OC shakeup...'bout time

Red

King Littlefinger
Reaction score
I really enjoyed the OC season one, it was different and fresh, but part way through season 2 stopped watching as it fell into the trap alot of shows do with the, "So what now" complex.
Any who with Schwartz coming back hopefully it can get the show back how it was and the viewers will come a calling.

Huge Spoiler

I've been saying it for a while now, and it seems the people behind the show agree with me, the show was never gonna bust its cherry until
Marissa died

Thank GOD....now if only Smallville could get rid of Lana for exactly the same reasons....

Every week on the OC, I wonder how any one character could have so much, but be so winy and stupid.....

The best thing about the show was the Seth-Ryan brotherly interplay, NOT the teen angst...IMO

They're getting rid of the hottest actress on the show? What a dumb move. Not that I watch the show, but it's still dumb. Why do you guys watch this crap anyway?

cause it's entertaining.....I'm not that bothered i think taylor will make up part of the core four and of course people kaitlins age will be introduced as apparently she moves bak to newport....i just hope they do it right and chino gets to say goodbye

Gamma Ray said:
They're getting rid of the hottest actress on the show?

No, not Rachel Bilson, silly!! The other chick!

best move they could possibly have made. her character was unbearable from day one, even when The OC didn't suck.

caught an episode a few months ago, and I couldn't for the life of me understand why anybody would want to date that b|tch (Marissa, not Mischa)

The Marissa/Ryan interaction has always been good IMO, thye have a lot of chemistry, but they played with her character too much.

I'm glad theyre doing this. I havent seen much of this season, because I really didnt think it was as good as it used to be. But I'm SO tired of, when a shows major character gets killed, they make it an old character. The only shows I watch that hasnt done that is lost and 24.

so she's dead now and we also loose Summer shes going to college and we probaly wont see her till 2007. I knew it was Marissa because she was in talks to play Supergirl, u dont talk with producers unless u kno u have time to take off before hand.

giggs11uk said:
so she's dead now and we also loose Summer shes going to college and we probaly wont see her till 2007. I knew it was Marissa because she was in talks to play Supergirl, u dont talk with producers unless u kno u have time to take off before hand.

This is the first I'm hearing about her playing Supergirl! In what capacity? Live-action, animated?

In any event, the episode was just beautiful! I loved how they intercut scenes of Ryan carrying her out of the alley in Tianjuana from the first season, with him carrying her away from the car after it exploded.

I'm sure Summer will still be there in some way shape or form. We still see Allison Mack's character every episode of Smallville, even though she lives and works in Metropolis.

I thought it was a good move. Never cared that much for Marissa personaly.

I saw the death scene. Are these kids stupid or do they just hate living? That was the most unreal response to that kind of situation. Again I ask: Why do people watch this crap!?

Darthphere said:
The Marissa/Ryan interaction has always been good IMO, thye have a lot of chemistry, but they played with her character too much.
Yeah, the writers toyed with her character excessively. In all honesty I don't like how shows are following the LOST, 24 and Prison Break trends of killing off major characters in order to "rejuvinate" a show.

ord0g said:
Yeah, the writers toyed with her character excessively. In all honesty I don't like how shows are following the LOST, 24 and Prison Break trends of killing off major characters in order to "rejuvinate" a show.

Just looks bad on the show. People can leave, breakup or maybe die of a disease but it just doesn't fit certain shows by having someone killed.

I'd heard Mischa Barton was leaving the show.How did she bite it?

A.J.Rimmer(BSC) said:
The best thing about the show was the Seth-Ryan brotherly interplay, NOT the teen angst...IMO
I agree. I liked season one and stomached my way through a bit of season 2, but eventually it just got boring to me. Always hated Marissa anyway.

i thought trey was a good dynamic when he was there theres and interplay between seth ryan and trey over breakfast just before an intro in one ep which i thought was amazing

Wow, I didn't know guys watched that show! You should be ashamed of yourselves!

The OC is a glorified version of those terrible-predictible-pathetic-cheesy daytime soaps. I used to watch it on & off until this year but I came to realise how repetetive it was. When I started to watch it again it was like I hadn't missed an episode, every thing was the same as usual. Are Ryan & Marissa still together? Is Julie really as evil as we think she is? Ooo, there's a new b.i.tch in town, watch out every one, she's going to shake things up!..In hopes of more ratings.

I absolutley can't stand Marissa or the teen angst that always follows her.
The best part of the show is Seth, as some one mentioned earlier.I think it is because he is the character that most of us here can relate to & you have to admit that when ever he makes a reference to Star Wars, LOTR or any comic book, you love it.

actually ryan is the one i relate to much more like him constant fights and all, similar dress sense etc, it's a good show i think its just as good for guys

Red X said:
I really enjoyed the OC season one, it was different and fresh, but part way through season 2 stopped watching as it fell into the trap alot of shows do with the, "So what now" complex.
Any who with Schwartz coming back hopefully it can get the show back how it was and the viewers will come a calling.

Huge Spoiler
I agree the first season was really good. 2nd season alright. 3rd season :down. The stories in the 2nd and 3rd are bad! :(. I loved the 1st season.maybe its time to stop making them :)

*xmenfan* said:
I agree the first season was really good. 2nd season alright. 3rd season :down. The stories in the 2nd and 3rd are bad! :(. I loved the 1st season.maybe its time to stop making them :)

But you have to admit, any "bad" stories from the last two seasons were mostly Marrisa's fault! With her gone, the show can finally evolve. Her and Ryan could only break up and get back together so many times, it was already becoming redundant. And her character couldn't just leave, 'cause there's always the possibility of them coming back, even Anna came back, but I love Samaire Armstrong to death, and would have no problem with her as a series regular. She's tasty!

But Marrisa, always seems to end up with dudes who inevitably stalk her, always turns to drugs or alcohol, forgetting how her as OD'ed in TJ, and on and on and on.

And Ryan needs to stay single next season, ALL of next season. He keeps meeting girls he swears he'll like marry after college, and they always leave him after like four episodes. I know Ryan's not the type to ho-hop, but maybe let him have a few more flings like that waitress he banged when he went to visit his mom.

KenK said:
This is the first I'm hearing about her playing Supergirl! In what capacity? Live-action, animated?

In any event, the episode was just beautiful! I loved how they intercut scenes of Ryan carrying her out of the alley in Tianjuana from the first season, with him carrying her away from the car after it exploded.

I'm sure Summer will still be there in some way shape or form. We still see Allison Mack's character every episode of Smallville, even though she lives and works in Metropolis.

It was supposed to be Live-action if Superman Returns makes alot in the box office. Nothing is for certain yet

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"