Nothing Can Stop The Klaw! - Andy Serkis As Ulysses Klaw

As for why a sonic cannon, note that this version of Klaw isn't a super scientist, he's an arms dealer. So, if necessary, you can go with "I wanted a replacement hand with onboard weaponry, and the best option available from my underworld mad science contacts was a sonic cannon". You don't *have* to justify why he would make a sonic cannon, since he's not making it, some unimportant genius for hire made it.

That said, a sonic cannon isn't a *bad* pick, since there's a lot of superhuman who may be fast or tough, but still need to hear, and can be screwed with if their ear suddenly is causing them pain and/or vertigo. If the volume can be pumped up to "turn concrete into pulp", that's just a bonus.

Also a conceivable way to hurt the protagonist even when he's in the suit. Unless he has vibranium earmuffs.

As for why a sonic cannon, note that this version of Klaw isn't a super scientist, he's an arms dealer. So, if necessary, you can go with "I wanted a replacement hand with onboard weaponry, and the best option available from my underworld mad science contacts was a sonic cannon". You don't *have* to justify why he would make a sonic cannon, since he's not making it, some unimportant genius for hire made it.

That said, a sonic cannon isn't a *bad* pick, since there's a lot of superhuman who may be fast or tough, but still need to hear, and can be screwed with if their ear suddenly is causing them pain and/or vertigo. If the volume can be pumped up to "turn concrete into pulp", that's just a bonus.

Tony mentioned that Klaw was working on something really big in Age of Ultron. They were probably hinting at the sonic cannon.

Also a conceivable way to hurt the protagonist even when he's in the suit. Unless he has vibranium earmuffs.

He does. He keeps them next to the shark repellent on his utility belt. Wait...

In ATL filming.
C33DwEHVYAAnkNz.jpg

The glorious neckbeard hair returns.

Someone proposed an interesting idea. They took away Klaw's role as T'Chaka's murderer, but what if they try to provide some connection by having him be the one who sold the bomb to Zemo? Especially since he's an arms dealer.

Someone proposed an interesting idea. They took away Klaw's role as T'Chaka's murderer, but what if they try to provide some connection by having him be the one who sold the bomb to Zemo? Especially since he's an arms dealer.

That would be cool. It's weird how they removed basically all the personal connections between Klaw and BP...

Movie Klaws 19th century ancestor was killed by a Wakandan king and he was branded on his neck with the word thief by the current Wakandan authorities.

Sonic cannon confirmed.

In the comics, Klaue’s weapon was a sonic emitter he used as a prosthetic for his missing arm. In this film, he attaches a piece of advanced Wakandan mining equipment as his arm-cannon — which is presumably what led the CIA and Black Panther to capture him. In this shot, we can see the limb has been taken from him.

The guys at Double Toasted want Klaw to be completely racist. They're talking about Apartheid-level racism. Note that the guys at Double Toasted are black, but they want Klaw as a character to really be putting down everything about Africans to make him a completely detestable villain.

Is this something people would like to see in Klaw?

And you'd have to watch the video on YouTube to get the context and tone of the interview before people jump to conclusions that the Double Toasted guys are racist themselves. I can't post it because it has a lot of bad language (as do all their reviews). Just search "Double Toasted Black Panther trailer review".

Klaw has a specific agenda in the MCU. Let's stick to that. I wish people wouldn't feel so freaking entitled with this movie like it owes them something...

From just that teaser alone - Serkis looks like he is going make one memorable villain. He projects the essence of villainy so well.

Klaw has a specific agenda in the MCU. Let's stick to that. I wish people wouldn't feel so freaking entitled with this movie like it owes them something...

People are acting no differently than they did with Wonder Woman or to be honest any other big comic book movie. Fans always have things that they want to see in these movies.

From just that teaser alone - Serkis looks like he is going make one memorable villain. He projects the essence of villainy so well.

Yep, I was thinking that. Really looking forward to seeing him get a chance to show what he can do here and I like all the clips of him so far.

I doubt klaw will be a overt racist. I think he will just be a greedy scumbag with a grudge.

People are acting no differently than they did with Wonder Woman or to be honest any other big comic book movie. Fans always have things that they want to see in these movies.

No one had racial or political demands from WW. Suddenly a Black Panther movie comes out and people think it should change the world. The movie owes fans nothing. And Klaw won't be a racist, he will be a mercenary soldier of fortune like he should be

No one had racial or political demands from WW.

How would people have racial "demands" for WW? She's white like 99% of the other superhero leads in movies. It's disingenuous to suggest that there weren't women who wanted to see specific things from the first movie starring the world's most famous female superhero, though.

Suddenly a Black Panther movie comes out and people think it should change the world.

Just like many women were excited about WW for obvious reasons, the same thing applies to BP. Going on about these "demands" is just you taking this a bit too seriously. No one is organizing marches and protests over this movie. Like Wylie Times said fans always express what they hope to see in movies...and they are perfectly free to do so.

Yeah, no-one is making demands. If you watch the tone of that Double Toasted trailer review, it's all very light hearted. They're just saying things they would like to see. They acknowledge that Klaw probably won't go in that direction, but that it's just a wish. No sense of entitlement there.

Klaw's tone really reminds me of the joker for some reason.

I doubt klaw will be a overt racist. I think he will just be a greedy scumbag with a grudge.

I think that's the best portrayal of the character. That being said, there's some precedent in Hudlin's run if they wanted to go down that route.

No one had racial or political demands from WW. Suddenly a Black Panther movie comes out and people think it should change the world. The movie owes fans nothing. And Klaw won't be a racist, he will be a mercenary soldier of fortune like he should be

This is just wrong on both accounts.

The director of Wonder Woman made it a point to tell fans who had concerns that Themyscira would be racially diverse

And I don't know what rock you were living under where you could have possibly missed the "Political demands" being placed on the Wonder Woman film. At one point the U.N. was going to make Wonder Woman an honorary Ambassador for the Empowerment of Women and Girls

And I'm not even going to waste my energy posting any links to articles about the Wonder Woman film (and it's success) being important because there are literally thousands of them that you can easily find.

If you don't care about the larger meaning of a Black Panther film that's fine, but stop going from thread to thread lecturing Black people about being "entitled", "demanding", and telling us how we should feel about the movie.

You're acting as if the filmmakers themselves don't realize the importance of the film

Kevin Feige:

"It’s really exciting that this part of the universe is so unbelievably diverse and looks unlike any of the other films that we’ve made. The cast looks different than any of the other casts that we’ve had. Both in front of and behind the camera, it’s almost entirely people of color, which I think is a special, important thing, and one of the reasons the film will be unique and as great as I think it’s going to be.”

Source

Black Panther will be the FIRST film with a predominantly black cast, black director, black screenwriter, and black executive producer to receive a $100+ budget and be treated as a studio tent pole film. That has NEVER happened before, so yeah, people are going to be very invested in the film and it's success, because of what it could possibly mean for black people in film moving forward.

Like I said, if you don't care about any of that stuff that's fine, just stop with the condescending lectures to black people about how we should feel about the movie.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
picamon
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"