The explanation of the coma patient in the hidden scene from the writers themselves!

Neto Magnus said:
Evil twin brother? oh jeez.

Just like the Cassandra Nova stupidity from the books, this would be completely lame. Why would you keep an infant brain dead baby alive for fifty plus years and check on him daily? A dumb ass plot twist like this would continue to give comic book films a bad rep.

If they want to bring back Xavier, they have to establish that Jean didn't disintegrate anyone. Rather, she just transported all those people to another dimension ALA Nightcrawler. That way, it's just Xavier communicating with Moria through that body from another dimension. Also, Cyclops and Psylocke can rejoin the franchise. That's a bit silly as well and it lessens the impact of X3 but it beats this twin brother crap.

R_3 said:
I thought that the commentary with Ratner and the 2 other guys was just terrible. It was not informative at all. The whole time they just made sarcastic statements. It got to the point where I didn't know whether thay were kidding ot not at whatever they said.

Yes, it's an awful track. It's just the three guys taking turns trying to out do the others in making smart ass comments.

One of the few things I did get out of the track was that the writers weren't lying when they said they fought for better comic related stuff. They still were pressuring Ratner to replace the Wolverine talking to Iceman scene before they board the jet. The deleted version where Iceman insists they go along is clearly the better version. Also, they fought (and lost) for Jean to do more then just stand around until the end.

I've enjoyed the producers commentary far more and I'm only half way through that one. It's been informative and entertaining. I find it interesting that most of the cool scenes were shot by the second unit guy (Simon Crane?). Maybe this wasn't a "Bret Ratner" film after all.

BMM said:
He was one of the few people that actually was a knowledgeable fan of the X-Men prior to the first film's release.

Which is why Fox kept him away from X3. :whatever:

YJ1 said:
Just like the Cassandra Nova stupidity from the books, this would be completely lame. Why would you keep an infant brain dead baby alive for fifty plus years and check on him daily? A dumb ass plot twist like this would continue to give comic book films a bad rep.

If they want to bring back Xavier, they have to establish that Jean didn't disintegrate anyone. Rather, she just transported all those people to another dimension ALA Nightcrawler. That way, it's just Xavier communicating with Moria through that body from another dimension. Also, Cyclops and Psylocke can rejoin the franchise. That's a bit silly as well and it lessens the impact of X3 but it beats this twin brother crap.

Yes, it's an awful track. It's just the three guys taking turns trying to out do the others in making smart ass comments.

One of the few things I did get out of the track was that the writers weren't lying when they said they fought for better comic related stuff. They still were pressuring Ratner to replace the Wolverine talking to Iceman scene before they board the jet. The deleted version where Iceman insists they go along is clearly the better version. Also, they fought (and lost) for Jean to do more then just stand around until the end.

I've enjoyed the producers commentary far more and I'm only half way through that one. It's been informative and entertaining. I find it interesting that most of the cool scenes were shot by the second unit guy (Simon Crane?). Maybe this wasn't a "Bret Ratner" film after all.

The producer's commentary is the better of the two, although I liked Shuler Donner's commentary more for X-Men 2 as well. Simon Crane did an awful lot of sequences for a second unit director, and it sounds like Dante Spinotti did a lot more work than a cinematographer might normally. I'm beginning to doubt if Ratner actually visualized a single one of these shots, or just stood around and shot the **** with the actors in between takes.

Boba_Fett_123 said:
The producer's commentary is the better of the two, although I liked Shuler Donner's commentary more for X-Men 2 as well. Simon Crane did an awful lot of sequences for a second unit director, and it sounds like Dante Spinotti did a lot more work than a cinematographer might normally. I'm beginning to doubt if Ratner actually visualized a single one of these shots, or just stood around and shot the **** with the actors in between takes.

I'll bet Ratner divided the majority of his time between dressing up as Wolverine and kissing Halle's derriere.

Boba_Fett_123 said:

Shuler Donner was excellent, she sounded like she was in tune with the material.

It's interesting to note how things looked in the pre-viz animatics (firebird, green Leech etc) and also the section on 'editing' showed how the Wolverine forest fight sequence and the part where Jean shows Magneto her powers were developed and altered at the stage of editing, not by the writer or directors.

BMM said:
He was one of the few people that actually was a knowledgeable fan of the X-Men prior to the first film's release.

Also, unlike Harris & Doughtery, I don't think that Hayter was a Singer "yes man" either...

Man, he really should've been a part of X3. :csad:

LostSon88 said:
Also, unlike Harris & Doughtery, I don't think that Hayter was a Singer "yes man" either...

Man, he really should've been a part of X3. :csad:

THat's exactly why he wasn't. FOX wanted Yes-men. People would would follow their parameters without question or argument. The last thing management wanted was a staff who would challenge their creative decisions or ideas. In hindsind, as far as business was concerned, they did assemble the perfect team for the job.

Boba_Fett_123 said:

I was beginning to notice this in the commentary as well. In the director and writer's commentary, a number of the shots were all John Bruno's ideas.

Hugh'sMrs said:
I'll bet Ratner divided the majority of his time between dressing up as Wolverine and kissing Halle's derriere.

And you're finding fault with that?

Now that's my idea of a dream job right there.

YJ1 said:
And you're finding fault with that?

Now that's my idea of a dream job right there.

Getting paid to run around wearing a Wolverine costume and staring at Romijn's attractive blue butt? :)

Hugh'sMrs said:
Sadly, Hayter has basically been blacklisted for suing Fox. Hopefully, one of the other studios will recognize that a lot of people have problems with Rothman and Fox and will give David a break.
I didn't know that. I hope one day Hayter and Singer publish what ever ideas they had for X3. If i'm not mistaken Hayter's draft of X2 had Juggernaut.
YJ1 said:
I find it interesting that most of the cool scenes were shot by the second unit guy (Simon Crane?). Maybe this wasn't a "Bret Ratner" film after all.
Which explains why he praised him a lot during interviews. He shot the infamous Storm tornado sequence.

Hugh'sMrs said:
Oooooohhhh thats cold.

X-Maniac said:
Shuler Donner was excellent, she sounded like she was in tune with the material.

It's interesting to note how things looked in the pre-viz animatics (firebird, green Leech etc) and also the section on 'editing' showed how the Wolverine forest fight sequence and the part where Jean shows Magneto her powers were developed and altered at the stage of editing, not by the writer or directors.
Didn't they do makeup tests for a green Leech? I'm almost certain Cameron Bright's mom said he did makeup tests and was going to be green.

Would have been interesting to see how they pulled that off.And it would also show that not every mutant is blue.:woot:

BMM said:
I was beginning to notice this in the commentary as well. In the director and writer's commentary, a number of the shots were all John Bruno's ideas.

John Bruno is the other name that keeps popping up. Bizarre, as pompous and arrogant as Ratner is throughout the commentaries, he doesn't seem to actually take credit for the origin of any scenes (except the GG bridge relocation, which is the BEST IDEA EVAH! according to him). It was, "Dante did this, doesn't it look great?" and "Bruno came up with this, ****in' righteous" (in reference to the whirlpool, strangely enough).

Well, actually, I thought Cassandra was a good villain and I wouldn´t mind seeing a take on her in the movie series. There are far more ilogical things in the comic book world than a braindead baby being kept alive.

Boba_Fett_123 said:
John Bruno is the other name that keeps popping up. Bizarre, as pompous and arrogant as Ratner is throughout the commentaries, he doesn't seem to actually take credit for the origin of any scenes (except the GG bridge relocation, which is the BEST IDEA EVAH! according to him).

Well of course it's the BEST IDEA EVAH! He actually thought of that one.

It was, "Dante did this, doesn't it look great?" and "Bruno came up with this, ****in' righteous" (in reference to the whirlpool, strangely enough).

If that's the case, then how is it Ratner's movie? And all that talk about "This is a Brett Ratner Film." in that latest interview we saw?

It should be more like "This is a Brett Ratner film, written by Penn and Kinberg and made by Bruno and Dante. But I did the GG bridge scene, yeah baby!"

ultimatefan said:
Well, actually, I thought Cassandra was a good villain and I wouldn´t mind seeing a take on her in the movie series. There are far more ilogical things in the comic book world than a braindead baby being kept alive.

Yeah. But we don't want to see ten thousand giant robots flying off into space in order to blow up the sun, either.

Boba_Fett_123 said:
John Bruno is the other name that keeps popping up.
I met John Bruno at the special screening! He definately seemed like he a good man for the job. Also was good enough to chat to me for around 20 minutes after.

This just goes to show how ****ing thick in the head Ratner, Penn and Kinberg are. I'm beginning to think they purposefully ****ed this movie up, and it goddamn shows.

They can all go **** themselves and stay away from any comic property in the future please. God cant beloeve Penn is writing Hulk 2, what a ****fest that is gonna be.

AVEITWITHJAMON said:
This just goes to show how ****ing thick in the head Ratner, Penn and Kinberg are. I'm beginning to think they purposefully ****ed this movie up, and it goddamn shows.

They can all go **** themselves and stay away from any comic property in the future please. God cant beloeve Penn is writing Hulk 2, what a ****fest that is gonna be.

Now that I know Penn is writing Hulk2 I will have to add it to my list of comic book movies I won't be seeing.

^I will see it because i loved the Hulk character and the first movie, but i bet it will be a big pile of ****.

I loved that the professor returned but after watching the alternate endings there are such more better endings to give this trilogy more closure. But nooooooo. FOX had to half ass it. The alternate endings were so much better then what the theatrical cut got

Neto Magnus said:
Evil twin brother? oh jeez.

I agree. What they need to do is keep that guys face covered (i think it was) and just have him be some random guy and leave it at that. Xavier lives on but not exactly the same. Thats too much of a luck out.

TrailerCues said:
I loved that the professor returned but after watching the alternate endings there are such more better endings to give this trilogy more closure. But nooooooo. FOX had to half ass it. The alternate endings were so much better then what the theatrical cut got

Tell me about it, ALL of the alternate scene's were better than what we got.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"