NX - Nintendo's Next Generation Hardware Concept

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's an interesting concept but I'm not sold yet. I'd be curious to see what's the range and how durable things are

Have we confirmed if the games are cartridge based or is it all flash memory

Well one things for sure.. Nintendo tends to make things that are hard to break. To be quite honest I'll probably have this docked 90% of the time but for small trips and whatnot this will be great.

GameInformer says cartridge based games but they're only citing the glimpse we saw in the trailer.

Hate the name but love the system. Everything about it looks great. I need more info on launch stuff though, like bundles and such.

It's an interesting concept but I'm not sold yet. I'd be curious to see what's the range and how durable things are

Have we confirmed if the games are cartridge based or is it all flash memory
What's the difference? Cartridges are flash memory

Hate the name but love the system. Everything about it looks great. I need more info on launch stuff though, like bundles and such.

I wonder when we'll get that info? March isn't far away.. you'd think they would want preorders up by Christmas at least, right?

Also, just read on twitter that some "insiders" are saying the handheld is the 900p XBO comparable part of the system.. while docked mode is indeed full 1080 PS4 comparable. I read those reports long ago on NeoGaf but they've come up again.

I like the look of it, and the look of the controller.

I'm pretty much a digital only guy.. but I'll buy these carts. I love Nintendo Box Art (first party stuff) and if these are 3DS style boxes they'll fit nicely on my shelf.

Thrilled to be a publishing partner for #NintendoSwitch! The platform presents exciting opportunities for our studios & fans. - Bethesda Twitter

Just really cool to see. I'm wishing Nintendo the best here..I'm So Nintendo hyped right now I have no idea if I can come down, lol.

I'm pretty much a digital only guy.. but I'll buy these carts. I love Nintendo Box Art (first party stuff) and if these are 3DS style boxes they'll fit nicely on my shelf.

I have only recently become a digital only guy. And about a year and half ago I got rid of all my old consoles and games apart from 360. The only thing I kept were some of the SNES carts for nostalgia value. The box art and also the art on the console box (mine came with SFII) are all awesome.

If pre-orders are up by Christmas I'm definitely having all family members put there money on that pre-order. I want whatever deluxe super bundle they have for this. I'm also extremely curious as to the launch lineup. Is it launching with Zelda, Mario, Mario Kart, Splatoon, Skyrim and an NBA game? That would be mind boggling for Nintendo to launch with such a stellar lineup. Unheard of even.

I ****ing love it! :funny: Did they just show us a new Mario game in the trailer ?!

I may buy this one. :D

If pre-orders are up by Christmas I'm definitely having all family members put there money on that pre-order. I want whatever deluxe super bundle they have for this. I'm also extremely curious as to the launch lineup. Is it launching with Zelda, Mario, Mario Kart, Splatoon, Skyrim and an NBA game? That would be mind boggling for Nintendo to launch with such a stellar lineup. Unheard of even.

I doubt it launches with Mario.. but they did say a new Mario title is in launch window. I'd say Zelda, Mario Kart, Splatoon, Skyrim and NBA are pretty much gaurenteed.

Maybe I'm wrong tho. Read today that this was supposed to be revealed in September but they wanted to make sure Mario was ready to show on it.

Agree with you tho. I'm skipping the Pro and PSVR for now.. putting my extra gaming funds towards this.

I'm flipping that it looks closer to 64 than the "New" or "Land" Mario's.

My biggest concern with it right now is the controller size. I have very large hands. I hope it's not uncomfortable to play.

The split controllers do look small.. but there are two others that look to be Xbox One controller sized. So I'm figuring my kids can use the little guys and I'll use a "pro".

Using the little controller hunks by themselves in a multiplayer situation seems annoying. They look smaller than a Wiimote. I don't have a friend group that'd be interested in playing any Nintendo stuff together so that won't be an issue. The Pro Controller they showed off looked great and will probably be my main means of playing NX titles.

2Uq2HbF.jpg

Also... I'm getting Frankenstein wavebird vibes from this.

Edit: For comparisons sake.

wavebird.jpg

Last edited:
I like that it seems to be matte instead of glossy like the Wii U. The Wii U Gamepad always looked disgusting from all the smudges and fingerprints.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"