Obligatory scene?

Spider - Man

Sidekick
Reaction score
In the Spider-man series so far, we've had Spidey's mask removed in both films (blown mostly off in the climax in SM1 and removed voluntarily several times in SM2) and I'm positive Sam will have at least one mask-off-while-in-costume-so-we-can-see-Pete's-emotions shot in SM3.

So I was thinking, if there were such an obligatory scene in each FF sequel, I would think it might be The Thing turning back into Ben at least once. I seem to recall in the early Kirby issues, this used to happen quite frequently (for no apparent reason and usually at inopportune moments - I'm getting older so my memory may be failing me) so I bet for added drama, and to get to see Ben's real face for added emotional impact, we might see this kind of scene. Maybe Thingy fighting SS and just as he's about to deliver a haymaker, he turns back to Grimm. He is elated - "I'm - I'm Ben again!" - and forgets the SS. SS, seeing him as no longer a threat, flies off. Just as he does, ben turns back into the Thing and starts venting his rage at the retreating silver figure - "Noooo, it ain't fair! Come back here, ya crum bum an' let me clobber ya!!" (seems I recall something like that from an early issue). Anyway, my 2 cents.

that would be great!!..and very true to the comics...i would love to see that

In the comics the SS can play about with all forms of radiation so having him undo Ben's change (if only temporarilly) is workable (not sure if the SS ever did that to Ben in the comics but I am sure he did do that to the Hulk once).

While Ben has switched back and forth quite a bit in the comics, I personally thing it's important to keep him entirely as the Thing this time around. He had enough "Ben Grimm" time last film, and I'd like to see him remain the Thing in this film just to emphasize that this really is a permanent thing . . . not something that can be turned on and off easily.

As for "obligatory scenes", I'd like to see (some of these they touched on in the first film):

1. Ben and Johnny playing jokes on one another and, at some point Ben losing his temper with Johnny.

2. Some "down-time" at the Baxter building.

3. Reed working on a very large, complex device and Ben lifting/moving things for him with Reed explaining way more than Ben uderstands or wants to hear.

4. Ben out on the street/in public dressed in street clothes but still looking very out of place (looks like we already know we'll get this one):up:

5. Sue getting annoyed that Reed's got his nose stuck in some project.

6. Ben being convinced that Alicia can't really love him.

Spider - Man said:
In the Spider-man series so far, we've had Spidey's mask removed in both films (blown mostly off in the climax in SM1 and removed voluntarily several times in SM2) and I'm positive Sam will have at least one mask-off-while-in-costume-so-we-can-see-Pete's-emotions shot in SM3.

So I was thinking, if there were such an obligatory scene in each FF sequel, I would think it might be The Thing turning back into Ben at least once. I seem to recall in the early Kirby issues, this used to happen quite frequently (for no apparent reason and usually at inopportune moments - I'm getting older so my memory may be failing me) so I bet for added drama, and to get to see Ben's real face for added emotional impact, we might see this kind of scene. Maybe Thingy fighting SS and just as he's about to deliver a haymaker, he turns back to Grimm. He is elated - "I'm - I'm Ben again!" - and forgets the SS. SS, seeing him as no longer a threat, flies off. Just as he does, ben turns back into the Thing and starts venting his rage at the retreating silver figure - "Noooo, it ain't fair! Come back here, ya crum bum an' let me clobber ya!!" (seems I recall something like that from an early issue). Anyway, my 2 cents.

or

or

something good

Haha. He is The Thing from now on. If he ever changes to Ben again I vomit. In flashbacks or dream sequences maybe but otherwise no.

As for scenes that must be obligatory...you know I have to start with Doom:

*Doom must yell "RICHARDS!!!"
*Doom must be sitting on his throne, barking orders to his minions
*Doombots marching throughout Latveria
*Doom luring the Surfer to his clutches...

*Reed and Victor get into an intellectual battle of wits...

*The Surfer starts to see that humanity is worth saving

I am sure I will think of more later....

GoblinScrier said:
As for scenes that must be obligatory...you know I have to start with Doom:

*Doom must yell "RICHARDS!!!"
*Doom must be sitting on his throne, barking orders to his minions
*Doombots marching throughout Latveria
*Doom luring the Surfer to his clutches...

*Reed and Victor get into an intellectual battle of wits...

*The Surfer starts to see that humanity is worth saving

I am sure I will think of more later....

I really was hoping they did something similar in the first movie.It really would of added to the almost non-exsistant rivalry in the first.I wan't them to really despise each other.

Non existant rivalry??? Did we watch the same movie?

Well blame Fox for that. They cut out tons of footage. But with the screentime Doom and Richards had I got a very clear sense of rivalry going on between them.

^Yeah, I agree. One of the first scenes at Doom Enterprises (with Sue working alongside Doom) oozed rivalry between the two.

Umm im sure our comic community would love Having Ben turn back on again off again we would probably appreciate it, but other ppl who arn't familiar might think WTH!

Spider - Man said:

I think it be better to keep Sue taking of her clothes to escape situations.

As much as I loved the Johnny/Ben "conflicts" (and hope to see more), I also enjoyed the Sue/Johnny quips. Like when he was first discovering his flame and Sue asked him to stop "flicking" his fingers. They were like;
Sue: Stop it. OK?
Johnny: OK
Sue: God.
Johnny: God.

Or the scene where Johnny tells her to stop being like Mom...

I just thought those added to the 'family' ambience and linked those two together well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"