Official Batman Titles thread 2.0 - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
As long as The Dark Knight Rises doesn't have anything as stupid as Tobey Maguire's dancing :dry:

Adam West automatically makes everything much more epically epic :up:

Detective Comics #879 is a comic i don't wanna approve, because ultimately i want James Gordon to have a much happier life and not under so much stress and chaos that he's started smoking again, in other words we need James Gordon to go thru what Batman did and come out as a more happier man, i mean it's just so sad to see his son return as a mass murderer.

But how can i not love something thats so well written and drawn? The ancitipation for the big conclusion, Joker being the preparation master such as Batman and the true inevitable clash between James Junior, Dick Grayson's grand last stand as Batman and the Joker all appearing in the big finale is just going to be Outrageous! Not to mention the odds are that its jus tthe Joker doing his drug things and James Junior is after all just another victim of Joker meddling with Joker's life, not a bad person to the core.

Last edited:
I'm hoping for a James jr/ Joker confrontation to end similar to the joker/ Le Bossu situation.

Batman and Superman fighting each other once again gets a :down from me but some if these look pretty neat

I think I'm going to check out JLI Firestorm and the Wonder Woman series their looking pretty neat

I'm hoping for a James jr/ Joker confrontation to end similar to the joker/ Le Bossu situation.

I doubt James Gordon Jr is going to enjoy his encounter with the Joker :wow:

Batman and Superman fighting each other once again gets a :down from me but some if these look pretty neat

Agreed. "What if Batman and Superman fought?" is an such an old and overdone scenario. There's really no way to do it seriously that isn't a cop out, doesn't make Superman look like a total ****ing tool (looking at you Frank Miller) or makes Batman look incompetent. The best way it can be done is ironically and humorously (i.e. that Joe Kelly story a while back in Superman/Batman).

I'm glad we're getting the solicits for October, cause Im interested in enough of the titles that its upping my pull list enough that I'm probably gonna preorder them to take benefit of discounts and these solicits are giving a decent idea of what sort of books these are and helping me better decide what my "musts" are and what books I actually probably won't enjoy that much.

Of these I'm on board for JLI, Wonder Woman, Aqua Man and Firestorm. JL and DCU Presents are maybes for me right now.

Frank Miller gets a lot of crap for the Superman/ Batman fights, but really it's not his fault a bunch of lame ass writers tried to imitate him and failed terribly

If after this relaunch there's never another Superman/Batman fight after the one in Justice League I'mma be happy

Agreed. "What if Batman and Superman fought?" is an such an old and overdone scenario. There's really no way to do it seriously that isn't a cop out, doesn't make Superman look like a total ****ing tool (looking at you Frank Miller) or makes Batman look incompetent. The best way it can be done is ironically and humorously (i.e. that Joe Kelly story a while back in Superman/Batman).

I'm glad we're getting the solicits for October, cause Im interested in enough of the titles that its upping my pull list enough that I'm probably gonna preorder them to take benefit of discounts and these solicits are giving a decent idea of what sort of books these are and helping me better decide what my "musts" are and what books I actually probably won't enjoy that much.

Of these I'm on board for JLI, Wonder Woman, Aqua Man and Firestorm. JL and DCU Presents are maybes for me right now.

The Aquaman series I think I'm going to check out because I loves Aquaman. Not tjrilled about who is writing his series but I will give it a chance

Frank Miller gets a lot of crap for the Superman/ Batman fights, but really it's not his fault a bunch of lame ass writers tried to imitate him and failed terribly

Yeah the Superman scene in TDKR works since ultimately it's not Superman wanting to kill his comrade despite their past, wheres you got stuff like Loeb going all "Ivy mindcontrol" crap. <_>

Still for Jim Lee and Geoff Johns to promise "JL needs an epic origin story" it certainly begs to question did it really need Batman to fight Superman, i mean he's gathering these heroes, Johns has said we see Hal meeting Superman and checking if he's an alien threath or not, but did we really need what is likely an issue containing a splash page of Batman punching Superman?

Not really :csad:

I hope that neither of the characters is portrayed as an idiot like they usually are during these pointless Superman vs Batman fights

The Aquaman series I think I'm going to check out because I loves Aquaman. Not tjrilled about who is writing his series but I will give it a chance

Agreed. Johns is hit and miss from what I've read (I've never actually read any of his Green Lantern stuff), I'm just there for Aquaman.

Yep

There are very few things that could convince me not to read Aquaman

DC's October solicits for their Justice League and "Young Justice" titles are up.

http://www.newsarama.com/comics/dcn...eague-young-justice-solicitations-110714.html

I like how on the covers of both books Batman is in he's either getting beat up or is knocked out in the background. Outstanding.

That is annoying.

Agreed. It's been a cool battle sometimes, but I think that it's overused and the concept is just weird: A mere mortal with a lot of brains and gadgets vs...an alien who can lift the weight of a cruise ship. Why is it that we see Batman v. Superman battle often, but not Captain America v. Thor?

Because Captain America doesn't get written off as a paranoid maniac.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"