The Dark Knight Rises NOW which film is your favourite??

But I honestly might go with BB, because its the only time in the trilogy that the movie actually started with who is supposed to be the main character.

When you think about it, the first and last scenes kinda show the shift within the trilogy. BB both started and ended with Bruce (which is something I love). TDK started with the villain but still ended with Bruce. TDKR started with the villain and ended with that Robin guy. :o

When you think about it, the first and last scenes kinda show the shift within the trilogy. BB both started and ended with Bruce (which is something I love). TDK started with the villain but still ended with Bruce. TDKR started with the villain and ended with that Robin guy. :o

lol, true.

I wish the last shot or sequence for TDKR would have been the cafe scene. Either cut to credits with Bruce smiling back at Alfred, or Alfred walking away.

I love the shot of "Robin rising" but it does bother me that the last shot isn't of Batman or Bruce.

Yeah, I think I would've liked TDKR's end more if they re-ordered the sequence of the last scenes. I would take the cafe scene, the unveiling of the Batstatue or Gordon discovering the fixed Bat signal over what we got. That scene being the end of not only TDKR but the entire trilogy just left a sour taste in my mouth.

And to think I laughed at the ones who were guessing before (when the trailer came out) that the "Catwoman riding the Batpod" scene will be the final shot of TDKR because I said that there's no way that Nolan will end the trilogy with a shot of a new character. It has to be something Bruce or Gordon related like how BB and TDK ended. I totally got owned. :lmao:

Yeah, I think I would've liked TDKR's end more if they re-ordered the sequence of the last scenes. I would take the cafe scene, the unveiling of the Batstatue or Gordon discovering the fixed Bat signal over what we got. That scene being the end of not only TDKR but the entire trilogy just left a sour taste in my mouth.

And to think I laughed at the ones who were guessing before (when the trailer came out) that the "Catwoman riding the Batpod" scene will be the final shot of TDKR because I said that there's no way that Nolan will end the trilogy with a shot of a new character. It has to be something Bruce or Gordon related like how BB and TDK ended. I totally got owned. :lmao:

haha, funny how things turned out.

To be fair, it was also the first time a Batman movie has had its final shot in the Batcave, which I thought was a nice touch. Plus, it's a really clever visual the way the platform makes the water spring and splash down over us as black takes over the frame. Has the effect of a curtain coming down.

When I first saw the movie the final shot kind of left me underwhelmed because I was still reveling in the confirmation of Bruce's survival. But now I appreciate it more from an artistic standpoint. It's not so much that I'm a huge Robin John Blake fan, it's just that I love the triumph of Bruce cementing the immortality of Batman. It's a fitting notion to end on.

I loved the trilogy. It's hard to tell ya which one I like each film has an edge that makes it awesome.

lol, true.

I wish the last shot or sequence for TDKR would have been the cafe scene. Either cut to credits with Bruce smiling back at Alfred, or Alfred walking away.

I love the shot of "Robin rising" but it does bother me that the last shot isn't of Batman or Bruce.

I would rather have it this way too now that I think about it.

All of three,but if I must take a pick-then TDKR

Last edited:
Batman Begins has a perfect first half. 8/10
The Dark Knight has a perfect everything. 10/10
Dark Knight Rises has a perfect second half. 9/10

With looking back at all three films, I find them all perfect in their own ways, just missing a few ingredients(yes, even TDK). More specifically, for BB and TDK, I feel that someone else should've been cast as Rachel. TDKR needed to focus more on Batman's first return such as having some media frenzy or what have you...and overall, Scarecrow should have been more threatening in all of his appearances.

With looking back at all three films, I find them all perfect in their own ways, just missing a few ingredients(yes, even TDK). More specifically, for BB and TDK, I feel that someone else should've been cast as Rachel. TDKR needed to focus more on Batman's first return such as having some media frenzy or what have you...and overall, Scarecrow should have been more threatening in all of his appearances.

Pretty much agree with your points. Rachel should have been a different actress, don't know who. But if you watch Holmes in BB and gylenahl (spelling) in TDK they both have the weakest performances in those films. I didn't buy into Rachel in BB, and I certainly felt no sympathy or emotion when she died in TDK.

TDKR could of done a bit more like dark knight returns with showing the effect batman returning had. The negativity of him returning from some people's perspective and all that. Dark knight returns did that well.

And yes scarecrow could have been more threatening and I think should have looked more scarecrow like with each appearance. Starting off in BB with jut the mask, then in TDK he should have upgraded the mask plus some really ragged clothes with straw hanging out. And in TDKR even more so with fully ripped and torn clothes, even more straw and the mask. Perhaps even spraying his fear toxin in the faces of those being judged in his court. Bane certainly wouldn't mind that I don't think. Imagine them walking out on that ice, hallucinating. Nice little touch IMO.

I'll admit, the straw coming out of Crane's coat was a nice touch especially when the mask wasn't used, but it can really be shown as only fan service as the mask wasn't used. But the idea of fear toxin being used on people being sentenced to exile and/or death sounds like an extremely great idea, imo.

I find The Dark Knight the most enjoyable at this point.

I'd have to go with TDKR, followed by TDK and then BB.

The Dark Knight. TDKR proved how exceptional it was.

Well I think TDK proved that on it's own. TDKR just reminded us how good we had it before in TDK.

Yep. But I had some doubts at that time. I expected TDKR to improve on minor issues, that I had with TDK. But we all know how it turned out.

So... at the time of writing there have been exactly 100 votes on this new poll. A large enough sample I think to assess whether the overall opinion at least on these boards has changed much since the film came out. The results for the original poll are as follows:

Batman Begins 18.60 %
The Dark Knight 41.86 %
The Dark knight Rises 39.53 %

and the results for this poll are:

Batman Begins 25 %
The Dark Knight 44 %
The Dark knight Rises 31 %

A slight decrease for The Dark Knight Rises at the expense of slightly more for Batman Begins and The Dark Knight, but nowhere near the level that some were implying would come about when the original voting was underway.

I think it speaks for the strength of this trilogy that all three films are so evenly rated by the fans. Definitely wouldn't see such an even spread for the Raimi Spiderman trilogy, the Matrix trilogy, or even the Godfather trilogy. (That list could go on and on in my opinion by the way). The only other trilogies I see as matching the Dark Knight trilogy's level of quality and consistency are Back to the Future and Toy Story. Not really a big fan of Lord of the Rings but would also include that in terms of not dropping the ball on any of the parts.

I am so glad TDK is winning this poll.

So... at the time of writing there have been exactly 100 votes on this new poll. A large enough sample I think to assess whether the overall opinion at least on these boards has changed much since the film came out. The results for the original poll are as follows:

Batman Begins 18.60 %
The Dark Knight 41.86 %

Batman Begins 25 %
The Dark Knight 44 %

A slight decrease for The Dark Knight Rises at the expense of slightly more for Batman Begins and The Dark Knight, but nowhere near the level that some were implying would come about when the original voting was underway.

I think it speaks for the strength of this trilogy that all three films are so evenly rated by the fans. Definitely wouldn't see such an even spread for the Raimi Spiderman trilogy, the Matrix trilogy, or even the Godfather trilogy. (That list could go on and on in my opinion by the way). The only other trilogies I see as matching the Dark Knight trilogy's level of quality and consistency are Back to the Future and Toy Story. Not really a big fan of Lord of the Rings but would also include that in terms of not dropping the ball on any of the parts.

Absolutely. It's a very respectable spread. There's legitimate reasons for any fan to pick any of the three as their favorite.

Last edited:

I cant believe I missed this, but I agree. People act like Nolan's trilogy was 100% Bruce centered, but like you said, the films show a shifting focus. TDK and TDKR are more ensemble based than BB too, and Batman was never as impressive in TDK/TDKR as he was in BB in terms of presence. I want to see BB Bats go up against TDK Joker and TDKR Bane.

TDK is my favorite. One of the best movies ever made IMO.

Batman Begins 18.60 %
The Dark Knight 41.86 %

Batman Begins 25 %
The Dark Knight 44 %

The only one I really recall saying TDKR will lose all love from fans was Fudgie.

The only one I really recall saying TDKR will lose all love from fans was Fudgie.

That might be true. I can't remember, and can't be bothered to go and check. Either way there was definitely a fairly vocal group saying that the only reason TDKR was doing that well was from the short term hype surrounding it immediately after release.

The whole reason I made this thread was to find out if that was true, and it's clearly not (although the difference in results between now and then indicates that there was a little bit of "flavour of the month" syndrome going on).

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"