Official Excalibur and/or Captain Britain movie discussion thread

Discussion in 'Marvel Films' started by BT18, Mar 11, 2006.

1. OwlBoy

OwlBoy Registered

[​IMG]

Rupert Penry-Jones for Captain Britain

2. cerealkiller182

cerealkiller182 Must Get Deadpool Avatar

Union Jack- Jason Statham (im still rooting for this to happen in the Cap America movie)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. X-Maniac

X-Maniac High Evolutionary

A set-up for a spin-off would be fantastic, though the US would never make this Captain Britain movie - it would need to be a British production. The name Excalibur is more international, but also a bit misleading considering the Boorman movie on the Arthurian legend.

I'd love to see a Captain Britain/Excalibur movie though.

4. LEGO Spidey

LEGO Spidey Registered

Who'd be the villain? Mad Jim Jaspers?

5. Cagefighterkip

Cagefighterkip Mr. Golightly

i dont see a CAPTAIN BRITAIN movie coming, but i think seeing an EXCALIBUR movie is possible, considering all the XMEN spinoffs coming... wolverine, magneto, deadpool, young x-men and whatnot...

6. The Englishman

The Englishman Marching On Together

MI-13, not Excalibur!!!!!

7. cerealkiller182

Face it, this is more of a cast English Marvel characters. At least thats the way Im treating it :oldrazz:

8. The Englishman

Good call.....:up:

9. GlasgowBat

GlasgowBat Registered

captain Britain? now there's a disaster waiting to happen..........

10. Pluto

Pluto Registered

DANIEL CRAIG For Cap Britain!!!!!

Whatcha think?

11. The Englishman

Yes good choice, but id like either Rupert Penry-Jones or Paul Betany....:huh:

12. OsGom

OsGom Mind-Taker

I think an Xcalibur movie is feasible in America as long as they preserve the humor and wonder of the first 50 issues. The humor IMO is what was most endearing about the series. They should adapt the original storyline with Rachel escaping from Mojoworld and being pursued by the Warwolves. Add Mojo as the main villain and they you should have a funny action packed comicbook adaptation hopefully launching a franchise. Also include Widget and Technet.
    Unfortunately since the Xmen characters are Fox properties I don't believe this would ever happen. That studio isn't much for taking risks and thinking outside the box.

Rachel - Scarlett Johanssen
    Kitty - I like Ellen Page. She has Kitty's pluckiness.
    Captain Britain - Daniel Craig would be good.
    Megan - Sienna Guillory
    Nightcrawler - I didn't like Alan Cummings. i think there are probably better candidates but I can't think of any.

13. Artistsean

Artistsean Monkey Boy

I know I may not be very familiar with Captain Britain or not as familiar as some others are, but...

The way I would love to see them handle Captain Britain is how Shawn of the Dead or Hot Fuzz was done.
    Filmed in England, with English actors, no mention or reference to America.
    They shouldn't even make him a parody or anything, nothing like advertising him as England's answer to Captain America or anything like that.

Also, as far as character goes I'd like to see him the way Alan Davis said he was presented as when he worked on him and redesigned his costume.
    He said he was uptight, stiff, no sense of humor, and not competent or ready for his job.

As for actors to play him? I don't know, but he should probably be British. Alan Davis designed him to look like a character named Garth, physically perfect in every way, like Michelangelo's David on Steroids. Garth, from pics I have seen sort of looks like Brock Samson from Venture Brothers, very imposing and muscular. So I think they should try to get someone who could look the part.

(This is also how I'd like to see Alpha Flight handled. filmed in Canada, with Canadian actors for the most part, and no mention of America or advertising it as Canada's answer to superheroes. Just sort of advertise them as a superhero team and just base it all in Canada.)

#38 Artistsean, Nov 14, 2008
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2008
  14. Manic

Manic User title? USER TITLE?!

Well, as long as you have even a passing familiarity of the charac--

Wow. You really aren't that familiar with Captain Britain, are you? Beyond name similarities, I don't think anyone has EVER associated Cap Britain with Cap America. There's pretty much no chance Captain America would ever come up in a Captain Britain movie.

Now, if they were to make a Captain Midlands movie...

15. Hypestyle

Hypestyle Registered

..I'd love to see excalibur as a cartoon movie/series, use the Alan Davis art designs..

as far as live action.. nice to talk about, but I suspect Feige and company probably look at this as not a priority.. if Marvel was Warner Bros., maybe..

16. Manic

Manic User title? USER TITLE?!

If Marvel was Warner Bros, we'd be looking at the same two superheroes decade after decade, followed by a bunch of non-superhero movies from their MAX or Icon imprints.

17. Artistsean

Artistsean Monkey Boy

true, I am not real familiar with the character, but what i meant was

I think it would be cool to do it like Hot Fuzz or Shawn of the Dead,
    a totally British (actors, location, etc.) movie shown in America. But I wouldn't want them to advertise them like they are England's answer to American superheroes.
    I just wouldn't want him to be a parody, its hard for me to describe. If I need to go more into it I can, if I didn't get across what I meant that is.

(The only reason I mention Captain America, besides the name, is that Alan Davis mentioned that when coming up with his character they made him sort of opposite of Captain America. He wasn't born for the superhero job, or the patriotic symbol of his country, like Steve Rogers was.)

A cartoon series could be really cool too. I would love it. It should still be based in England and have English sounding voice actors. But that would work.
    That would actually work really well. That way you can have characters look like comic heroes and wear costumes and all and not have to change stuff. You can have Brian Braddock be a tall bulky guy (bigger than everyone like a Brock Samson) the way Davis designed him.
    Then you can even bring in characters from the Davis run like the Crazy Gang, I think they are called.

Captain Britain is a character I could see Marvel actually making a movie of, after they make Thor, Captain America, the Avengers, and they build up a successful franchise for their movies,
    I think Captain Britain is actually just a matter of time.

#42 Artistsean, Nov 17, 2008
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2008
  18. The Englishman

I hope your right because i think it could work too and i dont buy into the fact that it wont do well because he is British, i mean why not, James Bond is British and he seems to do all right?

19. Brian Braddock

Brian Braddock R.I.P. '96 Y.N.W.A.

Oh hell yes....................

[​IMG]

I'll make no bones about it - aesthetically, ^^^^^ is one of the best comicbook costume designs of all time in my humble opinion.

Only thing is, they had to change it to a simpler design because the colourist kept getting the lines/areas confused and coloured it wrong.

Imagine how much harder it would be if it was in animated form.

20. shadowdog

shadowdog Registered

I would love it if they made this film
    love Excalibur, love MI:13
    If they wanted to they could start an Excalibur movie with Kurt or Kitty leaving the states to join up, if they wanted to carry over an already established character of course.
    Personally, I would prefer an MI:13 movie
    Spitfire and Black Knight?
    Yes please!

21. The Englishman

Yes me too!!!

22. Artistsean

Artistsean Monkey Boy

That is true in animation, but for something like Captain Britain's costume it shouldn't be that hard.

23. The Englishman

So what would work better, Excalibur or MI-13??

24. cerealkiller182

combination of both

25. PrometheusHarpe

PrometheusHarpe Registered

How about Gabriel Macht as Captain Britain/Brian Braddock and Misha Collins as Pete Wisdom:

Gabriel has that whole high-born look, square jaw, total do-gooder.

[​IMG][​IMG]

And Misha has that unkempt, looks-like-trouble, kinda surly, but still suave and yeah you know you're going to go there even if you shouldn't look. Plus, the killer blue eyes, which for me? Very important for Pete.

[​IMG][​IMG]