The OFFICIAL ANT-MAN/Giant-man Thread

I HOPE SO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

even if its a cameo on Ironman 3 or the release date of his own movie

I just hope they announce something FINALLY

I really hope this film gets announced for fall/winter 2014. I'd love to see Marvel finally do 3 films in one year.

I had a dream Wasp and Pym turned up at the end of IM3 :woot:

that would be amazing!

and with well known actors, to shock the audience some way, and the fans specially.

Cant wait to see both with the rest of the avengers in a big action sequence, it will be such an spectacle. And really cool to see someone as big as Hulk with a sexy woman with the size of a wasp. its a pretty good and interesting contrast, and would be a really cool watch, without doubt, even if some haters cant feel it yet. but the day Marvel does it, everyone would love to see them all together, with such different powers

Alright, I'm going to throw my two cents in on this one.

I think the idea of doing both the Hank Pym/Scott Lang story-lines for the Ant-Man movie is really interesting. I think it's a really creative route and would love to see how Wright could pull it off.

Personally, in my mind, I see it being sort of like what was going on in Watchmen. You have these two stories being told simultaneously, even though they are decades apart. Speaking strictly from a story-telling perspective, it offers the film-makers the opportunity to give a lot more back-story and exposition in a shorter amount of time. Let's keep in mind that these movies are on a time-table and aren't going to be made forever. It's a creative solution to that problem.

Let's be honest, the majority of us are probably a bit more interested in seeing Hank and Janet than Scott. The great thing about the split-story idea is that it offers the film-makers the option to show both stories; You could have the Hank/Janet origin story (set in the 1960's) and then the Scott Lang story (set in modern times).

Hypothetically speaking, it allows Ant-Man to be used in The Avengers 2 without bloating the roster too much. Just use the Scott Lang version. I know this isn't necessarily what all the fans want, but from a production point-of-view it makes sense.

Back to the Ant-Man origin story: I think it would be kind of interesting to see it told with the back-drop of the 'red scare'. The 60's were a time of wide-ranging political turmoil, with both the American and Russian governments going so far as to invest in "psychic spying". A man that can make himself small enough to ride on the back of an ant? Sounds like something that the American government of the 1960's (and maybe even an early incarnation of S.H.I.E.L.D?) would be interested in investigating. :cwink:

As far as Ultron goes: They could even show Hank developing Ultron in the past, and then "Ultron Mk. II" (aka The Vision) in the present age.

Just a couple of fun little ideas I had.

no leaked footgate yet??

even a screncap?? lol

Im so glad about the San Diego confirmation, this can become another great Marvel movie, like Ironman, with that mix of action, humour, suspense and all kind of elements

I hope this movie gets a 2015 release date!

I've been waiting for this movie since 2008!

Alright, I'm going to throw my two cents in on this one.

I think the idea of doing both the Hank Pym/Scott Lang story-lines for the Ant-Man movie is really interesting. I think it's a really creative route and would love to see how Wright could pull it off.

Personally, in my mind, I see it being sort of like what was going on in Watchmen. You have these two stories being told simultaneously, even though they are decades apart. Speaking strictly from a story-telling perspective, it offers the film-makers the opportunity to give a lot more back-story and exposition in a shorter amount of time. Let's keep in mind that these movies are on a time-table and aren't going to be made forever. It's a creative solution to that problem.

Let's be honest, the majority of us are probably a bit more interested in seeing Hank and Janet than Scott. The great thing about the split-story idea is that it offers the film-makers the option to show both stories; You could have the Hank/Janet origin story (set in the 1960's) and then the Scott Lang story (set in modern times).

Hypothetically speaking, it allows Ant-Man to be used in The Avengers 2 without bloating the roster too much. Just use the Scott Lang version. I know this isn't necessarily what all the fans want, but from a production point-of-view it makes sense.

Back to the Ant-Man origin story: I think it would be kind of interesting to see it told with the back-drop of the 'red scare'. The 60's were a time of wide-ranging political turmoil, with both the American and Russian governments going so far as to invest in "psychic spying". A man that can make himself small enough to ride on the back of an ant? Sounds like something that the American government of the 1960's (and maybe even an early incarnation of S.H.I.E.L.D?) would be interested in investigating. :cwink:

As far as Ultron goes: They could even show Hank developing Ultron in the past, and then "Ultron Mk. II" (aka The Vision) in the present age.

Just a couple of fun little ideas I had.

The way I see it, Wright could still have his Cold War-era Hank Pym Ant-Man....but set it in the 1980s instead of the 1960s. The 1980s still represent one of the "hottest" eras for the Cold War (that's why Watchmen only works in that era), so it still makes sense. That would make "Old Man Hank" 20 years younger than a 1960s version....I could easily, easily see a 50something Hank Pym with salt-n-pepper hair, looking like a genuine Reed Richards genius. You could even keep Janet as a young woman, 20something, and add a new layer to the Hank & Janet relationship by making it May-December.

In fact, I like that idea even better than seeing Hank Pym as a genius in his 20s or 30s. Too bad Edgar Wright doesn't listen to me, or return my calls, or lift the restraining order. :csad:

I hope this movie gets a 2015 release date!

I've been waiting for this movie since 2008!

November 2014 seems better, at least for me :woot:

three years for this movie is too much, lol we need something fresh soon, these iron man, cap and thors sequels arent enough, we already know them, so bring on the new heroes, Marvel!!

I really like that idea cherokeesam!

My only real concern would be that, from what I understand, they are pretty set on the idea of showing Lang. That could just be rumor though.

As long as it has a great story and strong acting, I think most of us will be happy.

Are there still rumors going around about Nathan Fillion playing Pym?

no more rumours. He didnt want the job

And hopefully Edgar W. has someone different in mind

:)

That's a shame. I thought Fillion would be a great fit for the role.

However, I am sure that Wright will find someone who can carry the role and do it justice.

Hopefully we get a 2014 release and have an Ultron story, with Thanos still as a minor character, or even having some involvement.

Personally I would prefer Pym all along.

Id like Pym in the Avengers sequel, without doubt, and with Wasp.

but I think the Scott Lang storyline is a good one too.... but not sure how Marvel can do both, specially regarding his inclussion on the team after his solo movie.

I dont see one known actor as the lead in Antman, and then another actor as Antman on Avengers 2.

I think general audience would be confused.

Lets hope Marvel and Edgar has a smart idea to pull this off perfectly.

Id like Pym in the Avengers sequel, without doubt, and with Wasp.

but I think the Scott Lang storyline is a good one too.... but not sure how Marvel can do both, specially regarding his inclussion on the team after his solo movie.

I dont see one known actor as the lead in Antman, and then another actor as Antman on Avengers 2.

I think general audience would be confused.

Lets hope Marvel and Edgar has a smart idea to pull this off perfectly.

To me, the pieces fit together perfectly, and sensibly enough:

Hank Pym is an older scientist, say in his 50s now, who discovered the "Pym particles" back in the 1980s and figured out how to miniaturize himself as Ant-Man. He gets tired of the cloak and dagger stuff with SHIELD, though (he's essentially a hippie peacenik), and drops out of spycraft.

Fast forward to the 2010s, and thief Scott Lang breaks into Pym's mansion (provided to Hank in a generous retirement package by Nick Fury, courtesy of the American taxpayer), steals some stuff, including the Ant-Man suit. Lang becomes the new Ant-Man, and Pym eventually warms to the idea (mainly because of the ol' tugging heartstrings story about poor little dying Cassie) and winds up mentoring him.

Janet Van Dyne, Hank's hot younger girlfriend, catches wind of what the two "Ant-Men" are up to, and wants a piece of the action. Hank is reluctant, but Janet is too strong-willed for him to refuse, so he uses the miniaturization on her in a risky procedure that somehow requires both him and her to be part of the experiment. The experiment is, well, successful, but not necessarily in the way Hank intended: Janet miniaturizes all right, and becomes the ever-lovin' Wasp; but the Pym particles reverse in *his* procedure and he actually grows to giant size. Enter: Giant-Man.

So our three amigos --- Giant-Man, Ant-Man and Wasp --- finish the movie with a climactic flourish; Fury talks Hank into coming back into SHIELD; Janet and Lang want to come, too. Avengers 2: Giant-Man, Ant-Man and Wasp join the roster.

It's simple, elegant, and even slightly faithful to canon.

But.....yeah, it's a pipedream. And I'm sure Wright doesn't give a damn about how the pieces fit into the Avengers. He's telling his story, and canon and continuity be damned. :csad:

I, for the most part, agree with you cherokeesam.

I do like the idea of an older Pym mentoring Lang.

The biggest change I would make would be to focus solely on Hank and Janet in the Ant-Man solo movie. Introduce Lang only at the end, and let him be Ant-Man for The Avengers 2. Then I would show, during the climatic A2 battle, Pym remotely reverse the Pym particles and suddenly Lang turns into Giant-Man/Goliath.

I think perhaps that's ok for Wright to focus on the story he wants to tell. I'm sure that he will respect that over-arching franchise, but he does need to focus on what he is working on - the rest will fall into place.

Keep in mind that this sort of thing is virtually unprecedented in the film world.

Hank Pym is an older scientist, say in his 50s now, who discovered the "Pym particles" back in the 1980s and figured out how to miniaturize himself as Ant-Man. He gets tired of the cloak and dagger stuff with SHIELD, though (he's essentially a hippie peacenik), and drops out of spycraft.

Fast forward to the 2010s, and thief Scott Lang breaks into Pym's mansion (provided to Hank in a generous retirement package by Nick Fury, courtesy of the American taxpayer), steals some stuff, including the Ant-Man suit. Lang becomes the new Ant-Man, and Pym eventually warms to the idea (mainly because of the ol' tugging heartstrings story about poor little dying Cassie) and winds up mentoring him.

Janet Van Dyne, Hank's hot younger girlfriend, catches wind of what the two "Ant-Men" are up to, and wants a piece of the action. Hank is reluctant, but Janet is too strong-willed for him to refuse, so he uses the miniaturization on her in a risky procedure that somehow requires both him and her to be part of the experiment. The experiment is, well, successful, but not necessarily in the way Hank intended: Janet miniaturizes all right, and becomes the ever-lovin' Wasp; but the Pym particles reverse in *his* procedure and he actually grows to giant size. Enter: Giant-Man.

So our three amigos --- Giant-Man, Ant-Man and Wasp --- finish the movie with a climactic flourish; Fury talks Hank into coming back into SHIELD; Janet and Lang want to come, too. Avengers 2: Giant-Man, Ant-Man and Wasp join the roster.

But.....yeah, it's a pipedream. And I'm sure Wright doesn't give a damn about how the pieces fit into the Avengers. He's telling his story, and canon and continuity be damned. :csad:

but wouldnt it be maybe too much to have Ant-man and Giantman in his first movie?

and has that happened in the comics? I mean, to have both heroes at the same time?

Ive always thought that Hank has been both Ant-man and Giantman... was I wrong? :huh:

I think the best thing to do if they want to include Lang is have him as a supporting character to Pym and Janet and then in a possible sequel adapt "To Steal an Ant-Man" so then Pym could be in Avengers 2 as Ant-Man still.

I don't think it would be good to have 3 size shapers in one team, 2 is enough. Also, it would be bad to have Wasp made out to be a money grabber and Hank some cradlerobber (better than a wife beater I geuss :o )
I'd like the first film to be Hank and Jan (which by the looks of things, isn't going to happen), at the end of A2, they quit, and in Ant Man 2 we get Scott.

However, I can either see it going these ways:
  • Hank is a flashback, Scott's original "Save Cassie" story.
  • No Hank. Just Scott. "Save Cassie" story.
  • Hank flashback with Jan. Scott."Save Cassie" story.
  • Hank flashback. Scott with Jan."Save Cassie" story.
  • A mix between Hank and Scott. Meaning, the "Save Cassie" story is there, Scott/Hank either makes or steals the Ant Man equipment to get money, Janet is his partner.
If I'd had to chose between the 5, I'd chose the last.

If it were up to me I'd probably go with scenario #3 or scenario #5.

I don't think an age difference necessarily implies that there is any gold-digging/cradle-robbing going on. I mean, if Hank were 70 and Janet was 25, then yeah, I'd probably assume that, but them being 15 to 20 years apart isn't as bad.

Let me preface what I'm about to say with this statement: Wife-beating is wrong. Men who do such things are not even worthy of the title of 'man'.

I think that the abusive relationship between Hank and Janet is integral to their story. They should obviously tone it down a WHOLE LOT for the movie, but I think the characters having flaws is really important.

- Iron Man is narcissistic and an alcoholic.
- Captain America has a bit of problem with inadequacy, most notably in the first half of his solo movie.
- Bruce Banner has, as Tony Stark put it, anger management issues.
- Thor, in his solo movie, was shown to have a superiority complex.

Watching these characters overcome their flaws is part of the experience. It makes them easier for the audience to relate to.

Am I saying we should see Hank slap Janet around the lab? No. Not at all. That would be terrible.

But perhaps they could imply a certain level of emotional abuse in the relationship? Maybe Hank projects his own frustrations onto Janet?

It's hard to make an argument for such a thing, but I do think it's important for the characters to be flawed in some way.

I'm just going to state my opinion on the Ant man movie. I love the story-line that goes with Hank and Janet and It will make a great movie but it needs to focus on character development like The Amazing Spider-man, The Incredible Hulk and Thor but still include action scenes.

The action scenes could have more of a spy movie tone, like how Iron man had a Sci-Fi/Thriller tone, Cap had a war movie tone and Thor had a mystical tone.

As for the villain for Antman it should probably be Scott Lang in a To Steal an Antman blot but there has to be some sort of surprise twist with a big villain like Radioactive Man or something. Ultron would make a clear cameo but in his state before being evil. But I really think that AIM and Wonderman should be introduced in Antman so that Wonderman can be on the masters of evil roster.

Also Avengers 2 should have Baron Zemo and the masters of evil for the main villains but Thanos can still play a role. The masters of evil would consist of Zemo(Introduced in Captain America 2), The Enchantress (Introduced in Thor 2), The Executioner (Thor 2), Abomination (The Incredible Hulk), Wonderman (Introduced in Antman) and Crimson Dynamo (Introduced Ironman 3).

Avengers 3 - Villain: Kang the Conquer -- New Avengers Members: Hawkeye (Holding a Major role and classic costume*), The Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver, Hank Pym as Goliath

Avengers 4- Villain: Ultron -- New Avengers Members: Black Panther (Introduced in Cap 2), Vision and Yellowjacket

images

I'm just going to state my opinion on the Ant man movie. I love the story-line that goes with Hank and Janet and It will make a great movie but it needs to focus on character development like The Amazing Spider-man, The Incredible Hulk and Thor but still include action scenes.

The action scenes could have more of a spy movie tone, like how Iron man had a Sci-Fi/Thriller tone, Cap had a war movie tone and Thor had a mystical tone.

As for the villain for Antman it should probably be Scott Lang in a To Steal an Antman blot but there has to be some sort of surprise twist with a big villain like Radioactive Man or something. Ultron would make a clear cameo but in his state before being evil. But I really think that AIM and Wonderman should be introduced in Antman so that Wonderman can be on the masters of evil roster.

Also Avengers 2 should have Baron Zemo and the masters of evil for the main villains but Thanos can still play a role. The masters of evil would consist of Zemo(Introduced in Captain America 2), The Enchantress (Introduced in Thor 2), The Executioner (Thor 2), Abomination (The Incredible Hulk), Wonderman (Introduced in Antman) and Crimson Dynamo (Introduced Ironman 3).

Avengers 3 - Villain: Kang the Conquer -- New Avengers Members: Hawkeye (Holding a Major role and classic costume*), The Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver, Hank Pym as Goliath

Avengers 4- Villain: Ultron -- New Avengers Members: Black Panther (Introduced in Cap 2), Vision and Yellowjacket

images

I am soooo with you on all of that!!! That's how it should unfold.
But i thought the Ant Man movie is already scheduled to be released after Avenger's 2.

images
I don't think Crimson Dynamo is being introduced in Iron Man 3, and I think Thanos will have to be the main Avengers villain in Avengers 3 at the very latest, but let me stay on topic (Ant-Man) here.

All signs still only point to Ant-Man being a spy thriller movie, but that's with Scott Lang as a central character. Is it characteristic of Hank and Janet to be in a spy thriller movie? I'm only familiar with their characters through the A:EMH cartoon.

I really like your idea of introducing Simon Williams in Ant-Man. I don't know why.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"