinemas.”

We got a monster on our hands.

With a 95-ish% RT score, and excellent audience WOM, this is gonna be massive.

If this can secure a China release and Omicron calms down a little, this can push 2 billion. The WOM and critics reception is that good.

Out of the gate, Spider-Man: No Way Home gets 5 stars on Comscore/Screen Engine’s PostTrak from general audiences and a massive 95% positive rating. Spider-Man: No Way Home‘s Thursday night crowd (and we do mean that) was 65% men, 35% women. Men under 25 led at 38% (best grade with 98%), men under 25 were 27% (95% grade), women under 25 were 21% (94% grade) while women over 25 repped 14% (88% grade). Spidey pulled in 33% Caucasian, 33% Hispanic and Latino, 17% Black, and 13% Asian. The 18-34 moviegoing demo represented a huge 75% of last night’s tickets sales.

We're dealing with a monster!

Denmark looking like closing movie theaters and I can see capacity limits being introduced in Finland after this weekend as well. I'm seeing this on Sunday at the Covid capital of my region and i'm considering wearing a mask during the movie. I wore one outside the theater room when I went to see Eternals but took it of inside the room. They require Covid pass just to enter the premises but I might not want to risk it with the Omicron running rampant here. Got a little side tracked there but I expect this movie to do huge opening weekend number all over the world and then get hit big time by Covid restrictions.

We got a monster on our hands.

With a 95-ish% RT score, and excellent audience WOM, this is gonna be massive.

It will definitely exceed the $200M mark tomorrow. The real question is how steep will that Sunday drop be or will it be mild due to the Christmas holidays.

Chances are this thing is a bit front loaded because of COVID/MCU but it's still going to be super big. I am curious about it's legs going forward because the Transformer is coming harder. But even without China, this movie should easily end up the highest grossing Spidey. Which considering the pandemic, is an Amazing feat.

This new variant is a worry. Wales (UK Nation) has reimpose social distancing and Republic Of Ireland is closing cinemas until 30th January.

BOT insiders are saying 120m Friday. Way above the 100m projection of deadline.

Have to imagine the Cinemascore will easily be an A, with an A+ score not being out of the realm of possibility.

$122.3m Friday according to the bean counters at BOT, we might see Infinity War's OW go down.

My God.

$122.3m Friday according to the bean counters at BOT, we might see Infinity War's OW go down.

My God.

The theater I work at told me today the WHOLE DAY will be like last night (which was crazy busy). Yesterday business was pretty manageable until after 5.

I do think Infinity War's o.w. ranking will fall. $250M opening weekend is definitely in the cards if Saturday matinees are robust.

Don't wanna jinx it but I think IW is going down. Probably looking at 260-270. Which means this could've been our second 300m opener under normal circumstances. Mad

Last edited:
I'm seeing a lot of cancellations for my screening tomorrow afternoon. It was at around 317 available seats out of 446 a couple of days ago and now it's jumped to 349. Today evening's screenings have very few seats bought too. I think the European BO is going to take a hit, at least in the Nordic countries. Definitely after this weekend.

What a JUGGERNAUT. It deserves every penny. I’m going to see it again soon i just need to let it marinate a little but this is amazing news! Go Spidey go!

You know things are busy when there's a waiting line to access your Regal Cinema Crown Club account on their website.

About a 73-74m Saturday according to BOT.

Photo finish to Infinity War's OW record.

Last edited:
‘Spider-Man: No Way Home’ Swinging To 3rd Best Domestic Opening Ever With $253M+ Overtaking ‘Force Awakens’; Is ‘Infinity War’ Next?
Deadline is projection 253m+.

Like I said, photo finish with IW.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"