Guardians of the Galaxy Guardians of the Galaxy: General Discussion & Speculation Thread - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guardians of the Galaxy: General Discussion & Speculation Thread

u6lgQ.jpg

Discuss any and all ideas about GotG here. :)

I'm definitely excited about seeing GOTG, and seeing GOTG turn into a full-fledged genuine franchise with a GOTG2 announced soon after a phenomenal run at the box office....

...but I'm just saying that if this film goes John Carter or Green Lantern, it's going to severely hurt the chances of Cosmic Marvel in the MCU in general. I'm most concerned, in particular, about the way they portray Thanos....this could seriously **** things up for him in future movies. Wish I could be more optimistic about it, but Marvel Studios doesn't have a great track record yet when it comes to villains --- Loki is the only one who's been positively received by fans, critics and general audiences alike. Hopefully they'll get some better writing for the villains in Phase II.

I fully agree, Marvel's not the best when it comes to villains. They get better with rewatches, but they still don't quite hit the mark. However, I think Marvel will make sure Thanos is as badass and evil as he should be. Let's not forget that if he's the villain in A2, he has Darkseid to compete with in JL. I don't think Marvel wants one of their hugest threats to come across as a little b***h.

Will be a big step for Levitt if he takes it. He hasn't had to carry a big movie like this on his shoulders before. He had Looper, but that also had a big star in Bruce Willis to help him carry the load, and that movie probably ended up having a fraction of the budget this movie will.

He did GI JOE but that was a disaster and he ditched that franchise. He also had 50/50, but that was an off-beat comedy about a guy with cancer.

Last edited:
Will be a big step for Levitt if he takes it. He hasn't had to carry a big movie like this on his shoulders before. He had Looper, but that also had a big star in Bruce Willis to help him carry the load, and that movie probably ended up having a fraction of the budget this movie will.

He did GI JOE but that was a disaster and he ditched that franchise. He also had 50/50, but that was an off-beat comedy about a guy with cancer.

fixed

What an awesome choice for a guy to bring into the MCU. I may not be too familiar with the character, but JGL would be fantastic to have in anything. Hopefully it is like Cap's casting and it'll be official in no time!

Well he isn't getting it. He put it on blast.

It will be so hilarious if Marvel pulled a Krasinski with Star Lord, dangling a bad choice in front of fandom's (somewhat) horrified eyes before pulling out the perfect actor for the role. We'll be so relieved not to have Two-Buck Chuck in GotG that JGL will seem like a savior. Well played, Marvel, well played.

(Didn't I say that Levi was the Krasinski of GotG? :word:)

Because Levi would be suuuuuch a terrible choice. :whatever:

It will be so hilarious if Marvel pulled a Krasinski with Star Lord, dangling a bad choice in front of fandom's (somewhat) horrified eyes before pulling out the perfect actor for the role. We'll be so relieved not to have Two-Buck Chuck in GotG that JGL will seem like a savior. Well played, Marvel, well played.

(Didn't I say that Levi was the Krasinski of GotG? :word:)
Haha, I thought the same thing :hehe:

God, I hope JGL gets the role. He'd be fantastic in it, just like he is in everything else. It'd also bring some nice star power to the movie. :D

Now we just need some rumors of Jason Statham or Michael Rooker in the running for Rocky!

I fully agree, Marvel's not the best when it comes to villains. They get better with rewatches, but they still don't quite hit the mark. However, I think Marvel will make sure Thanos is as badass and evil as he should be. Let's not forget that if he's the villain in A2, he has Darkseid to compete with in JL. I don't think Marvel wants one of their hugest threats to come across as a little b***h.

He needs to be big

I can do without Michael Rosenbaum as Star Lord. He has a weird face to me... doesn't really suit Peter imo.

Yeah, I'd love to have Rosenbaum as live-action Flash though.

By big do you mean physically big or a big villain? Doesn't matter to me, though. I agree with both.

Indeed, both indeed. Hulk size? Hehe.

Yeah, I'd love to have Rosenbaum as live-action Flash though.

Indeed, both indeed. Hulk size? Hehe.

Yeah, Flash I can live with since he was great in the animated series.

Isn't Thanos supposed to be Hulk's size or close to it? That's what I want to see.

At least as tall as Hulk, not necessarily Hulk's build.

I'd say make him a head taller than Thor, that should be enough.

This thread and a couple others should have something interesting to talk about in a few, via CBM. You can take it with a grain of salt, as I'm sure you will, but it's definitely worth checking out

Last edited:
This thread and a couple others should have something interesting to talk about in a few, via CBM. You can take it with a grain of salt, as I'm sure you will, but it's definitely worth checking out
But it's CBM.
8be5ead6.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"