No Way Home No Way Home Box Office Predictions & Discussion Thread

I said this is The Force Awakens 2.0 back in August and people called me crazy

You're absolutely right. I expect a TFA sized hold over the next few weeks due to the Christmas holidays. I'm going to make the drops a bit larger to accommodate for the pandemic and such.

Opening weekend: $253M domestic
Christmas Day weekend: $129M (-49%)
New Year's Day weekend: $70.9M (-45%)
1/7/22 weekend: $31.9M (-55%)
1/14/22 weekend: $19M (-40%)

Let's assume NWH has a smaller multiple than TFA, like 3.33X opening weekend. That would put it at a likely $842M domestic haul, unless it tumbles big time after the New Year. Even a final $700M domestic number is a MASSIVE win for Sony and Marvel.

Have to imagine the Cinemascore will easily be an A, with an A+ score not being out of the realm of possibility.
Anything below that would be a shock at this point.

My goodness. That Venom / Spider-man movie is gonna make a lot of money. They were the 2 biggest openings of the pandemic.

I would temper expectations for the Boxoffice run for this going forward, the Omicron variant is about to send us back to 2020 level restrictions. But it will have already made about a billion by the time that happens

An absolutely staggering amount of money. This thing is obliterating the box office.

I would temper expectations for the Boxoffice run for this going forward, the Omicron variant is about to send us back to 2020 level restrictions. But it will have already made about a billion by the time that happens

Which is why I haven't felt like this would be a 2+ billion movie.

It’s going to blow past Far From Home’s total and that was right on the heels of Endgame. Shows how much of a draw the returning characters were

Great news for theaters!

Great news in general, but I still wanna know what you had for breakfast. :cwink:

I'm going to a matinee tomorrow at a Cinemark XD theater. There are a lot of seats still available and no one is sitting up front where I always sit. I think the LA theater scene is depressed because you have to show proof of full vaccination before you can even get in. Fine with me.

Probably a good scene this thing has strong legs. A lot of people didn’t want to go opening weekend because of the crowds and covid.

Probably a good scene this thing has strong legs. A lot of people didn’t want to go opening weekend because of the crowds and covid.

Yeah my buddy has tickets for the 30th.

One could say this movie has 8 legs

I mean after an opening like this how can Sony and marvel not continue their sharing deal and also Sony not throw whatever amount of money at Holland to keep him as spider-man for at-least 3 more years.

My goodness. That Venom / Spider-man movie is gonna make a lot of money. They were the 2 biggest openings of the pandemic.

Sony is all the sudden sitting really pretty in the comic-book movie game

I mean after an opening like this how can Sony and marvel not continue their sharing deal and also Sony not throw whatever amount of money at Holland to keep him as spider-man for at-least 3 more years.
Arrogance. Sony’s had a few hits with Venom even if the quality is bad. So they’ll think they don’t need Marvel anymore.

Arrogance. Sony’s had a few hits with Venom even if the quality is bad. So they’ll think they don’t need Marvel anymore.

I really hope not, the co marvel projects with spider man are really good and while venom 1 and 2 made money you definitely see a dip in quality when feige isn't around. I think morbius is a real big test for sony next month

Charlie from BOT is saying 64m Sunday for 260m

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"