Official 2012 Nickelodeon Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Discussion

Don't really care for the theme song either. Overall, I'l give the show a high "C".

Loved the first episode... Very much looking forward to this.... Was very skeptical prior to the pilot..... All skepticism gone can't wait for Shredder to make his present known!!!

They're trying to build some kind of balance between all the incarnations. The goofy ones and the ones with the more hardcore storylines. The show itself is still pretty violent in that regard.

This was an amazingly awesome surprise. Great writing, voice acting and story so far.

Love the animation and some of the "animeish" type gags they do. Loving it. :up:

This was definitely a lot better than I thought it was gonna be. A lot of nods to Turtles history packed in. It's for definitely for kids, but not dumbed down. It had a lot of charm and most of the jokes played, even if there were a few clunkers in there. I think they captured the TMNT spirit while molding it for a new generation. Was really impressed with the fighting and action. I was thinking this was going to be straight comedy but it seems to be hitting a good balance. You can tell that a lot of love was put into it. There's some definite promise for this show I think.

The premier today was awesome. Easily going to be another great Turtle show which could lead to another era of Turtlemania. I think there will be a lot of people eating crow now that the show is actually out.

I thought it was fantastic and hopefully this show will catch on.

I really like the "Turtles in training" theme. Remember when they were knocking in to each other? This show emphasizes "TEENAGE". Most other shows had them 19 or in their 20s. But I'm not bashing the other shows, I just like this new take.

the first episode was utterly fantastic. they knew exactly what i wanted from a tmnt cartoon. lets hope they can keep it up!

I really liked the show and loved the characters.
I think Splinter's daughter is going to be Karai.
Im hoping for Bebop & Rocksteady and the Technodrome.

That was my review, and I meant that Raph was just like what he would be like in the 90s Movie. And BTW, in my perspective, the TMNT have always been a little older in the recent shows.

That was my review, and I meant that Raph was just like what he would be like in the 90s Movie. And BTW, in my perspective, the TMNT have always been a little older in the recent shows.

In the 2003 cartoon (I only count the first 4 seasons) I saw them grow up from age 15 to 19. So when it started, roughly the same age as the new show. The only time we ever see them as adults is in the episode "Same As It Never Was." Such an awesome episode btw.

Just read the plot. and I love those future episodes!
Don%2CFuture_Leo%2CFuture_Raph_and_Future_Mikey_1.jpg

Wait, thats from an actual episode of the 2K3 cartoon? Man I wrote that thing off far too soon...

Whats the dvd relese of it like?

It was from the season called Fast Forward.

Tho i was not a huge fan on the TMNT CGI feature film, i enjoy this series. Along with many others, the 2k series is still the best. And that, to me, is because they stayed so close to the comics.

The new series scared me with the preview/teaser we were given a glimpse of. The look grew on me over time and right now i'm happy with it. HOWEVER, when Don n Mike were first to have different weapons, i wasn't having it. Watching the series, i seen that they're the same as ever, however can change. Thats something i can be alright with, because these guys are ninjas.

Splinter is so dumbed down and doesn't seem to carry any pain from his past and acts like it never happened, sort of bothers me. Him being once human and not wanting to visit the streets again doesn't give him... i wanna say realism?

Another thing i must add... i understand they wanted to reference Krang, but Krang is the name of a character, not the species. In one of the episodes of the 87 series, they called the species Kraangs, and i think that was to separate Krang as an individual. In the comics he didn't exsist, and the species were called Utroms.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"