The OFFICIAL ANT-MAN/Giant-man Thread

I say you use Ultron similar to what they did with Loki in Thor then in Avengers.

I think Antman should introduce Ultron as his bad guy and maybe from there Avengers 2 have "The Master of Evil" with Ultron leading them. Thanos should still pay a role, but should be saved for Avenger 3 (part 1 and part 2: why not? Twilight and Harry potter did it) (where part 1, he beats them all up and part 2 he gets taken down) This way we might get a chance to get adam warlock, black panther, Msmarvel, she hulk in on Thanos, also build up the IG for people who don't know what it is.

would be interesting to see the avengers fighting a team of villains for once, definetly.

about Ultron, not sure if Marvel will use him as the only villain in an avengers sequel, specially if he was used in an Ant-man movie. As marcvader says, it would be the same formula than Loki.

lets hope Marvel is able to bring something new and fresh with the next villains, in the avengers sequels. As long as they have a great creative team and let them some freedom, they will do it.

would be interesting to see the avengers fighting a team of villains for once, definetly.

about Ultron, not sure if Marvel will use him as the only villain in an avengers sequel, specially if he was used in an Ant-man movie. As marcvader says, it would be the same formula than Loki.

lets hope Marvel is able to bring something new and fresh with the next villains, in the avengers sequels. As long as they have a great creative team and let them some freedom, they will do it.

Nothing wrong with that. Ultron needs some development. If they do use Ultron, I am hoping its the same way as Loki. And I am hoping he's the only villian

I do hope he is the only villain as he's capable enough. There's just so much story goodness with his relationship to Hank and Jan and then Vision that I want to pull my hair out of my my head whenever I read someone suggesting Stark having a hand in his creation. Leave it the way it was Marvel it's one of your best storylines.

if you both know the source material, and think its a great storyline to be more than enough for one sequel, Ill trust your feelings, then

:D

I think that Loki formula works well. I mean, if they do GotG, they're introducing Thanos as the main villain there... it's a good thing, making these multi-movie villains makes them bigger and badder, and establishes why they can be a threat against a multi-movie team.

I think having the Avengers fight a team of super Villain would further develop they bond from part one. What is more powerful than Loki + Army of aliens, but less powerful than Thanos/w IG? a team compose of supervillians that can match the Avengers power for power. It will move a little away from the alien invasion idea: that some people keep comparing to transformer (i hate how people did that). Not saying they should not have Thanos, but this will show that there is evil on earth that needs the Avengers to form for besides out of earth. Plus Marvel can lead the way again with the first cross villain teamup Movie adaptation. Somthing that Looks like the MvC3 (or UMvC3) Opening trailer for the final fight would be so nuts. (but replacing the Capcom characters with Avenger villains.)

Last edited:
Surley if Scott Lang is Ant-Man then Ultron would not turn up? I want Scott Lang, ecspeicaly as he has Cassie and might lead to Young Avengers making a cameo, but I still want Hank in the Avengers too, not as a past super hero.

I dont know the Ant-man arc from the comics, and all this Scott Lang/Hank/alter egos issue, but....

is it possible that the actor who portray Ant-man in his own movie cant be the same in an Avengers sequel?

Last edited:
I dont know the Ant-man arc from the comics, and all this Scott Lang/Hank/alter egos issue, but....

is it possible that the actor who portray Ant-man in his own movie cant be the same in an Avengers sequel?

There's several "Ant-Men." Hank Pym is the first, and most important; he created the costume/hero, but he quickly "reversed the polarity" of his little "Pym particles" and grew to giant size instead, and has been more famous as Giant-Man/Goliath in the Avengers for most of the past 50 years.

Sometime in the 80s (maybe late 70s....?), one of the Avengers writers resurrected the old Ant-Man costume and gave it to Scott Lang, and Lang as Ant-Man became a fairly prominent Avenger in the 90s-00s.

More recently, Eric O'Grady has become "The Irredeemable Ant-Man," and he's become moderately notorious in the modern Marvel universe for being the most lecherous cad on the planet.

Apparently, the Edgar Wright film features Hank Pym as an old Ant-Man from the 1960s, and Scott Lang is more or less the real hero of the movie, so it seems to follow the storyline where Lang first stole and donned the Ant-Man suit.

What effect this approach will have on the Avengers sequels remains to be seen. At this point, Wright has said that his characters won't appear in the Avengers at all, but that's outdated information which might have changed by now.

Don't you have an Ant-Man avy :doh:?

because Im really anticipating his movie.

But Im a X-men fan since many years ago.

Im not into comics at all, out of the x-men world, in fact Ive only read some numbers from The Ultimates, some years ago.

Last edited:
There's several "Ant-Men." Hank Pym is the first, and most important; he created the costume/hero, but he quickly "reversed the polarity" of his little "Pym particles" and grew to giant size instead, and has been more famous as Giant-Man/Goliath in the Avengers for most of the past 50 years.

Sometime in the 80s (maybe late 70s....?), one of the Avengers writers resurrected the old Ant-Man costume and gave it to Scott Lang, and Lang as Ant-Man became a fairly prominent Avenger in the 90s-00s.

More recently, Eric O'Grady has become "The Irredeemable Ant-Man," and he's become moderately notorious in the modern Marvel universe for being the most lecherous cad on the planet.

Apparently, the Edgar Wright film features Hank Pym as an old Ant-Man from the 1960s, and Scott Lang is more or less the real hero of the movie, so it seems to follow the storyline where Lang first stole and donned the Ant-Man suit.

What effect this approach will have on the Avengers sequels remains to be seen. At this point, Wright has said that his characters won't appear in the Avengers at all, but that's outdated information which might have changed by now.

thanks for all the info.

I like the 60's set from the Edgar proyect, but find it a bit weird, since Marvel probably want his solo movie to lead to his inclusion on the team, so lets see how this ends.

I hope they dont go the Captain America route, having another character/actor coming from the past

I just really love Edgar and everything he has done. Knowing he is doing the movie makes me SOOOO hoping this movie comes soon!

I know NOTHING on Ant-man tho lol Anyone care to tell me some comics with him?

I really wanna get into Ant-man.

because Im really anticipating his movie.

But Im a X-men fan since many years ago.

Im not into comics at all, out of the x-men world, in fact Ive only read some numbers from The Ultimates, some years ago.

tumblr_m6xl1jChXb1qcchw5.gif

I'm an awful, awful person that gets annoyed with people that claim to love superheroes but don't read the movies.

Believe it or not some people are not interested in reading comics but love the movies. I got over it, you should too. :)

I'm an awful, awful person that gets annoyed with people that claim to love superheroes but don't read the movies.

dont read movies?

:woot:

and I read comics......... just from the X-men world :)

Woops :3 yeah, I don't really have much of a problem with it. It's one of my pet peaves :woot:

Even though I don't fret over it anymore, my problem was always with people that never read the source material not understanding that the reason there is a movie even being made in the first place is because of the comic and the interest there is in it. Then they try to convince you that this needs to be done this way or that way.

I like comics really, specially the Marvel world, and would like to read more..... but I use to have a problem with seating down to read in general, whatever it is, a comic or a book

:woot:

so that's my issue :doh:

:oldrazz:

Give me a good book I will read it. Give me a comic, good or bad, I will read it.

hopefully I'll change soon....

anyway, lets go back to the topic.

Do you think is possible to see Wasp on the Ant-man movie?

if its set only on the 60's, clearly not (at least lets hope not).... but if Edgar jumps in time, she could be used as more than a cameo... not sure if Id like that or not, yet...

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Philippe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"