NX - Nintendo's Next Generation Hardware Concept

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its so tiny. But how it works is fascinating. Looking forward to it.

Looks like there is some 3rd party support. Saw the basketball game and some new game with a dragon. The NX ports for Splatoon and Mario Kart 8 seems to be confirmed, so Smash is on the way. Also, new Mario.

Its so tiny. But how it works is fascinating. Looking forward to it.

Looks like there is some 3rd party support. Saw the basketball game and some new game with a dragon. The NX ports for Splatoon and Mario Kart 8 seems to be confirmed, so Smash is on the way. Also, new Mario.

Pretty sure the dragon game was Skyrim.

CvN2pUIWIAAcxQ-.jpg:large

I'm actually impressed, which is the first time I can say that about a Nintendo product in almost 10 years (although I do love my 3DS XL).

My only concern is how big is the screen, because it looks smaller than an ipad mini but bigger than a 3DS XL. Also, will Nintendo hit 1080p consistently. I haven't messed around with a WiiU, but I have heard people concerned about how the BoW video that released this morning was maxed at 720p on Youtube.

I'm actually impressed, which is the first time I can say that about a Nintendo product in almost 10 years (although I do love my 3DS XL).

My only concern is how big is the screen, because it looks smaller than an ipad mini but bigger than a 3DS XL. Also, will Nintendo hit 1080p consistently. I haven't messed around with a WiiU, but I have heard people concerned about how the BoW video that released this morning was maxed at 720p on Youtube.

Reports are saying 720p handheld mode full 1080p docked. I don't doubt Nintendo at all on this aspect.

Good to see that they care a bit more about multiplatform games this time.

Nintendo also slipped in some extras in these trailers.. small things like new playable characters in Mario Kart (King Boo) and new hair in Splatoon. Maybe they'll put battle mode in MK this time??

Nintendo needs to put their marketing team into overdrive in order to promote the Switch in these short 5 months.

Nothing can hurt a new console launch more than poor marketing.

What do you guys think of the name?

Good to see that they care a bit more about multiplatform games this time.

they've always cared about them. The problem is those that make multiplatform games havent cared for Nintendo

Nintendo needs to put their marketing team into overdrive in order to promote the Switch in these short 5 months.

Nothing can hurt a new console launch more than poor marketing.

maxresdefault.jpg

What do you guys think of the name?

its fine

This is so weird... I started off like "not a fan of the name" and now I'm like ok I'm cool with it.. makes sense. My inner Nintendo fanboy is jumping up and down. It's already almost November... five months BAYBAY!

I am honestly shocked to see any EA support. Can't wait to see the price. If it can handle PS4/Xbone games, I think Nintendo is going to do just fine.

The name is fine. Better than Wii and Wii U.

they've always cared about them. The problem is those that make multiplatform games havent cared for Nintendo
Bingo!

Nintendo consoles have been a step behind in the HD era, so it's always been looked at as the inferior console compared to PS3/4 and 360/X1. But they seem to be catching up (even though Sony/Microsoft are now moving to 4K) and they have some innovative tech, so developers are excited to work with them again.

But the worrisome thing is still how Nintendo doesn't think it needs a powerful system in comparison to the others. It would be hard to want something like Skyrim on NS if it looks and runs better on PS4/X1/PC.

There isn't a default reason for 3rd parties to not release on any particular platform, even a less preferred one, as it should just mean more sales for them. Extra complications or costs involved in developing for one of them or the hardware not being up to par etc can affect that and to me it would be the console manufacturer's job to anticipate what they would want and consult with them throughout the design process if they value their contributions to the console ecosystem enough. Nintendo seem to value their first party stuff much more highly than the other 2 who treat multiplat games as the basis and the exclusives as the winning factor.

This is so weird... I started off like "not a fan of the name" and now I'm like ok I'm cool with it.. makes sense. My inner Nintendo fanboy is jumping up and down. It's already almost November... five months BAYBAY!

Haha, same here (which is why I asked).

It would be hard to want something like Skyrim on NS if it looks and runs better on PS4/X1/PC.

And that's why console specs are important to consider when purchasing a new console.

Eyes on you, Nintendo.

Those Twitter leakers were 100% on point with this including how it looks. They said today 720 hand held full 1080 docked. I pretty much have faith in them now after this trailer.. I doubt we have to worry.

I'd also say this launches at 299. They keep it between top hand held and home console price.

Nintendo Switch is powered by the performance of the custom Tegra processor. The high-efficiency scalable processor includes an NVIDIA GPU based on the same architecture as the world’s top-performing GeForce gaming graphics cards.

The Nintendo Switch’s gaming experience is also supported by fully custom software, including a revamped physics engine, new libraries, advanced game tools and libraries. NVIDIA additionally created new gaming APIs to fully harness this performance. The newest API, NVN, was built specifically to bring lightweight, fast gaming to the masses.

Gameplay is further enhanced by hardware-accelerated video playback and custom software for audio effects and rendering.

We’ve optimized the full suite of hardware and software for gaming and mobile use cases. This includes custom operating system integration with the GPU to increase both performance and efficiency.

NVIDIA gaming technology is integrated into all aspects of the new Nintendo Switch home gaming system, which promises to deliver a great experience to gamers.

https://blogs.nvidia.com/blog/2016/10/20/nintendo-switch/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back