NX - Nintendo's Next Generation Hardware Concept

Status
Not open for further replies.
Right? My WiiU is basically played by my 8 year old son and sometimes 2 year old daughter (she likes driving in circles in MK) and man.. it's smudge city.

I bet that Pro Controller can be used via Bluetooth with the system, so you can use it on the go.

As a home console, I think it looks fine(as you can use a real controller), but as a portable, I think it looks kinda clunky. They didn't really think out the portable controls for this. They went with a gimmicky co-op experience on the go. This would've been better as a clam-shell design that could dock at home and be played on your TV.

well, I was getting used to the NX name. Not sure how I feel about "Switch."

but other than that, the trailer ( and design ) actually looked cool.

I'm interested, even though it's not quite the dedicated home console I wanted.

as long as it's more powerful than the Wii U and powerful enough to run the new Zelda, that's enough for me. especially if it's reasonably priced at $300 or less.

It's powerful enough to run Skyrim: Definitive Edition.

I understand some of the concerns fans may have about power.. but if it's running Skyrim and with NViDA backing then.. I'd say it's going to easily be XBO/PS4 territory. A Nintendo game running at full 1080p is going to be stunning. If it has HDR support Zelda is going to be jaw dropping.

Random Nintendo Switch thoughts: 1. Name, design, purpose -- everything unified & easy to explain in a short sentence, or just see and "get" - Mark MacDonald.

He's right. Zero need here to explain wonky gimmicks.

^ I'm really hoping it does support HDR at least. Nintendo games are almost just begging for HDR support.

would be nice if Switch also supported 4K in some way or form.

I understand some of the concerns fans may have about power.. but if it's running Skyrim and with NViDA backing then.. I'd say it's going to easily be XBO/PS4 territory. A Nintendo game running at full 1080p is going to be stunning. If it has HDR support Zelda is going to be jaw dropping.

Ill wait to hear the specs bc running Skyrim doesnt really mean much to me. Its a port of a 5 year old game. Even as the DE, its not as demanding as something developed natively for the current gen consoles like The Witcher 3. Im gonna need to see something more recent before I say its as powerful as an XB1 or PS4

I'm also wondering if you can use the Pro controller with the console undocked and propped up like a tablet.

cnTcRgz.jpg

4akXRGJ.jpg

Ill wait to hear the specs bc running Skyrim doesnt really mean much to me. Its a port of a 5 year old game. Even as the DE, its not as demanding as something developed natively for the current gen consoles like The Witcher 3. Im gonna need to see something more recent before I say its as powerful as an XB1 or PS4

Eh, the very same inside sources that have been describing this thing to a T have said PS4/XBO like power.. I honestly see no reason to doubt them after this.

hope it has other functionality like media player, browser, etc.

also, hope it supports the Wii U VC games.

if it does those, I'll be even more excited for this.

Virtual Console would be nice, but it can't just be the same NES,SNES and GBA stuff we got on Wii U. I want Gamecube VC games.

I want NES, SNES, GBA, N64, and GC games for VC.

but I'm mainly interested in the classic NES and SNES games.

Eh, the very same inside sources that have been describing this thing to a T have said PS4/XBO like power.. I honestly see no reason to doubt them after this.

I've been hearing more powerful than a PS3 but weaker than a XB1

well, I was getting used to the NX name. Not sure how I feel about "Switch."
At first I didn't like it but it's already growing on me. I hate that I've liked the provisional names like NX (vs Switch), 4K (Vs Pro) and Scorpio (Vs whatever we get) a lot and the eventual name a bit less.

^ I'm really hoping it does support HDR at least. Nintendo games are almost just begging for HDR support.

would be nice if Switch also supported 4K in some way or form.

Yes first party Nintendo games in HDR would look amazing.

At first I didn't like it but it's already growing on me. I hate that I've liked the provisional names like NX (vs Switch), 4K (Vs Pro) and Scorpio (Vs whatever we get) a lot and the eventual name a bit less.

yeah. NX just sounded cooler. But I suppose Switch conveys the selling point of the console.

Yes first party Nintendo games in HDR would look amazing.

yep!! :woot:

It's just too bad this wasn't available for this Holiday. I say it would probably be the top seller this Holiday. I can see a lot of parents buying this for their kids to take on road trips, etc. especially if it's priced reasonably.

Can we at least agree that the Switch is a better name than the Wii U?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"