First Avenger Non American Fans of Captain America

I co-created an Ireland themed super hero for a webcomic once. His name was "Captain ****-You-Britain." He was an alcoholic soccer hooligan who wore an Irish flag as a bandana/mask, a kevlar vest, and carried around a titanium baseball bad. I believe he was living in the U.S. to avoid Irish authorities.

We don't have "soccer hooligans" here... or baseball. :oldrazz:

THAT's the guy I was talking about. I had a couple issues of that myself.
CaptainCanuck4.jpg

There is already a really bad character called Captain Canuck... he's been around since I was a kid.

How could you compete with John Byrne's design for Vindicator/Guardian?
VINDIC1.jpg

Wasn't Tarantula supposed to be Mexico's Captain America at some point?

I grew up with Marvel and DC comics during the late 80's - early 90's. I come from Greece but American comics were (and are) VERY popular. Superman, Batman, Spiderman, The Hulk, they were all based in America but they would appeal more easily to Europeans.

Captain America has the name of his county! Can a non-American relate to him? I say it is possible, I know I did. The thing is, IMO, his character and his beliefs are global: He is an everybody who gets the chance to serve his country and be somebody, representing values and universal truths: Honor, patriotism, heroism, humility, etc. He embodies an idealistic America, that's why he is often portrayed as having trouble adjusting in the USA of today.

I like both his 616 and his Ultimates version and it's good to see that the movie seems to be a combination of them both. I, for one, am eager to watch the movie - those new pictures REALLY peaked my interest.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"