Official Batman Titles thread 2.0 - Part 9

Status
Not open for further replies.
I suppose, but once a corpse has a heartbeat and starts walking around and talking and not eating brains, I'm not sure I would call them dead.

I guess its sort of a gray area as they're only being kept alive through artificial means

It's a fair point though. And Bruce is fine with destroying Amazo even though he's sentient with thoughts and emotions so Batman's whole 'no killing' rule and what he defines as alive is kind of a gray area

Which was after stabbing him through the chest with a sword.

Which wasn't kill shot apparently. Bruce has said that cold tempatures slow these things down so I'm gonna imagine killing them is a *****. Maybe it will be like a failsafe or something that kills them that the court has, no secret society goes in prepared.

I guess its sort of a gray area as they're only being kept alive through artificial means

It's a fair point though. And Bruce is fine with destroying Amazo even though he's sentient with thoughts and emotions so Batman's whole 'no killing' rule and what he defines as alive is kind of a gray area

Amazo was shut down in JL and he is a friggin robot, he doesn't really die. Plus we didn't see Amazos characterization or his creation/origin.

Plus, are they truly alive if they're continual existence is completely dependent on whatever scientific serum is in their system? I thought it was explained (or at least strongly implied) that without that concoction in their bodies they'd immediately cease to be.
Like an animate dead spell. The dead only stay animated as long as the magic used to sustain them is active. They can move and talk and what not, but they're not truly alive, as an external force has to maintain their being, not their own accord, and the moment that force ceases their actions cease as well.

Or maybe we're not supposed to think about it so much and just dub them as scientific undead.

That smell better.

Presumably.

I just thought about something, these Owl guys are just like the Nazi guy from Hellboy kinda. Maybe?

Well ****, I guess Batman can kill anybody with a pace-maker by that logic. Amazo is a damn robot and can repair.

I just thought about something, these Owl guys are just like the Nazi guy from Hellboy kinda. Maybe?

I only remember the sand wind-up Nazi from the movie.

Is it murder to kill the undead ?, because that's basically what Talon's are.

I'm not saying it's murder to kill the undead. If your spinal column gets reactivated by a virus that makes you start eating people, by all means, Batman should shoot you in the head with a shotgun.

But if you're cryogenically frozen and brought back with science and have a heartbeat, cognitive skills, and the means to fight batman with kung-fu, I would argue that you are, in fact, alive.

Aside from introducing him to the life as Robin, I don't see Jason's death as Bruce's fault. Jason repeatidly disobeyed orders, etc. I don't think Bruce needs redemption. Furthermore, if Bruce had any knowledge that Jason was ressurected, he would have done his best to put him back on the right path, but by the time Bruce learned the truth, it was far too late. I'm just glad elements like the All Caste (or whatever its called) have been introduced into Jason's history so he's not so pure doom and gloom anymore. Now he actually has chops and has grown a great deal as a character.

Bruce himself is characterized as def. still viewing Jason's death as his fault. Just last week in B&R he was starring at the tunic in the cave and reflecting on it after Damain stuck his filthy little fingers into Nobody's brain.

They don't have a heartbeat apparently so does that make them technically undead?

WompuM said:
Well ****, I guess Batman can kill anybody with a pace-maker by that logic. Amazo is a damn robot and can repair.

So can the Talons though Womp

No matter how many times you kill them they can be brought back

This issue of Nightwing was way better than it has been in the last several months. Glad I could actually enjoy an issue again, mostly thanks to the Court of Owls story.

Batman was also awesome. I hate robo-mecha Batman, though. It's not an original concept, and I'm sick of seeing it.

I hope each member of the Bat family has their own Bat mech. They beat Court of Owls by combining and forming one giant Batbot.

Mighty Morphin' Robo Batbot! :awesome:

Which can also transform into a giant bat

And then Talia uses magic to make Lord Death Man grow to a giant size

And the two battle each other :atp:

So does anyone else think it might be one of the Greek gods causing trouble over in Batwoman

The cult she's battling is called Medusa, Falchion dresses in a greek/Roman style and the weapons are bathed in Amazon blood

Most of the female gods are pretty nice in the DCU but Ares does have that psychotic daughter who's even more bloodthirsty than her father. It would be a neat twist if she's behind the Medusa cult

Or maybe its Medusa herself or one of her sisters

Kind of hoping for Euryale and Stheno to show up now. Especially Stheno. They're like the 2 Broke Girls if they were immortal evil Gorgons :up:

I'm really quite enjoying Night of the Owls. I really enjoyed the fact that Jason and Tim get along, and I hope he does with Dickie too.

So Jason and Tim are friends now?

I guess Jason has changed his attitude toward him that's nice :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"