Nova

superman-mos

Civilian
Reaction score
I got the new Nova mini yesterday and it starting out really good,love the new design of his outfit and I'm really glad to see him being used in a major way.I think Marvel should give him his own series after this.Anyone else reading it?

I only really like Nova when he was in the New Warriors (R.I.P.)

Nova is kicking ass so far. I was upset that they destroyed Xandar in the Annihilation Prologue one-shot, but it's set up a great story. So far it's my favorite of the minis, though I think the Silver Surfer one may overtake it when the ex-heralds start coming together.

The creative team rocks, too. I've liked Abnett and Lanning for a while because of Majestic, and Kev Walker is a great and sorely underutilized penciler.

I like Nova better when he isn't a Green Lantern clone. When he's the last Xanderian (sp) or whatever appeals to me more.

Everybody's a rip-off of somebody at this stage, so I don't really mind either way. The Nova mini's a good read, which is good enough for me. :up:

I always thought Quasar fit better into th' GL ripoff title. But, then again, I didn't even know about th' Nova Corps.

Most people didn't. Ironically, now that Kyle has become Ion, he's kind of a Quasar rip-off. The Guardians are his Eon in a way, watching him as he evolves, and if the subtitle of the book is any indication, he'll be taking responsibility for the whole universe on his shoulders.

This is my favorite of the Annihilation minis so far, kind of impresses me since it was the one I was lest looking forward too.

The first issues of both the Silver Surfer and Nova minis were good enough for me to stick with them, it's nice seeing some new Marvel Cosmic stories after all this time. I decided not to look at the Ronan and Superskull minis, but I might if anyone who has can tell me if there's anything special going on with them

Nova's been the best IMO of the 4 minis. Ronan has sucked the most :(

Elijya said:
The first issues of both the Silver Surfer and Nova minis were good enough for me to stick with them, it's nice seeing some new Marvel Cosmic stories after all this time. I decided not to look at the Ronan and Superskull minis, but I might if anyone who has can tell me if there's anything special going on with them

Pretty much the same here, though I gave both of them a look over and saw nothing special really.

SouLeSS said:
Nova's been the best IMO of the 4 minis. Ronan has sucked the most :(

I agree with this. Ronin was by far the least satisfying of them all.

I thought Super-skrull was ok, but nothing special. Good enough to get me to buy the next issue. I'm still debating whether to even bother with Ronin #2. I want the whole event, but frankly the first issue of Ronin was a little boring and it seemed a bit rushed.

Nova rocks. He really needs some more exposure in the mainstream MU. He would be a good addition to the Avengers (or God willing, a reboot of New Warriors).

Wizard suggested he'd be a good Avengers addition in this month's issue, and I'm inclined to agree. He'd be the fourth Avengers-New Warriors transfer

Hes part of ym Cosmic avengers team.

heh, sorry, I honestly didn't know what you meant, thought it was an acronym for something

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"