Official Batman Titles thread 2.0 - - Part 11

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I havent had my daily quota of virgins blood, so I feel like having a good nom.

Kate is most definitely not a virgin Oberon

In all seriousness how did you like this weeks Batwoman Mysti?
Personally I'm wondering what Blackman and Williams (good ol' trust J.H) are building up to? Maro and his groupies are still out there with the kids..

I really loved this weeks issue personally

Loved the cute Kate/Maggie moments, their relationship is one of my favourite things about the series and I loved seeing them feeling able to be so open with each other

And I was pleased that
Bette is going to live :)

I can understand being annoyed that Maro got away but these first three arcs are all linked together so I saw this as being like 'Empire Strikes Back'

It introduces the villains, has them win a major victory but sets things up for the final confrontation between them and the hero and the heroes eventual victory

The next arc with Batwoman and Wonder Woman is going to wrap up this Medusa plotline so now that Kate knows who and what she's dealing with she'll be able to have her big final showdown with Maro and his monsters

wow, Croc on a jetpack would so damn brilliant!

If there is a more beautiful than a crocodile man flying through the sky with a jet pack I cannot imagine it

And then he and Kate duel on jet packs with Kate riding King Shark

Make it happen DC

I need to go pick up my books to see the glory that is jetpack Croc.

It needs to happen

And when Awesome Crisis: I kick your face comes out it will

In issue two: A boot to the head

Seriously, McCarthy needs to get off this book. He's not bad, but he's nowhere near as good as Williams III and Reeder.

I like McCarthy just as much as Reeder, if not moreso.

JH Williams is the artist again on the next arc :)

Not sure who the artist for the arc after that will be but hopefully someone good

Seriously, McCarthy needs to get off this book. He's not bad, but he's nowhere near as good as Williams III and Reeder.

You didn't like his art hippie hunter?

I agree its not as good as Williams but I still thought his style really suited the character and the series :hrt:

Sorry you didnt enjoy it hippie hunter :csad:

You didn't like his art hippie hunter?

I agree its not as good as Williams but I still thought his style really suited the character and the series :hrt:

Sorry you didnt enjoy it hippie hunter :csad:

It's not that McCarthy's art is bad, but it's more along the lines that it's vastly inferior to that of Williams and Reeders' art and thus becomes distracting. And I don't think it goes all that well with the layouts that Williams and Blackman intend for the book.

I don't get why everyone likes Reeder so much.

She's good, but not at all JH good.

Overall, J.H. Williams is better than Reeder, but there are somethings that Reeder did in Batwoman that I liked better. For example, I liked how Reeder drew Kate. Williams' Kate is just far too sickly and pale looking, and with her being so pale, the tattoos on her just look god awful as a result. Reeder on the other hand draws Kate rather pale, but not disgustingly pale like she's an albino. If Reeder didn't ignore the tattoos, they would have looked better on Reeder's rendition of Kate over Williams'.

Isn't that a matter of colorist, though?

Why is Kate so pale? She's not an albino and that skin color ain't natural on anybody except a cadaver. Does she... does she powder herself... all over? :huh:

I dig Kate looking so pale I think its incredibly hawt especially the way it makes her red hair and lipstick stand out

I just find really pale ladies very sexy

It's not that McCarthy's art is bad, but it's more along the lines that it's vastly inferior to that of Williams and Reeders' art and thus becomes distracting. And I don't think it goes all that well with the layouts that Williams and Blackman intend for the book.

He's definitely not as good as Williams but not many artists are as good as Williams to be fair :)

Semi off topic, saw DKR at midnight last night. It didn't start until 1230 and I walked out of the theater at 3am. Turning 26 made me into a crotchy old man. :o

i just gave my friend grant morrisons entire batman run, including final crisis. i look forward to her head being ****ed for days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vortep88
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"