Official Sony Gamers Day 2007 Thread (Ratchet and Clank Demo + more)

Zenien

Reaction score
gap.jpg

Official Sony Gamers Day 2007 Thread

This is where we put all the announcements, rumours, and any snippets of information we can get between now and the end of the media embargo.

What we know...

- A 3 day event taking place between Monday 14th May and Wednesday 16th May.

- Sony's version of X05/06 etc, close timing to the usual time of E3, essentially Sony's own E3

- The event is press-invite only

- Ratchet and Clank will be revealed with a short playable demo

- Media is embargoed until the end of the week

- PS3, PS2 and PSP games will be at the show

sweeeeeeeet cant wait, two more days.

Hopes for the show:

- Explosion of 3rd party exclusives, but save some for E3 of course.

- A game that finally proves the PS3 can at least match up to the 360 (Motorstorm came close but it wasn't perfect).

- Sony Store UK announcements. I know how much I go on about this but the update this week? They put Lemmings back on the front page. Nothing new at all. Bloody. Hell.

- Better look at God of War PSP.

- Slew of PS1 for PS3 and PSP games announced.

- Something new on MGS4, maybe just more on how its definately not going to 360.

- Demo of new PS3 vibration controller.

Well I guess they've got to leave SOME stuff for E3 but still...

i was looking forward to seeing if square would finaly realese info on the new kingdom hearts title, but there not sharing anything till TGS, so now i gotta wait till the end of september!! X(

i too also want to see more exclusives for ps3.

deffinitly wana see some more of Gow chains/blades of olympus.

What I'm hoping for:

- God of War 3 announced
- Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots release date
- Dual Shock 3
- Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops 2

I think we might get news of Dual Shock 3 or I certainly hope so.

Killzone is confirmed to appear for the first time at E3 :p

This waiting things sucks, it's all embargo city until the end of the week. :cmad:

I WANT A REAL KILLZONE 2 TRAILER!

Also, playable MGS4 would be nice.

The new maps are supposed to be release later this month.

I want to MGS info, new Killzone info, new GOS PSP info, and some official news about dual shock PS3 controllers. The only thing that I ALMOST NEED is new info on Guns of the Patriots. An actual gameplay video with third person shooting would be nice, but I don't remember any of that for MGS3: Subsistenc. All I remember before the game came out was cinematic trailers that didn't really show much gameplay. Real Killzone footage would be a nice bonus.

I'm not sure about the other stuff but the next showing of MGS4 is suppose to be at E3 in July, same with Killzone. But Sony first Party stuff is a lock.

Hopefully we'll see some new Lair, Heavenly Sword, Ratchet and Clank etc.

why hasnt any information been released yet?

I believe information comes at the end of the week

sgd2.jpg

Looks good.

A Bunch of Unconfirmed announcements

SN
- David Jaffe will be forming his own studio focusing on downloadable content. SCEA involved in two downloadable titles with the new studio.
- Relay (Sony Online Entertainment in partnership with Factor5) is an online MMO, the game is based in a Western styled sci-fi universe. The game has some strategy elements. Likened to both Advance Wars and Halo Wars. 15 second trailer and no dates given.
- "the next" Syphon Filter game could be a PSN game based around DLC with a Blu Ray release at the end.
- Stardust HD
- Nucleuz likened to Blast Factor
- Vegas Poker
- Top down arcade shooter. [untitled] Compared to Capcom's 1942
- Arcade base shooter [untitled] Compared to Metal Slug
- Loco Roco not shown
- We will see some user generated stuff suprises!

PS3
- Uncharted by Naughty Dog Game of the show
- Lair by Factor5, playable demo coming to PSN in June, August release. Exceptional frame rate now.
- Eye of Judgement by SCE Japan, shown. Works with PlayStation Eye peripheral (also shown)
- Ratchet and Clank Future by Insomniac, looking fantastic but has some frame issues. less than 30 fps currently
- Heavenly Sword by Ninja Theory. Looking fantastic.
- Sony has over 40 PlayStation 3 games in development at present, this number is for retail games. To be shown later in the year.
- Eight Days to be based on episodic content. Each day is an episode- potential Blu Ray release at the end. Sony's experiment with DLC to deliver a game sooner rather than later.
- SlantSixGames working on something. Follow that lead.
- The most succesful PSN games wlil be featured on Blu Ray compilations.

PSP
- Nothing mentioned.

PS2
- Nothing but hints regarding classic PS2 titles.

Eight Days looks absolutely incredible from that old trailer. I hope it gets a Blu-ray release cause... PSN'd just suck. :huh:

Those Uncharted videos were absoultely awesome, that'll be an amazing game. Good to see Soccom back and Syphon Filter PSP.

Pain movie had me in tears of laughter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"