Official 2008 MLB thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dodger

Sidekick
Reaction score
So, unlike my team, I guess I came through in the clutch. Playoffs were great, but the WS blew.

We'll, this offseason looks likes a good one.

I hope we all have a good offseason, and our teams have a great season.

Good Luck everyone in '08! :D :up:

Red Sox seem poised to repeat...

avg/hr/rbis

1. Ellsbury: 335 12 70
2. Pedroia: 330 5 50
3. Papi: 325 50 140 (with fixed knee will hit for wole season like he did in sep. this year)
4. Manny: 310 40 125 (contract year; look for big rebound)
5. Lowell (if signed): 320 16 100
6. J.D. Drew: 280 20 80
7. Youk: 300 20 75
8. Tek: 270 20 60
9. Lugo: 250 8 50

Rotation:

wins/losses/era

1. Beckett: 22-6 3.1
2. Dice-k: 20-10 3.3
3. Lester: 15-7 3.4
4. Buchholz:....19-7 3.1
5. Wake: 18-13 4.2

Pap in pen...42 saves in 46 chances

word is they wanna sign Lowell AND arod and dump Lugo; as well as signing JOHAN SANTANA....

avg/hr/rbis

3. Papi: 325 50 140 (with fixed knee will hit for wole season like he did in sep. this year)

Rotation:

wins/losses/era

word is they wanna sign Lowell AND arod and dump Lugo; as well as signing JOHAN SANTANA....

jesus Chrsit. the red sox are looking like the 1905 sox dynasty.

jesus Chrsit. the red sox are looking like the 1905 sox dynasty.

So you're saying we'll keep winning until 2018 and then have another 86 year drought??? I can live with that I guess, but my poor future kids and grandkids are screwed :(

Next year will be the 100th anniversary for the Cubs winning a series, which is my husband's favorite team. And of course, my Sox will win again preventing them from even having a chance. Rubbing it in his face it his ridiculous amounts of fun. :up:

So you're saying we'll keep winning until 2018 and then have another 86 year drought??? I can live with that I guess, but my poor future kids and grandkids are screwed :(

Yes. that exactly what I'm saying. lol :D I read about you being at the game. How awesome.. I know you hate gagne, I know, but I have too say that I am really glad that he won a ring. I will never forget him in '03 when he won his cy young.

Yeah, he did not earn it but he has one. Good for him.

I wonder what Johnny Damon is doing right now. I bet he feels like a winner. ******. :up:

Sportscenter has the breaking news about Joe Torre on there right now.

Grady Little: the next manager for the Royals.

they might as well start calling themselves "we just got better at being the yankees then the yankees"...

I always felt bad for Little. He isnt that bad of a manager. In LA, they had a new injury every other day. Dont get me started about his stint in Boston. While Francona is my boy, Little got a bad rap for leaving his best pitcher by far in a game....

Wth are you talking about???? I have heard that Lowell is almost a lock to resign, but the only reason Arod is rumored is because the Sox have money. Thats a horrible reason. The chemistry on the Red Sox is such that Arod would kill them, and everyone in that organization knows that. As far as Santana, I would love to see him pitch in Boston, but I see the Mets picking him up.

A-Rod is not going to Boston. The way Theo Espstein sounded after the World Series is that they weren't going to sign him. I think Theo even gave a bunch of reason why they wouldn't sign him. I think A-Rod ends up in L.A(Dodgers) or Chicago(Cubs)

The Mets and Yankees are in the running to acquire Santana. The Twins would probably ask for Reyes from the Mets. I don't know if the Mets would actually go through with it cause Reyes is one of their biggest offensive producers, but they need pitching. Livan Hernandez said he would love to join the Mets with his half brother "El Duque" so that may be the hole they fill.

The Yankees would offer Melky Cabrera to the Twins to fill the hole in center field, they would also give up either Phil Hughes or Ian Kennedy and another prospect to acquire Santana.

Abit early dont you think?

Anyways I hope A-Rod joins the Cubs.

I'd like to see the Yankees win next year or the year after that or both to commemorate the closing of the old Yankee Stadium and the opening of the new one.

Have to make it to the stadium next year. :up:

Santana isnt a free agent, they'd have to trade for him which would probably entail giving up Ellsbury and Bucholz in the process.

although doesnt it disgust you, that the Red Sox have basically become the Yankees now?

The Braves are a good team. I'll be surprised if they don't make the playoffs in 2008.

GO BRAVES!

avg/hr/rbis

Rotation:

wins/losses/era

man, if everyone put up the numbers you project they'd be unstoppable, but those are unrealistic expectations. i think a few of the players will improve a bit next year, but a few will decline, too. there's not way the rotation ends up with all 5 starters getting over 15 wins.

Grady Little: the next manager for the Royals.

nah, they just hired trey hillman to manage the club. he was the minor league manager of the year twice in the yankees organization and i think he won 1 or 2 championships in japan as a manager. he's a big up-and-comer.

Santana isnt a free agent, they'd have to trade for him which would probably entail giving up Ellsbury and Bucholz in the process.

although doesnt it disgust you, that the Red Sox have basically become the Yankees now?

i doubt the sox would make that deal. santana still has one year left on his contract and the sox wouldn't trade away their best prospects for a one-year rental.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"