November 6th, 2012: Campaigning, Early Voting, Election Day, And The Results! II

You're confused. I'm not arguing for a free society devoid of government. I was only pointing out the hypocrisy of Nell saying we're closer to being on our way to a free society under Obama than under Republican leadership. If anything, were moving further away from one under Obama just as we were under Bush.

Also, I'm not an expert on raw milk vs pasteurized but pasteurization of milk destroys some of the nutrients and makes the sugar in milk absorb quicker, meaning you're hungry much sooner after drinking it. But hey, if your government tells you it's okay, drink up. :up:

If you're not a fan of big gov, neither of the two big parties are the answer for you. Michigan's Republican led Emergency Manager law is one of the biggest big gov things to have come out of the last decade. The patriot act, started by a Rep, continued by a Dem. Telling gay ppl they can't get married, and women can't decide what to do with their bodies (abortion and controception) are big gov things. Just as Democrats ideas on social nets are big gov. Both sides do it, Democrats just own it, and don't try to hide that they want gov getting more involved. Republicans are every bit as guilty of big gov, they just pretend not to be.

That and get rid of the ridiculous subsidized crop known as corn. God, every animal is corn fed. So hard to find grass fed beef and what not.

You can find that at Whole Foods Market or Trader Joe's (if you live in California).

If you're not a fan of big gov, neither of the two big parties are the answer for you. Michigan's Republican led Emergency Manager law is one of the biggest big gov things to have come out of the last decade. The patriot act, started by a Rep, continued by a Dem. Telling gay ppl they can't get married, and women can't decide what to do with their bodies (abortion and controception) are big gov things. Just as Democrats ideas on social nets are big gov. Both sides do it, Democrats just own it, and don't try to hide that they want gov getting more involved. Republicans are every bit as guilty of big gov, they just pretend not to be.

Which is why I didn't vote for either. And why I don't feel I wasted it.

Which is exactly why I vote Democrat.

The areas where Democrats are "big government" are where our government should be "big government" with safety nets and opportunity for our citizens to succeed, and for us to function as a society. Republicans are "big government" in ways that are unconstitutional (want to **** all over the 1st, 9th, and 14th amendments all in favor of Biblical values), and want to wipe out the safety nets (welfare clause) that allow us to function as a society.

Democrats absolutely get carried away sometimes, but having healthcare, Pell Grants, and welfare don't make us an unfree society. That's just a ridiculous claim through and through.

1. Not conservative. Registered Independent. Voted for Obama in 08, Romney in 12. Hi.

2. The fear had as much to do with Obama's continued spending and tax increases. Which have yet to work and only made matter worse. But of course liberals don't understand facts...

I know how much you want it to be the other way but it was said to be a number of factors. Including both what you and I said. Hi.

OK, I just spent a good bit of my time cleaning up this thread.

GROW UP, the "Well you did it first...." crap is childish. If you cannot play nice, then move on. THAT MEANS EVERYONE, EVERY COLOR....get it? The veiled general statements about different groups involved needs to stop if all you are doing is insulting. You want to discuss the issues at hand, DISCUSS.

To those of you who have been discussing the political results of last night, I apologize and please continue.

oh, you deleted the 'Hi.' and the 'Thanks for playing' comments. :hehe:

Hi? HI?

ITS A GREETING NOT SOMETHING YOU CAN JUST THROW AT THE END OF SENTENCES!
tumblr_m8amrjSKY31qcbjgfo1_250.gif

Cory. If you have nothing more to add to the conversation, I would strongly suggest you find another thread to participate in.

So good news everyone we might get all the votes counted in Florida today. Bad news, they might trigger an automatic recount. I'm sorry guys, I just live here.

Don't pull a South Park.

It truly boggles my mind that florida continues to have the same types of problems counting votes. Have they not learned anything since 2000?

It truly boggles my mind that florida continues to have the same types of problems counting votes. Have they not learned anything since 2000?

Nope. Thank God this election isn't counting on us because I'm tired of being mocked for this ********. Especially here in Miami-Dade County. It's run by the most unprofessional, unqualified, incompetent people I have ever met. Not just the elections department, the whole damn county.

Don't really like her most of the time but Rachel Maddow pretty much hits the nail right on the head

Last edited:
Don't really like her most of the time but Rachel Maddow pretty much hits the nail right on the head

Thank you for posting this. This was absolutely 100% on point when I saw this last night. A perfect example of why I do like Rachel Maddow.

So good news everyone we might get all the votes counted in Florida today. Bad news, they might trigger an automatic recount. I'm sorry guys, I just live here.

All for electoral votes that don't even matter now. You need to move some where else and we need to put up a Great Wall of Florida.

One thing about this election that I think is only now starting to get any real notice. In 2008, a record 131 million voted in the Presidential Election, with 69.4 million going for Obama and 59.9 million going for McCain. This year, however, voter turnout dropped to 118 million, with 60.7 million going for Obama, and 57.8 million going for Romney.

Which means 13 million people who showed up in 2008 didn't show up to vote this year. That suggests to me that, contrary to popular conception, there was actually less enthusiasm for the candidates in both parties this year than there was four years ago.

Yes, Obama beat Romney by 3 million votes, but notice that close to that many on the Republican side stayed home compared to 2008. And Obama only had .8% more votes than McCain did in 2008. The difference is that, in spite of having a deficit of 9 million voters in this election, the Obama campaign was better at mobilizing their his base supporters than Romney did with the Republicans. And this is evident when you look at what was going on in the Republican Primary. Republicans weren't all that thrilled with Romney because they thought he was a "flip-flopping moderate," but were convinced by the party establishment that he was the "most electable" compared to the more conservative candidates, who basically beating each other up more than they were Romney.

In short, the Republicans made the same mistake the Democrats did in 2004 when they choose John Kerry as their nominee, who, ironically enough, was also characterized as a "flip-flopper" and got the nomination because he was the "most electable."

One thing about this election that I think is only now starting to get any real notice. In 2008, a record 131 million voted in the Presidential Election, with 69.4 million going for Obama and 59.9 million going for McCain. This year, however, voter turnout dropped to 118 million, with 60.7 million going for Obama, and 57.8 million going for Romney.

There is still 7-10M votes that have to be counted

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/elections/2012-election-results/

scroll down a bit and see percentage reported and you will notice a bunch of states that have less then 90%(including California which is at 69%)

we can keep the panhandle... i need a close vacation spot.

That's what Puerto Rico is for.

We're getting them in a trade. That way we don't have to change the flags.

"I'm running out right now and buying all the property along the Georgia/Florida border."

- Lex Luthor

There is still 7-10M votes that have to be counted

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/elections/2012-election-results/

scroll down a bit and see percentage reported and you will notice a bunch of states that have less then 90%(including California which is at 69%)

Actually, according to Politico, it's a lot more up to date than what Fox News is reporting. On their site, they list many states having already 100% of the vote reporting in, including California. The only state that is currently under 60% of the vote that is reporting in is Washington State.

http://www.politico.com/2012-election/map/#/President/2012/

But, even if 7-10 million ballots have yet to be counted, they're not all going to go to Obama or Romney. And it still means that, if you add those votes to current vote totals, it still means that less people voted in this election than in 2008, and that Obama has gotten less votes than he did in 2008 and that Romney may still have less votes than McCain did.

Actually, according to Politico, it's a lot more up to date than what Fox News is reporting. On their site, they list many states having already 100% of the vote reporting in, including California. The only state that is currently under 60% of the vote that is reporting in is Washington State.

http://www.politico.com/2012-election/map/#/President/2012/

I am not sure if Politco's totals are correct. I can't say/confirm 1 way or another if California is 69% returned(like the Fox and MSNBC sites claim) but I know for a fact Florida is at 97% and they have Florida listed at 100%

ETA: All I can tell you is comparing results from 2008

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_presidential_election,_2008

Is they had 13M votes in California in 2008 and currently we are at 9M in 2012, while I can see a decrease in 2012 voting I don't see that much

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
monke77
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"