Novelization different? And the return of Kinberg and Penn?

crappymovie

Civilian
Reaction score
These are questions from other fans:
Just wondering, for those that read the novel, were there any "suprises" left? Did they change the ending of the novel, like they did for X2, to avoid spoilers?

And does anyone know if the writers really made any changes to the script reviewed by AICN like they said they did? Speaking of possible lies, where are Kinberg and Penn? Why did they stop answering questions?

Not many surprises left.

Not many changes to the AICN script.

And Kinberg and Penn stopped answering questions after the reveal that Cyclops really died.

Fans called them on their deception over at the xverse. Kinberg made an apologetic post, talking about how he and Penn were the victims of big bad Fox, and they did what we could.

Ted locked the threads, saying he'd re-open them on the 26th.

I highly doubt that.

We've heard the last from Kinberg and Penn over on the xverse.

Ted locked the forum, and I doubt they will come back to explain their decisions to us.

Even though I'd really like to hear their explanations for all of the untruths they've told us.

I think what was worse was that a lot of people actually believed them.

Now with all the more mixed buzz and reaction coming out they are taking this "We had to do what Fox told us to do! PARAMETERS!" attitude.

There is gonna be a lot for them to "answer" for, so i wouldnt be surprised if they avoid Xverse.

In addition Ratner/Bruno are gonna have to answer for phoenix

TheVileOne said:
I think what was worse was that a lot of people actually believed them.

Now with all the more mixed buzz and reaction coming out they are taking this "We had to do what Fox told us to do! PARAMETERS!" attitude.

For once, I agree with you.

They talked up a big game about how this movie was awesome, and certain concerns we had were unwarranted.

Now those concerns are confirmed, and then they take the "parameters, we did the best we could" attitude.

I think all of this would have been a lot better if they just said "We're sorry, but yes, we had to kill of Cyclops in the movie"... it had been revealed to us once already through the AICN script, so it's not like it was really a spoiler anymore.

Instead, they had to decieve us by saying much has been changed since that script review, and that Cyclops has some surprises. What a load of bull****.

The way I see it is if FOX expect Fans to be happy & will want Kinberg & Penn to do future X Sequels those Two will have to step up to the plate & do alot of explaining to us fans & why they chosed to outright lie to us. I can not see fans being happy with either of them working on future X Sequels. I know I wont be. I can get over my favorite Characters dying but being out right lied to by Two of the Writers of this Movie is a completely other thing & I know I will never let this go & I will be pissed if they are chosen to do future X-Men Movies

Can someone inform me what they outright lied about and do you have actual proof of it?

Maybe they didn't lie, but people took what they said and manipulating it to mean what they thought was the truth.

They said things like

That Fans will be happy with how each Characters Story finishes

They assured fans that plenty of things were changed from the Script that AICNs Script Review

They promised Cyclops fans that they would be happy in the end with how his Story finishes

Stuff like that no manipulating anything

I am sure there are alot more exambles but these are the ones at the top of my head

GothicPowerMix1 said:
They said things like

That Fans will be happy with how each Characters Story finishes

They assured fans that plenty of things were changed from the Script that AICNs Script Review

They promised Cyclops fans that they would be happy in the end with how his Story finishes

Stuff like that no manipulating anything

I am sure there are alot more exambles but these are the ones at the top of my head

Ok, well that's not really lying. There's no assurance that Cyclops was NOT going to die early. There's no assurance that Cyclops would come back and fight and be a major character.

And maybe they really did think people would be happy how all the stories are finished.

TheVileOne said:
And maybe they really did think people would be happy how all the stories are finished.

"cough" look at the Rouge & Cyclops Fans :o & I am sure the die hard Jean Fans will be mad that she dies AGAIN

GothicPowerMix1 said:
"cough" look at the Rouge & Cyclops Fans :o & I am sure the die hard Jean Fans will be mad that she dies AGAIN

Dude I am a Rogue and Cyclops fans. And I still don't see any outright lies.

Perhaps they misled some people, but lying is still a stretch.

I'm more annoyed that posters here specifically let themselves be misled.

It's almost to the point where Kinberg and Penn should of never done those Q and As.

I'm grateful that they did, it was nice. But now, looking back, they had to a PR schtick when it came to Cyclops: It's all vague answers, full of empty excitement.

In fact, I think that they kind of ruin their own reputations (like they care...) because of what they said.

TheVileOne said:
Can someone inform me what they outright lied about and do you have actual proof of it?

Maybe they didn't lie, but people took what they said and manipulating it to mean what they thought was the truth.

well the "only 30 seconds was cut from the film" is an outright lie, because we can see more than 30 seconds of cut footage in the various clips.

They probably shouldn't have. Especially if it got like on the Xverse forums as other people said.

But it's hilarious how for months people would use their Xverse crap as ammo in their arguments against mine. When all of it turned out to be BS.

Dear me... it's like the 'let's slit our wrists' forum here!

How many have seen the movie? And how many are climbing on the negativity carousel? I'll wait until I've seen it first thanks! And I'll rewatch X1 and X2 and sit through the god-awful moments in those just to give myself some perspective ('What's a magneto?' bleurgh!)!!!

Seriously guys.. lighten up... and read the serenity prayer!

GothicPowerMix1 said:
Misled = nice word for lying & they did it so they can get Fans in the Seats Opening Weekend.

I guess so. But once again, people let themselves be misled by the writers of XXX2, Fantastic Four, and Elektra.

All you guys bought into the PR smokescreen campaign.

TheVileOne said:
I guess so. But once again, people let themselves be misled by the writers of XXX2, Fantastic Four, and Elektra.

All you guys bought into the PR smokescreen campaign.

Name a perfect comicbook adaptation, a perfect superhero movie. Then get everyone else in the entire world to agree with you...

It's not possible. All of them deviate.

I hope you have at least seen the movie. Or are you too waist-deep in your own bile to make it to the auditorium?

Seriously, Vile, why are you on here? It achieves nothing. You may as well turn your energy to changing Hollywood in some other way, because nothing you say on here makes any difference. It's just powerless ranting.
What's the point of being on an X-men forum or even a superhero forum if you hate it all so much, with such bitterness? Can't you find some other way to channel that?

X-Maniac said:
Name a perfect comicbook adaptation, a perfect superhero movie. Then get everyone else in the entire world to agree with you...

It's not possible. All of them deviate.

I hope you have at least seen the movie. Or are you too waist-deep in your own bile to make it to the auditorium?

Seriously, Vile, why are you on here? It achieves nothing. You may as well turn your energy to changing Hollywood in some other way, because nothing you say on here makes any difference. It's just powerless ranting.
What's the point of being on an X-men forum or even a superhero forum if you hate it all so much, with such bitterness? Can't you find some other way to channel that?

Have you seen it? Why should you care? You got all your Storm you wanted right? Go to the movie and pork out on Halle Berry.

TheVileOne said:
I guess so

Can you honestly tell me if you were writing this Movie you would think the Die Hard Fans would be happy with Rogue taking the cure, Cyclops & Jean dying ? Can you honestly tell me you while writing would think to yourself oh fans will love that Scott dies & that Jean dies again & Rogue fans will really love that she is in it for 10 Minutes or less & takes the Cure & it does not help that they outright 100 % said & assured fans that they will be happy with how each & all the Story Archs finished. You guys are right they NEVER should have done those Q&As. If this Movie is not great & very enjoyable I dont see alot of Comic Book Fans going to see this Movie again after Opening Weekend / first time seeing it. This Movie has alot to make up for & especially with the writers purposely misleading the Fans the way they did. I hope these Two do NOT come back for Sequels

GothicPowerMix1 said:
Can you honestly tell me if you were writing this Movie you would think the Die Hard Fans would be happy with Rogue taking the cure, Cyclops & Jean dying ?

I'm not sure, I didn't write the movie. Maybe they planned on it being better than it turned out to be. Maybe they meant as fans THEMSELVES that THEY are happy with it ;) .

Dont you think they would have been THAT specific ? They NEVER should have done these Q&As & telling Fans that they WOULD be happy with how each Character ends their Story.. For their sakes they better hope Fans enjoy this Movie otherwise this will just have a good Opening Weekend & thats that

Simply put, how could the script writers ever, EVER expect fans would be happy with, essentially, removing Cyclops from the Phoenix storyline? Killing him within the beginning of the film and replacing him with Wolverine?!

TheVileOne said:
Have you seen it? Why should you care? You got all your Storm you wanted right? Go to the movie and pork out on Halle Berry.

I haven't seen it, and i aim to go in there with as open a mind as is possible given the state of this forum at present... Yep, it looks as though Storm is given an improved portrayal, judging from the trailers, but i shall also reserve final judgement until I've seen it. And I shall probably see it more than once, so i can absorb it all fully.

But I'm willing to give it a shot.

GothicPowerMix1 said:
Can you honestly tell me if you were writing this Movie you would think the Die Hard Fans would be happy with Rogue taking the cure, Cyclops & Jean dying ? Can you honestly tell me you while writing would think to yourself oh fans will love that Scott dies & that Jean dies again & Rogue fans will really love that she is in it for 10 Minutes or less & takes the Cure & it does not help that they outright 100 % said & assured fans that they will be happy with how each & all the Story Archs finished. You guys are right they NEVER should have done those Q&As. If this Movie is not great & very enjoyable I dont see alot of Comic Book Fans going to see this Movie again after Opening Weekend / first time seeing it. This Movie has alot to make up for & especially with the writers purposely misleading the Fans the way they did. I hope these Two do NOT come back for Sequels

Well, they are not just writing it for fans. They are writing for the mainstream.

Rogue does ask Storm in X1 if there is a cure (in a deleted scene)... and of all the movie X-Men she is most likely to want to take it so she can be with Bobby... Until I see the movie and see it shown explicitly that she takes the cure, then I don't know for sure. In any event, it may be temporary judging from Magneto's reaction to it. She was never going to absorb Ms Marvel's powers and be a superwoman in the universe that Bryan Singer set up... you should have known this from the moment she stepped into X1.

As for Phoenix... well she has died several times in the comics, so that's not a surprise!

Sabretooth, Toad and Deathstrike all died in the previous movies.

I admit the deaths are shocking... Perhaps they will explain exactly what were the factors that were behind them. I know, for instance, that Patrick Stewart does not want to do any more movies and is moving back to England to do stage work - he told my showbiz editor in an interview. So perhaps he wanted out too?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"