November 6th, 2012: Campaigning, Early Voting, Election Day, And The Results! II

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Thread Manager, Nov 7, 2012.

1. Anita18

Anita18 DANCE FOR ME, FUNNY MAN!

I dunno, it's still conceivable that the GOP will look at the fairly close popular vote and think that maybe they could pull off a win if they get even more extreme? :oldrazz:

It wasn't a total blowout, although Obama winning the EC soundly is an interesting observation. I'm not entirely sure what that means in terms of general support. I would actually think the EC would favor smaller, more rural (ie, more red) states?

2. Fading

Fading ---

Nate Silver definitely is lucky, and going to have some ppl eating humble pie. Obama just grabbed Virginia, and will probably win Florida as well. By the time this is all finished he will have over 330, and be atleast 1 million ahead in the popular vote.

Now that it's all over, time to go to sleep or something, lol. Also, it was a good speech by Obama. Now I just hope he puts that into practice, because some big things are coming up that need a solid decision on.:wall: <-- Describes what I'll be doing if our country takes another credit hit because we refuse to compromise over taxation of the rich.

3. TheDreamMaster

TheDreamMaster The Night He Came Home...

Ugh, from the moment Obama won people on my facebook have been posting messages and video calling Obama the anti-christ, and decrying him as Hitler and such. I'm a Christian (well I have a few differing beliefs but I'm primarily Christian), but am I missing something here? When did suddenly Obama become the Anti-Christ and when could said Anti-Christ become so easily seen?

Back on topic, Fox news still interesting to watch or did they finally let it go that Obama won?

4. stillanerd

stillanerd Well-Known Member

Well, this isn't the first time Dick Morris was proven drastically wrong about one of his political predictions. After all, he wrote an entire book in 2005 about who the Presidential Candidates would be in the 2008 Presidential election:

[​IMG]

5. Raiden

Raiden Wakanda Forever

That speech Obama gave was terrific. Even better is the knowledge that Karl Rove is in a darken room somewhere, trying in vain to find a loophole in the EC that would give Romney the victory. :funny:

6. El Hombre Gato

El Hombre Gato Well-Known Member

Florida voted for Obama in 2008 and he got an increase in the Latino vote. So, it's not too shocking. Also, 8 million people voted in Florida. The biggest next to California. People give the State a lot of crap but they sure showed up and made themselves heard.

7. Fading

Fading ---

I think he became the anti-christ somewere after they tried to prove he wasn't a US citizen, but before they the Muslim talk. No, maybe after both of those, but before he was a manchurian candidate. Wait, wait, before the manchurian candidate, but after they said he wanted to implement sharia law.

Gosh darn it, I failed my racist, let's do everything in our power to devalue the life of a fellow American, history. It's such a hard subject, I can't follow most of the material.

8. Reek

Reek _____

seriously... florida still?

the ****? it closed 6 hours ago.

9. SV Fan

SV Fan Well-Known Member

You forgot he is a secular atheist who is a Muslim at the same time

I think they put off counting till tomorrow since Obama already won and Florida doesn't make a difference

10. Boom

Boom I got nothin'

Didn't Puerto Rico vote today on whether or not they want to become a state?

11. Reek

Reek _____

So Florida is a bunch of idiots that cant count? jesus... why is every state but florida in when half of them are hours behind.

:dry:

Last edited by moderator : Nov 7, 2012
  12. Fading

Fading ---

*Sigh*...can I sit by you in class tomorrow. I need to cheat off your answers.

13. stillanerd

stillanerd Well-Known Member

Yep.

http://www.boston.com/news/world/ca...es-governor/M1LJwGV2Pyyr9GzAURdCkO/story.html

14. Nell2ThaIzzay

Nell2ThaIzzay Well-Known Member

That first one doesn't sound too bad...

Not that Obama is anti-Christian anyways... but Christianity (nor any other religion) has any place in government or politics anyways. The faster everyone realizes this, the faster we can move on to being a truly free society.

15. Thor The Mighty

Thor The Mighty The True God of Thunder

THe election EC wise was not close at all but some of the Battleground states were real close.

16. El Hombre Gato

El Hombre Gato Well-Known Member

8 million voters and they kept the polls open till 10pm. They're not gonna over-work the staff. Especially since it doesn't really matter anymore. Obama won.

17. chesslover

chesslover Well-Known Member

America is FUBAR :csad:

18. Matt

Matt IKYN Guy Groupie

I went to bed shortly before the race was called. :funny: Solid win for Obama. Not quite a mandate, but solid.

19. Holiday

Holiday Celebrate

A truly free society... and you're an Obama supporter.

I lol'd.

20. Donut

Donut Well-Known Member

Florida needs to change their damn ways next election. Otherwise just say **** Florida

21. Siby

Siby Well-Known Member

I heard that also and was like, "what?" There were a couple of other times where he seemed to change the word in the middle of speaking and it sounded weird.

I was so fired up last night not just because of the Obama win but from watching Fox. They down played every aspect of Obama's win. There was no hiding the hatred these people have for this man while failing to see it as a victory for the will of the people.

While I was watching Fox, I couldn't help but imagine the people there must see Obama as Chancellor Palpatine giving his speech to the Senate, destroying the republic and establishing the empire. lol:jedi

22. Ultimatehero

Ultimatehero Life is infinite

Long live our land of the free.

23. Darthphere

Darthphere Kneel before 'Drox!

You can thank Republican Governor Rick Scott for this mess. He cut early voting short and refused to extend it. No damn reason why people needed to be out in line at 11 PM to vote.

24. venom892

venom892 Coming Home

Rick Scott is a terrible Governor. I can't wait for him to be gone.

25. Marx

Marx Pixelated

I couldn't help myself last and flipped to FOX News after President Obama won. It was priceless!

I hope the GOP takes a long, hard look at themselves. They cannot continue to be a party of hatred or a party of no. I fear that they're going to resort to the same sad tactics and excuses for why they lost though. (Romney wasn't "conservative" enough. It's all Chris Christie's fault. The Democrats conjured up a hurricane to win and that's not fair!)