First Avenger Non American Fans of Captain America

Funny, looking at the menu...its basically like most regular bars/restuarants here. Are the dishes on this menu quite common or is this type of food a novelty?

Lol, no, they are named after him. He's on the logo.

captainamericarestaurant2.jpg

One in each of Cork, Dublin and Tallaght, I think.

I suddenly have an overwhelming urge to go to Ireland:yay:

Thanks Shivsguy616 for sharing, this place looks awesome.:up:

Surfer

Funny, looking at the menu...its basically like most regular bars/restuarants here. Are the dishes on this menu quite common or is this type of food a novelty?

It's pretty normal food. It's basically dressed up to be "American diner-ish", hence theres no dirth of burgers or steaks. For a comparison, most restaurants here tend to have more options like pastas and curries. So, its a limited menu, to stick to the style of the place, but I wouldn't call it a novelty.

Thing is, you could wrap Cap in the flag of any western country and he's still work as a character. Wait a minute...that's already been done.

captain-britain.jpg

250px-Alpha_flight_89_guardian.jpg

Last edited:
I'd say most people my age in the UK know Captain America from the 90's Spider-Man cartoon.

Or perhaps you meant this piece of shamefully idiotic propaganda! :whatever: Just... awful.

cpt-euro.gif

Ah, my boy Guardian. How I wish he had been utilized better. BB, did you ever seethat CG model of Captain Britain someone posted around this board somewhere? It was pure badassery.

I always wondered why they never changed his name to Captain Canada. His original name was Vindicator and they changed that, so why not go with something more appropriate and original? Hey, it's even alliterative!

CaptainCanuck4.jpg

There is already a really bad character called Captain Canuck... he's been around since I was a kid.

How could you compete with John Byrne's design for Vindicator/Guardian?
VINDIC1.jpg

I think YOU mean... wait... um, no... just no. :dry:
ci2.png

I co-created an Ireland themed super hero for a webcomic once. His name was "Captain ****-You-Britain." He was an alcoholic soccer hooligan who wore an Irish flag as a bandana/mask, a kevlar vest, and carried around a titanium baseball bad. I believe he was living in the U.S. to avoid Irish authorities.

I always wondered why they never changed his name to Captain Canada. His original name was Vindicator and they changed that, so why not go with something more appropriate and original? Hey, it's even alliterative!

Actually he was Guardian then his wife became Vindicator then he came back and became Vindicator and I think he is back as Guardian and his wife is back as Vindicator.

Actually, he was Vindicator first... in his first appearance in X-men. When Alpha Flight got their own comic... he changed his handle to Guardian then.

CaptainCanuck4.jpg

There is already a really bad character called Captain Canuck... he's been around since I was a kid.
I still have a bunch of those.

Yeah, he was Vindicator first. I was aware of Captain Canuck, but that name still isn't Captain Canada. Marvel needs to run and grab that copyright before it's too late.

I remember getting the first and second issue back in the early 80s... at that time, I was thinking he was a pretty cool character. :rolleyes:

Yeah, he was Vindicator first. I was aware of Captain Canuck, but that name still isn't Captain Canada. Marvel needs to run and grab that copyright before it's too late.

That's right I had forgotten about the Xmen issues. I actually own 121.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vortep88
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"