Comics Official ASTONISHING X-MEN Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I couldn't see Storm fitting in with the style of this book. Perhaps because she wouldn't fit in on Morrison's title, and this feels almost like an extension of that. In fact, I think almost any other X-character, besides perhaps Warren, Bobby, and Kurt, wouldn't fit in this title.

Storm should've been on Uncanny, she should've gone to the Shi'ar again :( Almost every adventure of the X-Men up there had Ororo in it, no wait, every adventure of the X-Men in Shi'ar space had Ororo in it.

Exploding Boy said:
Kitty has the best chance out of the whole team(minus Emma) against the Hellfire Club.

Maybe. I just hope she kicks Emma's butt too.

Red Mask said:
Maybe. I just hope she kicks Emma's butt too.
Me too. I want to see her get back at her for all of her snide comments. Kitty needs to hand Emma's ass to her

can Perfection be Sage? does anyone kno where she went? i recently dropped all the x-titles except for astonishing. i cant fit in the other ones due 2 time and money. i completely dropped x-men books for about 2 yrs then got back into it when i bought myself the astonishing x-men tpb of the 1st story arc. since then i own every issue up 2 date. i even got the collectors special sketch cover of x-men #7. peace.

Mar420x said:
can Perfection be Sage? does anyone kno where she went? i recently dropped all the x-titles except for astonishing. i cant fit in the other ones due 2 time and money. i completely dropped x-men books for about 2 yrs then got back into it when i bought myself the astonishing x-men tpb of the 1st story arc. since then i own every issue up 2 date. i even got the collectors special sketch cover of x-men #7. peace.

Sage is a part of the New Excalibur team, so it's not her. She's also been an X-Man for the past several years, so I doubt she'd betray them anyway.

does anyone know if they're going to continue with astonishing after whedon leaves? or was this title specifically for him?

Mr Lex Luthor said:
Joss Whedon..is leaving??
He's only signed on until issue #24.

I remember hearing rumors that Greg Pak would be taking over Astonishing after issue #12. Then Whedon signed on for another 12 issues...

Pak would have been a horrible choice if that ever happened!

Still no word as to who may replace Whedon after his run is through or if the title will continue even.

I know many wouldn't agree with me, but if Whedon left it would be cool to have Morrison back. It didn't matter if you agreed with him, at least he actually wrote interesting arcs and did character development.

But back on Astonishing, I still can't wait to see what happens to Cyke in the next issue!

question...

i just started readin astonishing (13 was my first issue). can someone explain who the woman with the green hair is. i have no clue who she is or what is going on there.

thanks

americanguy96 said:
I know many wouldn't agree with me, but if Whedon left it would be cool to have Morrison back. It didn't matter if you agreed with him, at least he actually wrote interesting arcs and did character development.

But back on Astonishing, I still can't wait to see what happens to Cyke in the next issue!

Considering how much Whedon's been influenced by Morrison's run, this makes sense to me.

sebita said:
Storm should've been on Uncanny, she should've gone to the Shi'ar again :( Almost every adventure of the X-Men up there had Ororo in it, no wait, every adventure of the X-Men in Shi'ar space had Ororo in it.

What about during Operation: Zero Tolerance when Storm was with the Wolvie crowd on earth and Rogue, Gambit, Beat, and company were in space?

spark627 said:
question...

i just started readin astonishing (13 was my first issue). can someone explain who the woman with the green hair is. i have no clue who she is or what is going on there.

thanks
She is like Nick Fury but for a group called S.W.O.R.D as opposed to S.H.I.E.L.D. S.W.O.R.D handles intergalactic activity as opposed to those on earth. This big warrior guy from a planet called "Breakworld" showed up wanting destroy all mutants because it is said that a mutant will be the undoing of his planet. He helps this woman Kavita Rao develop a cure for mutants (hence where the movie got that story idea from and even put Kavita Rao in the flick). S.W.O.R.D is actually helping him find the mutant who will be responsible so that there will be no problems between the worlds.

Savage said:
She is like Nick Fury but for a group called S.W.O.R.D as opposed to S.H.I.E.L.D. S.W.O.R.D handles intergalactic activity as opposed to those on earth. This big warrior guy from a planet called "Breakworld" showed up wanting destroy all mutants because it is said that a mutant will be the undoing of his planet. He helps this woman Kavita Rao develop a cure for mutants (hence where the movie got that story idea from and even put Kavita Rao in the flick). S.W.O.R.D is actually helping him find the mutant who will be responsible so that there will be no problems between the worlds.

ahhh thank you.

americanguy96 said:

Deeefinately agree. :)

Colossus owns.....anyway, preview art from issue 15.

ASTXM015_1.jpg

ASTXM015_2.jpg

ASTXM015_3.jpg

ASTXM015_4.jpg

Cool. Former communist gets back at capitalist oppressor.

I think in those panel with Pete and Shaw, that is the Colossus that most of his fans have been waiting for. Take charge and kick ass. There was no hesitation in his attack either. It's not just that he took the offense but that glare in his eye was so Wolvy like. This is a newer, meaner and fresher version of Colossus and I like, no I Love it.

Either that isn't Shaw, or Pete hit him far harder than his powers could handle. Pete broke his nose, that is obvious and considering the damage to the wall, possibly could of cracked Shaw's skull as well.

danielisthor said:
I think in those panel with Pete and Shaw, that is the Colossus that most of his fans have been waiting for. Take charge and kick ass. There was no hesitation in his attack either. It's not just that he took the offense but that glare in his eye was so Wolvy like. This is a newer, meaner and fresher version of Colossus and I like, no I Love it.
Well, Peter's kinda running off of the pure craziness of historic madman, Grigory Rasputin, these days.

Negasonic Teenage Warhead (sp?) is looking pretty devil-ish.. What are the extent of her powers again?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"